Lets Talk Metal
Nov 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #17,011 of 29,693
  AKG K712 didn't sound bad for metal to me, aside from all the creaking between the joints.

I hopped on the AKG7XX bandwagon.
Really eager to hear how it will perform with some heavy tunes!

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #17,013 of 29,693
  Hey all. Anyone else been listening to the new Soen album? It's off-the-charts good.

I know right. It is awesome. So much less Tool imitation and so much more better :)

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:10 AM Post #17,014 of 29,693
  I know right. It is awesome. So much less Tool imitation and so much more better :)

+1000

I'm also a bit surprised that this thread is not going apeshiit about the new Ne Obliviscaris. This one is easily topping my 2014 metal chart.
Or maybe everybody is too busy listening to it
beyersmile.png

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:22 AM Post #17,015 of 29,693
I hopped on the AKG7XX bandwagon.

Really eager to hear how it will perform with some heavy tunes!

I have two pairs of K701s and after all these years I still love them for maybe 50% of metal sub-genres. The K7XX will have the 3 db bass boost like the Annie model which should dial em in for metal. Just be sure to amp them right. With the wrong amount of amp power they can sound like a hand held AM radio.

With the right power behind them the speed and detail will be a fun ride! Congrats!

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:42 PM Post #17,017 of 29,693

+1000

I'm also a bit surprised that this thread is not going apeshiit about the new Ne Obliviscaris. This one is easily topping my 2014 metal chart.
Or maybe everybody is too busy listening to it
beyersmile.png

I think it's absolutely fantastic! I honestly wasn't looking forward to it too much, but it has been blowing my socks off. The length, the balance between symphonic and metal, the beauty and intensity, and of course the technicality. In a way it reminds me of Spawn of Possession's Incurso... that might sound weird because they're very different sounding albums (different genres even), but I guess the best way I can describe it is the type of technicality sounds pretty similar between the two. 

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #17,018 of 29,693
  I think it's absolutely fantastic! I honestly wasn't looking forward to it too much, but it has been blowing my socks off. The length, the balance between symphonic and metal, the beauty and intensity, and of course the technicality. In a way it reminds me of Spawn of Possession's Incurso... that might sound weird because they're very different sounding albums (different genres even), but I guess the best way I can describe it is the type of technicality sounds pretty similar between the two. 

+1
It's fantastic. Part of my top 5 for sure.
I wish I knew if they used the same master for the LP and CD version :|

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:24 AM Post #17,019 of 29,693
Guys which is the best budget Android iem (with mic). Should have small form factor, so that it can be worn under a helmet.

Dec 2, 2014 at 4:17 AM Post #17,020 of 29,693

Absolutely, I think they managed to record a very "heavy" album without the typical growls and chugga-chugga that many bands use to make it seem like they are rocking hard. 
I loved their first album, this one is a favorite too.

Dec 2, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #17,021 of 29,693
I go on these hardcore and old school crunchy death/doom.... kicks.  Any fans of the new Blood Bath? .....I like this kind of stuff better than newer melodeth.

Also enjoying Trap Them. Yes, it is ______ "core" a la Kurt Ballou....but I like the style when the mood strikes and the new album-BlissXXXXer is a pretty good distillation of metal and hardcore. I'd say sludge Entombed crust worship.  Kind of a Black Breath vibe. No post due to the title not passing the sensors.

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #17,022 of 29,693
  I go on these hardcore and old school crunchy death/doom.... kicks.  Any fans of the new Blood Bath? .....I like this kind of stuff better than newer melodeth.

At first I didn't think Holmes was a good fit but after a few listens realized he was the near-perfect fit (Masse Broberg is the absolute for Bloodbath in my opinion)

Dec 3, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #17,023 of 29,693
AKG with Metal ?
confused_face_2.gif

AKG K712 are among the best metal headphones
http://www.head-fi.org/t/715478/headphones-for-metal-music-ultimate-solution 

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #17,024 of 29,693
  AKG K712 are among the best metal headphones
http://www.head-fi.org/t/715478/headphones-for-metal-music-ultimate-solution 

Holy **** I never noticed your thread before!
Incredible work, man!
Makes me even more confident that my AKG K7XX will perform well with the heavy stuff.

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM Post #17,025 of 29,693

At first I didn't think Holmes was a good fit but after a few listens realized he was the near-perfect fit (Masse Broberg is the absolute for Bloodbath in my opinion)

I'm actually new to Bloodbath-one of various holes in my metal knowledge fiefdom-I've got many of those ...too much music, so little time
confused_face(1).gif
. But, I'm down with the old school f'ugly vibe...much more than a lot of more modern techy stuff. I'll take atmosphere, sludge, grit and sweat over wonky noodling most days of the week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back