Liquid Links Cable Discussion Thread
Mar 6, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #166 of 191
I can't find any impressions posted about Evua II - does anyone here have it and care to chime in? It looks similar in composition to EA Eros S (I've got 2 of them) but aesthetically it looks much nicer. Would love to get some feedback on this one....

Mar 7, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #167 of 191
I can't find any impressions posted about Evua II - does anyone here have it and care to chime in? It looks similar in composition to EA Eros S (I've got 2 of them) but aesthetically it looks much nicer. Would love to get some feedback on this one....
Looks like I'll be answering my own post. Just picked one up: it should be here early next week. Stand by. Impressions shortly.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2024 at 4:37 PM Post #169 of 191
So with Evua II on the way in 2 pin I'm now intrigued by Westlake in MMCX for my Xelentos but I'm not entirely sure.. Can anyone here weigh in on the Westlake with some impressions?

Mar 9, 2024 at 11:30 PM Post #170 of 191
Cou
So with Evua II on the way in 2 pin I'm now intrigued by Westlake in MMCX for my Xelentos but I'm not entirely sure.. Can anyone here weigh in on the Westlake with some impressions?
Couldn't resit, Westlake on the way now too....
Still debating with myself over Venom. With Code 23, 24 and 24C in my possession, do I really need another stiff cable? Anyone?

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2024 at 3:15 AM Post #171 of 191
Hello, may I ask how the Effect Audio Eros S is, especially in terms of comfort when wearing it? I have Liquid Links Westlake, but wearing them feels terrible, the cable is heavy and it feels like it's tearing my ears. Now I am considering ordering Eros S.

Mar 19, 2024 at 2:20 PM Post #172 of 191
Cou

Couldn't resit, Westlake on the way now too....
Still debating with myself over Venom. With Code 23, 24 and 24C in my possession, do I really need another stiff cable? Anyone?
Venom is incredible! I think it's one of the best looking and sounding cables. I own the Martini and Evua II, but the Evua II is MMCX so I can't really compare it to my other 2 pin cables.

Mar 19, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #173 of 191
Hello, may I ask how the Effect Audio Eros S is, especially in terms of comfort when wearing it? I have Liquid Links Westlake, but wearing them feels terrible, the cable is heavy and it feels like it's tearing my ears. Now I am considering ordering Eros S.
My Westlake is still in transit so I can't yet relate to the heavy feeling you have with it, but I can say, at least for me, Eros S is a very comfortable cable even with that large looking splitter. It's fairly light. BUT I did find that the the regular Eros S (4W) got kind of tangly. The 2 wires running to the left and right got kind of stiff. I sold it and upgraded to the 8W and it is much more comfortable, pliable and flexible. It's a great sounding, looking and feeling cable.

Venom is incredible! I think it's one of the best looking and sounding cables. I own the Martini and Evua II, but the Evua II is MMCX so I can't really compare it to my other 2 pin cables.
I think I'll have to do it. My Evua II is 2 Pin the Westake that's on the way is MMCX so I'll be using it on either the Xelento or Bonneville. I'm hoping it finally arrives this week. I've more than blown my budget this month - Venom will be an April Acquistion.

Mar 20, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #174 of 191
If I didn't know the Westlake as a silver cable I would swear it was an extremely good copper cable. I find it improves bass performance giving more body and depth. Stops or reduces treble sibilance. Has good detail and sound stage. Yesterday I received the Fir audio E12 tour unit. Initial listen I hated them weak bass and way too hot upper mids and lower treble. Tip rolled and got somewhat better. Changed cable to DHC clone fusion, more improvement but still too hot. Changed to Westlake and know I'm listening to a very enjoyable iem. Solid full-bodied bass and no sibilance. :beerchug:

Mar 20, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #175 of 191
My Westlake is still in transit so I can't yet relate to the heavy feeling you have with it, but I can say, at least for me, Eros S is a very comfortable cable even with that large looking splitter. It's fairly light. BUT I did find that the the regular Eros S (4W) got kind of tangly. The 2 wires running to the left and right got kind of stiff. I sold it and upgraded to the 8W and it is much more comfortable, pliable and flexible. It's a great sounding, looking and feeling cable.

I think I'll have to do it. My Evua II is 2 Pin the Westake that's on the way is MMCX so I'll be using it on either the Xelento or Bonneville. I'm hoping it finally arrives this week. I've more than blown my budget this month - Venom will be an April Acquistion.
I like Westlake's sound. Its bass is not like classic silver cable. But I don't like its weight. Both splitter and skin are too heavy. I can't endure wearing it when I'm going outside for a long time.

Mar 20, 2024 at 1:56 PM Post #176 of 191
My Westlake just arrived a couple of hours ago and I've got to say I love this cable. I ordered it specifically for the Xelento but I've been running it for the last hour on the CA Bonneville and I think that's where it's staying. It looks great, feels great and sounds great. Incredible transparency, detail retrieval and brings a little more texture and weight to the bass. I didnt have any sibilance with either of my MMCX IEMs so I cant say it reduced sibilance, I can say that my only complaint with the Bonnevilles was that with the stock cable, treble say a little recessed. Westlake has brought the upper registers forward a bit and created some space around the cymbals. I'd have to agree with @Stu Paddasso it "sounds" more like the the best high purity copper, which is how I'd also describe the EA Cleo II. The Cleo II has a touch more transparency but at a quarter the price of the Cleo - this Westlake and an outstanding value and and I'm going back for another one in 2 Pin this time around.

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:42 AM Post #177 of 191
Just received the Liquid Links Venom bought here on the classifieds, it's truly remarkable! Don't know how some people swear that cables don't do a difference.. I respect everybody's opinion, but it's so obvious to me that it's difficult to understand..

First iem and only until now that i have tried was the 64 Audio Tia Trio (that was before with Ares 8W) . For context i love the Trio but the treble get's me some times I'm a little treble sensitive..

So the changes for me was like night and day. The Bass is now more deep and with more rumble also more tight and define, at first seemed the the Venom was darker than the Ares 8W but quickly realized that that was not the case.. what i was hearing was a blacker background with distinct layers frequencies. At first seems closed in and than when asked for it opens immensely.. not expecting this!!

I was afraid of the treble has everybody says that the Venom has a good sparkle, but what i have find was that it is also controlled and refined on the top end.. very different from the Ares 8w that seems sharp and uncontrolled.

I'm a bass lover and the Venom did not disappoint, beside my Lavricables Grand the Venom is top notch in this department it truly transformed my Tia Trio!!

Mar 23, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #178 of 191
Just received the Liquid Links Venom bought here on the classifieds, it's truly remarkable! Don't know how some people swear that cables don't do a difference.. I respect everybody's opinion, but it's so obvious to me that it's difficult to understand..
I completely agree, the Venom made me a believer too. I was hoping to sell the Venom for some extra cash, but the change in sound between cables was so noticeable I couldn't get rid of it.

Mar 23, 2024 at 7:16 PM Post #179 of 191
I completely agree, the Venom made me a believer too. I was hoping to sell the Venom for some extra cash, but the change in sound between cables was so noticeable I couldn't get rid of it.
I'm a fan now! Was thinking on selling the Tia Trio but it's glued to the Venom :sweat_smile:, have to think again...

Mar 30, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #180 of 191
How's the flexibility of Venom? I have an Effect Audio Code23 that I just can't use in bed comfortably due to being so stiff. I'm looking for something that'll be a nice upgrade to my Cadmus 4W and Eros S. I like the Eros S but it has a bit too much cable memory and doesn't lay as flat as I'd like.

So now I'm narrowing down between Liquid Links and Eletech.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back