LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 17, 2016 at 11:31 AM Post #3,106 of 3,525
I wish there was a way to make the alsa app settings stick longer. I find that if an album comes to an end in poweramp or even if I sometimes pause the stock LG music app, the levels default back to normal mode. Have to go back into alsa app as music is playing and activate it again. Also only other negative I've found with Alsa app is to be prepared for all other sounds to be loud! Like if you get a notification from an app. I usually will turn off notifications and alarms sounds.

There is another way through editing the mixer paths file if you're rooted. There are instructions earlier in this thread that you may find with a search. Editing the file leaves the settings permanent until you re-edit the file. Like alsa mixer you can choose the level from 0-31.

Edit: found the link here http://www.head-fi.org/t/782706/lg-v10-new-ess-chipped-flagship-android-phone-from-lg/2205#post_12390082

Oct 17, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #3,107 of 3,525
is any one tried to MEElectronics Pinnacle P1 on LG V10 it is 50ohms IEM and i heard it is the BEST i am not sure bcoz it is not hybrid with BA driver 
please let me know if anyone get chance to TEST this IEM on LG V10 or V20

I can confirm the amp works with P1 using the cable with no mic. It will automatically switch to high gain mode. Since I rooted my phone, I can use high gain mode using the mic cable too!

Oct 18, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #3,109 of 3,525
I just got a software update on my V10 (AT&T)

What, my phone is WAY faster!

I love this phone! Plus, it hasn't "boot looped" or started on fire!

BONUS!

Yup V10 is excellent! And the V20 is starting to ship now, finally. Better late than Note 7...

Oct 18, 2016 at 5:34 PM Post #3,110 of 3,525
Just ordered one. On Thursday I'll be joining the club :)
Some online shops here removed it from listing and are promoting pre-orders for the V20, stocks are low on the V10, so I couldn't hope for substantial discounts or Black Friday deals... Ordered a black one, H960A, for 440 EUR and that's it.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:33 AM Post #3,111 of 3,525
Glad to see you're finally joining team v10 @KopaneDePooj !!
still love mine a ton. i use xOS launcher.
wondering though, any player other than Poweramp (used it & not interested) with EQ support worth using?
Onkyo HF player makes compilations near impossible to work with.
I think someone mentioned USB Player Pro but what's the point if I'm never going to use a USB DAC with it?
foobar2000 would be my pick if it had EQ. don't like Deadbeef either really...

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #3,112 of 3,525
You should try Neutron.

Oct 20, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #3,113 of 3,525
wondering though, any player other than Poweramp (used it & not interested) with EQ support worth using?
I think someone mentioned USB Player Pro but what's the point if I'm never going to use a USB DAC with it?

Thanks! Actually the one I ordered two days ago was not confirmed (out of stock) and I got another one confirmed today, and slightly better deal for 425 EUR. It arrives tomorrow.

About the players:
I tried all that you mentioned with my Nexus 4, and I finally bought Poweramp and now using 3 alpha 703 and I liked it, except for visualizations, because I don't care for them and I wish I could disable them and not show in any menus.
I cannot use Onkyo HF because it doesn't have folder support, and I need that.
I had installed UAPP trial and I liked it. It is simple and effective, and I found the sound slightly more crispier and better separated than Poweramp. So I suggest you try it. Even without an external DAC it works very good.
foobar2000 is ugly and under-developed for the time being so I don't suggest it.

Oct 20, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #3,114 of 3,525
******... ordered second time, received feedback from the seller: 'Sorry, only one item in stock, damaged, cannot deliver...'
So I took this as a "sign" and ordered a Nexus 6P which is on the way. So no hi-fi phone for me this time, maybe a V20 next year.
Good luck with your V10s! :)

Oct 20, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #3,116 of 3,525

USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) is best for me because it supports Tidal streaming, it also supports Qobuz although I don't use it. In the settings you can select Android playback so it doesn't matter if you don't use a USB dac. You can then set the sampling rate to variable and also check bit-perfect which should pump your tunes untouched to the ESS dac on the V10. I can hear a noticeable difference between the Tidal app and using UAPP for Tidal. Tidal streams at 16/44.1khz but the V10's native sample rate is 48khz so there's some re-sampling going on but when playing in UAPP it tells you the sample rate of the file and the sample rate on Android and matches it up.

The UI is fairly rudimentary but it does have EQ and for a price you can also buy the parametric EQ add-on.

Other apps may do this too but none that I know of have Tidal integration.

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:53 PM Post #3,117 of 3,525
  USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) is best for me because it supports Tidal streaming, it also supports Qobuz although I don't use it. In the settings you can select Android playback so it doesn't matter if you don't use a USB dac. You can then set the sampling rate to variable and also check bit-perfect which should pump your tunes untouched to the ESS dac on the V10. I can hear a noticeable difference between the Tidal app and using UAPP for Tidal. Tidal streams at 16/44.1khz but the V10's native sample rate is 48khz so there's some re-sampling going on but when playing in UAPP it tells you the sample rate of the file and the sample rate on Android and matches it up.

The UI is fairly rudimentary but it does have EQ and for a price you can also buy the parametric EQ add-on.

Other apps may do this too but none that I know of have Tidal integration.

Hmm, i'll give it a shot then, if there's a trial version.
Sucks the para EQ is extra $ but i suppose if it's good enough i'll pay cause i love para EQ's.
I never stream but a functional para EQ should be good enough to make me happy....

Thanks

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:01 PM Post #3,118 of 3,525
Hmm, i'll give it a shot then, if there's a trial version.
Sucks the para EQ is extra $ but i suppose if it's good enough i'll pay cause i love para EQ's.
I never stream but a functional para EQ should be good enough to make me happy....

Thanks
There is a trial version of the app but I think the paraEQ requires you buy the app and then pay for the EQ. The sample rate switching function does work on your local stored flacs too. I tested with a 88.2khz flac and it said it was playing it bit-perfect (or at least bit-matched) which surprised me.

Oct 20, 2016 at 6:56 PM Post #3,120 of 3,525
UAPP has been pulled from the play store because it's page also linked a trial apk which apparently is against Google's terms. The dev says he's hoping to have the issue resolved in a few days.

I know Google is making more efforts to keep the Play Store safe but they should be grateful to Extreamsd. If not for UAPP many audiophiles might have given up on Android long before Google finally added native usb audio support with 5.0 Lollipop.

Only thing I dislike about UAPP (and Poweramp) is that even after buying both I still have to leave wifi on at times when using them to re-verify my purchase. I know it's for battling piracy but it's frustrating not being able to use the apps occasionally until I turn on wifi or data.

Also, I still think Poweramp Alpha has the best sound quality of all android music players. Recently got a new Android dap and installed PA, UAPP, Neutron, HibyMusic, and Foobar. Played the same track simultaneously (pausing between app window swaps) in all of them for comparison and the others sound very good but they just can't compete with the Alpha's processing.

The Alpha's UI is a bit overwhelming but nothing compared to Neutron's complexity. Some people won't like the interface (like too many steps to access the EQ) but PA sounds best when properly tweaked. Couldn't get the hi-res option to show on my new player as it does on my V10 so the LG's extra hardware has another advantage.

Highly recommend anyone using Poweramp to try the much better Alpha version instead of downloading the old 2014 version from the Play Store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back