LCD2 vs TH600
Jul 4, 2013 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ejong7

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey guys. I just need some advice on choosing a pair. I getting a Dacmini CX (Stock, 10 ohms) and I probably have another $1000-1500 to get a pair of headphones. I've been lurking and reading around a lot and I pretty much narrow them down to this two. Between the two I have more experience with the LCD2 (considering its NONE with the TH600) but i'll probably be demoing one soon. I listen mainly to a lot of rock, pop, acoustic, jazz, soundtracks & electronic. Actually most genres I listen to except personally real noisy stuff like heavy metal (IMHO of course). As reference, I personally disliked the W4/W4R's. They just sound wrong to me.

*The HD800's were in consideration, but due to my previous experience with em, i think they really need a system that revolves everything around it and that would probably mean me forking out for an amp which is not really a consideration (weight issue). I've tried the T1's and although they were decent, I just felt they lack synergy with the CX ( which I love). Other headphones (if available, hard to source in my home country which is not the UK/US/Japan).

*I would consider their respective higher priced brothers, but only if they really is such a huge leap.

Please help me with my plans going forward guys. Cheers.

Jul 4, 2013 at 8:23 PM Post #2 of 5
The sound signatures of those two expensive cans (one open and one closed) are quite different.  Both will need an amp.  To make an informed decision, you will have to listen to both of them driven by a proper kit.  I (and others) was able to do that at the Dallas Head-Fi meet last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back