LCD-XC, Paired with Lyr or Valhalla
Mar 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Butler

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Folks,

Once I get my current pair of desktop cans sold, and amp, the gracious wife has permitted me to purchase a LCD-XC and a complementarily powerful amp. I like my Asgard, and it may be just fine paired with the XC however I'm looking to step out of the cold world of solid state and get warmed up to the smokey world of tubes. I know the LCD-3 sings with a Lyr. By the same vein, can the same be said for the Lyr? Would a Lyr be far too much overkill? Should I step down to a Valhalla? I'm only considering Schiit amps at the moment because I'm a huge fan and I want an amp that will look good and pair well with my Bifrost.

Mar 8, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 3
I think the lyr would be the better solid state amp. Not too much is usually said about the vahalla/audeze pairings , but there is too much said the lyr/ audeze pairings. The safe bet would be to get the lyr.

Mar 10, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #3 of 3
Lyr is a solid state hybrid, correct? Would it still have a comparable sound signature of a tube amp?

The LCD-3 are higher impedance than the XC, which is something else to consider. Any other input would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back