LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 20, 2016 at 8:19 PM Post #3,121 of 3,525
UAPP has been pulled from the play store because it's page also linked a trial apk which apparently is against Google's terms. The dev says he's hoping to have the issue resolved in a few days.

This is terrible news, UAPP has done great things for Android, and the music quality on running external DACs

One of the best music apps on my v10.

I suspect there's more to it than this, because there has always been a trial available.

Oct 21, 2016 at 2:55 AM Post #3,122 of 3,525
I know Google is making more efforts to keep the Play Store safe but they should be grateful to Extreamsd. If not for UAPP many audiophiles might have given up on Android long before Google finally added native usb audio support with 5.0 Lollipop.

Audiophiles users are just a grain of salt in the oceans, I don't think Google would ever consider audiophiles as a priority for Android, so does Apple.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #3,126 of 3,525
Weird, i have found the first headphone i know to show no difference in sound whatsoever whether ESS dac is on or not... Ting by musicmaker. Super bizarre!

I've actually found a few IEMs that sound worse with high gain mode on. For example, on my UE900s, if I turn on high gain, there is a horrible background static on apps such as UAPP and onkyo music player. Surprisingly the static is not there when using Poweramp Alpha.

Oct 24, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #3,127 of 3,525
Has anyone had problems using inexpensive earbuds with the V10? I have problems with:
Philips SHE3800 Earbud
Soundsoul S-018 IEM
KZ - some but not all.

-No problems using with Clip, Clip+, various desktop workstations.

When inserted and rotated there is static. When moved slightly it triggers Android commands - so bad connection.
No problems at all with my better quality full size cans, Monk+, Vsonic GR07 (recently sold), Sennheiser MX 680 earbud, etc.
All the earphones that have bad connection have one thing in common - low price.

One of my pairs of Monk+ also had static. I wiped down the jack and no problem now.

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:02 PM Post #3,128 of 3,525
  Has anyone had problems using inexpensive earbuds with the V10? I have problems with:
Philips SHE3800 Earbud
Soundsoul S-018 IEM
KZ - some but not all.

When inserted and rotated there is static. When moved slightly it triggers Android commands - so bad connection.
No problems at all with my better quality full size cans, Monk+, Vsonic GR07 (recently sold), Sennheiser MX 680 earbud, etc.
All the earphones that have bad connection have one thing in common - low price.

One of my pairs of Monk+ also had static. I wiped down the jack and no problem now.

no issues here with anything. Have you tried an extension cable with the problematic ones?

Oct 24, 2016 at 12:08 PM Post #3,129 of 3,525

Philips SHE3800 Earbud
Soundsoul S-018 IEM
KZ - some but not all.

no issues here with anything. Have you tried an extension cable with the problematic ones?

Yes - a y splitter cable. It's the only way that I can use the SHE3800 with the V10. I haven't tried the others. 

Oct 24, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #3,130 of 3,525
I've actually found a few IEMs that sound worse with high gain mode on. For example, on my UE900s, if I turn on high gain, there is a horrible background static on apps such as UAPP and onkyo music player. Surprisingly the static is not there when using Poweramp Alpha.

Imo, PA does a much better job of processing audio compared to other apps. At most all volume and gain levels, it has less clipping and distortion without coloring the sound.

Oct 24, 2016 at 10:37 PM Post #3,131 of 3,525
Still enjoy my V10 with my bass modded Q701 everytime I plug them in.

Nov 21, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3,135 of 3,525
I've been on lollipop for a while now but held back upgrading to marshmallow because of the lack of decent modded roms but have settled on one so will be doing it this week. Can't wait to no longer need the dac fix app as my main player is UAPP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back