Lets Talk Metal
Jul 29, 2013 at 11:28 AM Post #10,711 of 29,693
Between the two Mantle > Ashes

My personal Agalloch ranking goes like Mantle > Of stone, wind and Pillor >  Pale folklore = Ashes.

Finally decided to post here (after a few years) instead of lurking since you guys talk about Mantle while I am listening to it 
wink.gif

I saw a review in a metal magazine in 2002 for The Mantle. Picked up the Cd in 02! No one knew who they were then.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #10,712 of 29,693
My adventure of "randomly clicking on youtube suggestions" somehow brings me to Agalloch. One of the best discovery I must say

Currently listening to this, their latest album is a disappointment to me, but the old stuff is still crazily good 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:05 PM Post #10,713 of 29,693
Quote:
My adventure of "randomly clicking on youtube suggestions" somehow brings me to Agalloch. One of the best discovery I must say

Currently listening to this, their latest album is a disappointment to me, but the old stuff is still crazily good 
bigsmile_face.gif

I share the same sentiment.  Kivenkantaja really sealed the deal with me, what an amazing album!

Jul 29, 2013 at 12:48 PM Post #10,714 of 29,693
I love everything Moonsorrow ever put out.
I really want to get a copy of their demo but that is close to impossible.

Hävitetty had a HUGE influence on me (in many ways).
One of my all-time favourites.
Verisäkeet comes in second :wink:

Jul 29, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #10,715 of 29,693
Metsa and Tama Ikuinen Talvi got reissued; but I can't find the other two (Thorn of ice and Promo). You Germans are lucky to have Moonsorrow touring this September :). I'd love to travel there, but the recent ear-ringing from Wintersun concert kinda warn me not to go to any more metal concert 
frown.gif

Moonsorrow has quite an influence on me too. One of the main motivator for me to find a headphone that could portray the scream and atmosphere in Verisakeet, and that's the beginning of my head-fi journey =p. They're also one of the rare bands that I don't find one album better than another (well sans the newest record of course). Hell even with their newest album, I really like Huuto - it's so catchy 
tongue_smile.gif

Jul 29, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #10,716 of 29,693
Metsa and Tama Ikuinen Talvi got reissued; but I can't find the other two (Thorn of ice and Promo). You Germans are lucky to have Moonsorrow touring this September :). I'd love to travel there, but the recent ear-ringing from Wintersun concert kinda warn me not to go to any more metal concert 
frown.gif

Moonsorrow has quite an influence on me too. One of the main motivator for me to find a headphone that could portray the scream and atmosphere in Verisakeet, and that's the beginning of my head-fi journey =p. They're also one of the rare bands that I don't find one album better than another (well sans the newest record of course). Hell even with their newest album, I really like Huuto - it's so catchy 
tongue_smile.gif

:beerchug:

Do you mean their gig at the Fimbul Festival in September?
Won't go there :/
I've seen them live two times so far. First time, they played the complete Hävitetty album.
It was stunning.

Jul 29, 2013 at 4:56 PM Post #10,719 of 29,693
I love everything Moonsorrow ever put out.
I really want to get a copy of their demo but that is close to impossible.

Hävitetty had a HUGE influence on me (in many ways).
One of my all-time favourites.
Verisäkeet comes in second :wink:

Hoping to see the demo show up with the upcoming 'complete works' vinyl box from Blood. They're usually really good about that kind of thing.

So hype for that box...

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:00 PM Post #10,720 of 29,693
Quote:
Hoping to see the demo show up with the upcoming 'complete works' vinyl box from Blood. They're usually really good about that kind of thing.

So hype for that box...

There is no pre-order for it right now, right?
I have a 170€ Amazon coupon and I'm not really sure if I should finally get a turntable with it or a SSD....

The Black Crown Initiate EP is getting better and better ♥
This band is going places!

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #10,721 of 29,693
There is no pre-order for it right now, right?

I have a 170€ Amazon coupon and I'm not really sure if I should finally get a turntable with it or a SSD....

The Black Crown Initiate EP is getting better and better ♥

This band is going places!

Won't be till 2014. Preorder might be before that, but it won't ship till 2014.

Jul 29, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #10,722 of 29,693
Quote:

Well, plenty of time to get a turntable!
And a lot of time to save money for this box....I'm sure it will be over 150 wing wangs.

Jul 29, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #10,724 of 29,693
Lately I have been on an old school tear and two CD's in particular have been playing on my rig for over a week now. D.R.I. Thrash Zone and DEATH Spiritual Healing. Figure I will move on to some older Forbidden and Sepultura next.

Jul 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #10,725 of 29,693
Well, plenty of time to get a turntable!

And a lot of time to save money for this box....I'm sure it will be over 150 wing wangs.

This box is probaboy going to be to 400-500 dollars. Considering the number of LPs, shipping, and the recent price of Blood's SYL box.

IIRC preorder will be November/December. I'm keeping an eye on it because stuff like this sells out QUICK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back