Linsoul asked me to commit a crime.
Nov 26, 2023 at 6:52 AM Post #16 of 27
Fair enough, they still don't inspire confidence tho, specially after I read some horror stories here of returns that took forever and they still got the wrong item in the end.
They're well within their right to take steps to ensure I'm not a scammer and so am I for not willing to jumpy through so many hoops with the risk of Linsoul moving the goal posts at their discretion. Thank god I did this through PayPal and Amex.
No, they dont inspire confidence at all, which is a shame, as I think they have a nice selection and good prices. But I guess those prices comes at a cost 🤷
Anyway, best of luck to you, getting the money back 🤞

Nov 26, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #17 of 27
I've been lurking here for ages and this is far from the first post here moaning about Linsoul's return policies. I'd just like to know if anyone else had to go through a 10 step return process and wait ages to rectify a mistake that wasn't theirs to begin with. Did you? Didn't you? If personal remarks are all you got it's safe to assume you're not too far behind me in the lack of things to do department but who's counting?
What do you expect from Chinese sellers? Hifigo, Linsoul and random Alibaba sellers are all the same. Only helpful services I received were from Penon and Shenzhenaudio.

Nov 28, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #19 of 27
Update:

Only after I escalated the issue to PayPal they answered me offering to cover the return shipping costs.

The catch? I'd have to drop the dispute on PayPal, lose buyer protection and trust their word.
Sally, dear, I can't even trust you to send the right product lol.

Sally (Linsoul Audio)

Nov 28, 2023, 17:45 GMT+8

Hi there,

This is Linsoul Audio.Sorry to bother you.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. To make amends, we would like to arrange a DHL shipping label for you, and we will cover the associated costs as a gesture of our apology. Could you please confirm whether you find this proposal acceptable?We would greatly appreciate it if you could close the dispute.

Your understanding is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to resolving this matter to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,
Linsoul Audio
Customer Service Team

Nov 29, 2023 at 11:37 AM Post #20 of 27
What do you expect from Chinese sellers? Hifigo, Linsoul and random Alibaba sellers are all the same. Only helpful services I received were from Penon and Shenzhenaudio.

I've found Aiyima to be decent when I needed help, and Aoshida even more so. I both cases though my purchase was through Amazon so to some extent I think they were compelled to play ball.

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #21 of 27
Of course, it's attached to the price of the product or did you think Linsoul paid those taxes for me out of the goodness of their hearts? Lol.
Actually, if you look at the same products listed on Linsoul and Shenzhenaudio for instance, most of them have the same price (RRP), but when you order from the latter, you get to pay your import duties on top of the price paid, while Linsoul gets you the item in a "tax paid" manner (if you choose to).

Also, remember to escalate the issue when the France customs charges you import duties twice - for the original item and for the replacement one. And good luck doing the paperwork required to register the item as "return" and get your paid duties back! Wait, you've ordered from Linsoul, so these "crooks" take care of this for you :D

Nov 30, 2023 at 2:25 PM Post #22 of 27
Bottomline: don't expect to buy cheap and get premium customer service. And always use PayPal :joy:

Btw, buyer pays shipping and gets reimbursed is a common practice. Have had the same experience with Viva tubes. No reason to not trust. That DHL label may cost them $60 while you can post it for something like $6. Just business :)

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2024 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 27
I've been lurking here for ages and this is far from the first post here moaning about Linsoul's return policies. I'd just like to know if anyone else had to go through a 10 step return process and wait ages to rectify a mistake that wasn't theirs to begin with. Did you? Didn't you? If personal remarks are all you got it's safe to assume you're not too far behind me in the lack of things to do department but who's counting?
Very nicely handled riposte, sir!

Jan 20, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #27 of 27
I bought a Simgot Fermat on November 16, the box arrived yesterday and there was a Moondrop Moonriver 2Ti instead of what I paid for.
Of course, knowing all the hoops that Linsoul puts in place to get away with your money, I made the unboxing video they ask for in their policy, sent them all the proof required and got an email saying that I had five days to return the product at my own expense with no real assurances that I would be reimbursed besides "trust me bro" and then wait an unspecified amount of time for their quality control to inspect the product (which is still factory sealed, mind you).
Again with no time estimates about it, basically a BS way to wait out the customer protection time window of my payment method.
So far, part for the course of ChiFi, but my jaw truly dropped when the email also stated:

"8) Please also help to declare the value at $30 to help to process the customs clearance."

Which is a crime in every jurisdiction I know.

Of course I escalated the issue to PayPal and if that doesn't pan out, I'll simply call my bank and say I was scammed, which is precisely what happened, I'm also letting Chinese authorities know about their charming little tax evasion practices.

I've had issues with online businesses before but asking me to defraud customs is a solid first.
Funny because they change their tune completely when selling through Amazon but whatever.

Did anyone here had a similar experience? If yes, was it solved to your satisfaction?
Solid first? It happens to me all the time. I always say NO, but it pains me that customers feel compelled to ask.

The problem is these governments (not singling out one or the other) have no idea of the effect of those customs charges and VATs. They only think it increases the money going to the government(s). The reverse is actually true. Right now, VATs and customs charges in many European countries have simply stopped certain businesses altogether ... and it's getting worse, because shipping costs and services are now degrading at the same time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back