LCD-X and XC Update
Apr 8, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #347 of 2,741
For how long has it been rumored?
I would say since late January there have been rumours that “something was happening with Audeze’s line that would affect the tuning”... But Audeze does this often (making silent revisions to products and then explaining them shortly after).
Some people are quite bothered by this but, other companies do the same thing and don’t say anything about it. I much prefer what Audeze does personally.

There is also word that Audeze will release some new headphones this year. Rumours are that their new releases will include a new flagship either a closed-back or a lighter LCD-4 .. or both no one actually knows but if you read this threat Grover hints at the closed back potentially being a thing. Not sure if “rumour” is the right word as it kind of implies some kind of misinformation or deception is taking place... Audeze is hinting/teasing a new release.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #348 of 2,741
I would say since late January there have been rumours that “something was happening with Audeze’s line that would affect the tuning”... But Audeze does this often (making silent revisions to products and then explaining them shortly after).
Some people are quite bothered by this but, other companies do the same thing and don’t say anything about it. I much prefer what Audeze does personally.

There is also word that Audeze will release some new headphones this year. Rumours are that their new releases will include a new flagship. Not sure if “rumour” is the right word as it kind of implies some kind of misinformation or deception is taking place... Audeze is hinting/teasing a new release.
The main thing this time, is that people feel this might be a more significant (and positive) change.

Apr 8, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #349 of 2,741
I wanted to send oratory my set (he will take samples from anyone for his database) but the cost of shipping overseas is insane. It’d be cool if a few head-fiers could send units out to reviewers. The thing is... Audeze probably wants to make sure that the big reviewers are getting samples that are in good shape. If a random person sends in their damaged, defective or even modded/altered set and a reviewer makes measurements of that it is not really indicative of Audeze’s work. I guess another hope is that Resolve or someone associated with an authorized dealer is able to pull samples from the dealer’s inventory to review. Not sure if that is a possibility.. @Resolve

I also know every time Resolve does a live stream he mentions like 2-3 projects he has on-the-go so it might simply not be possible time-wise to get to something like that.
Andrew and the other popular YouTube reviewers do a great job for the community, but it always tickles my funny bone when someone is waiting for a revelation from one of them.

Sure, they have experience (like many of us) but they are also supported by some companies in one way or another. At the same time they have their own personal preference and unique approach to evaluating headphones. Why should Andrew's or any other more known reviewers opinion define my buying habits? Sure it can give us a vague direction of interest, but what they speak is not gospel or the ultimate truth.
In the end all reviews are opinions. Why should someone's opinion with a bigger audience matter more? Just follow your ears.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #350 of 2,741
Some reviewers put in the work. Others just want to keep their cat well fed.

Apr 8, 2021 at 6:22 PM Post #352 of 2,741
Apr 8, 2021 at 7:26 PM Post #353 of 2,741
Andrew and the other popular YouTube reviewers do a great job for the community, but it always tickles my funny bone when someone is waiting for a revelation from one of them.

Sure, they have experience (like many of us) but they are also supported by some companies in one way or another. At the same time they have their own personal preference and unique approach to evaluating headphones. Why should Andrew's or any other more known reviewers opinion define my buying habits? Sure it can give us a vague direction of interest, but what they speak is not gospel or the ultimate truth.
In the end all reviews are opinions. Why should someone's opinion with a bigger audience matter more? Just follow your ears.
Ya but a measurement isn’t an opinion. Personally I’m just interested in the measurements because there are none out for the model with new pads yet!

Apr 8, 2021 at 7:29 PM Post #355 of 2,741
Some reviewers put in the work. Others just want to keep their cat well fed.
Aw poor Zeos haha. Zeos is getting played just as much as his fans are.. who knows what the companies are sending him... I’ve always had a soft spot for him. He was my intro to this hobby although I must say I’ve never bought a Zeos hype-train product.

Apr 8, 2021 at 10:32 PM Post #357 of 2,741
Aw poor Zeos haha. Zeos is getting played just as much as his fans are.. who knows what the companies are sending him... I’ve always had a soft spot for him. He was my intro to this hobby although I must say I’ve never bought a Zeos hype-train product.
I just think that he turned this gig into conveyor belt operation. From meatballs to LED bulbs. Besides, does “warm chocolate on your face while laying naked” get you slightest idea what headphones really sound like? Lol

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #358 of 2,741
Apr 9, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #359 of 2,741
I just think that he turned this gig into conveyor belt operation. From meatballs to LED bulbs. Besides, does “warm chocolate on your face while laying naked” get you slightest idea what headphones really sound like? Lol
Haha it’s just for fun though. He has done a lot for the headphone community in terms of mainstreaming it and bringing new people in. But ya... his reviews are not in depth at all especially the sound descriptions. He nails comfort and cables etc. though. The thing that I guess is concerning is that he swoons over a product and young people actually drop the money. He seems aware/concerned about this more lately though.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #360 of 2,741

Users who are viewing this thread

Back