lisse Q10 hot in my hands from Korea via eBay...
Mar 7, 2010 at 12:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

AnAnalogSpirit

500+ Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi'ers...

I just wanted to make a post for those of you who are as yet unaware of one of the "other" Korean DAP/PMP manufacturers out there.

lisse.

main.jpg

I liked the LOOKS, and believe me it was ALL FASHION, as in BLACK SUN GLASSES, CHROME FINISH, MINI SKIRT, et.al. when i met the looks of the Q10 on the web.

Then I looked a bit deeper. Pleasantly, I see the Wolfson WM8987 DAC onboard this GORGEOUS little work of art.

microsoft.jpg

A little bit about it:

Design by "Dadam"

its a: "Retro" player with a "Digilog" wheel at the bottom right... yet it is quite modern. Aside from the Wolfson (very nice DAC, that WM8987, i've listened to it in the RAmos T11TE btw) it has G-Sensor and Haptic Feedback.

OK well the UI? Hows that gonna be? Could be dicey right? Not so shabby! its got a late nineties, late 2000's look reminiscent of the classic D2, yet with a fully (non-looped picture) reactive as opposed to simple animated graphic EQ bar visualizer by default. Thats actually nicely exciting.

It's got A-B, A repeat, Loop, << seek, Pause, seek >>, volume, <> option, and Back arrows in a bar along the bottom of the music ui screen.

Above that is the seek strip... fully functional and draggable!

Then the EQ Visualizer Graphic...

Then above all that is the track, format, etc,

At the very top is the MUSIC UI screen label and on the right hand corner is the clock and battery bar.

This has a VERY good responsive resistive touchscreen, 3" on the diagonal. In a 16:9 format. Very much COWON D2 sized. The whole thing is like a dream come true for me. its much like a "D3 concept knock off" LOL except it is REAL HARDWARE, FIRMWARE, AND it is purchaseable TODAY. haha.

Oh, and it sounds real good to boot!

Here's the EQ firmware lineup:

Normal
MSEQ (3D, Bass, LEQ)
Rock
Pop
Classic
Bass
Jazz
User EQ (configurable by YOU!)

im a EQmeistero.. but I actually prefer this DAC on Normal... its so smooth, analytical, and rangey... it sounds muffled EQ'ed.

There's a host of formats available for it:
MP3, WMA, WAV, APE, FLAC, RA, AAC for audio which is all I care about... but it does do video too so here is that stuff:

Video: AVI(XVID/DIVX), WMV, MPG

oh and FM Radio in USA or other regions too...

Voice Recorder

USB 2.0 high speed
blah blah

there you go!!!

ENJOY

Here is the product page:

lisse Q10 microsite

Here are some REAL LIVE images from my cameraphone:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thats All Folks!

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #4 of 66
hello anadin!

well, I'd venture a guess that lisse did something better than RAmos, cuz with the same exact DAC, the WM8987, the Q10 comes out on top somehow. Possibly more care spent on the firmware...

As, the T11TE, at least when i bought it, and to my knowledge, as yet, doesnt have proper firmware EQ setup for the DAC... its just RAW I/O

The lisse Q10 seems to be more detailed, and a bit smoother. I'm using Normal (for a change) for my EQ as i mentioned the muffled sound from the tweaked EQ's..

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:10 PM Post #5 of 66
I was going to purchase a RAmos T11TE from a vendor here in the UK but that lisse Q10 is a seriously good looking PMP.

My only problem is trying to source one here in the UK as we get hammered for Customs and VAT charges if we import anything from outside of the UK or EU.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #6 of 66
anadin,

as a T11TE owner, i feel ripped off by RAmos, despite the excelent format support, at all levels, and pristine audio quality, if you want to use the device for audio... get the lisse Q10 or perhaps the other one the H10 or U10... the functionality on the T11TE is poop, and the lisse is just as awesome as a COWON. not a lie.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:26 PM Post #8 of 66
very nice FlacV. be interesting to see which player over say, the span of a month you most often grab. that is one of the nicest looking players. hopefully it will have a better play back time than that sad s9 you got with the bad battery.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #9 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anadin,

as a T11TE owner, i feel ripped off by RAmos, despite the excelent format support, at all levels, and pristine audio quality, if you want to use the device for audio... get the lisse Q10 or perhaps the other one the H10 or U10... the functionality on the T11TE is poop, and the lisse is just as awesome as a COWON. not a lie.

I can get a RAmos T11TE from a UK vendor on Ebay what do you think on the price, is it comparable to what you paid.

Ramos T11TE 5' touch screen 16GB FU HD Media player,UK on eBay (end time 17-Mar-10 21:24:34 GMT)

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM Post #10 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evoke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks stylish but how does the SQ compares to other players like sansa and cowon.

I would initially place this player dead between my s:flo2 which is in slot #1 at the top for SQ, then the lisse Q10 (on normal EQ) in slot #2, wedging itself between the s:flo2 (EQ'ed or Normal EQ) and the now thirdly slotted SQwise #3 sansa fuze (rockboxed and madly tweaked of course)

Thats my pre critical evaluation, its obvious from using the same flacs on the same card with the same headphones results...

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:33 PM Post #11 of 66
Mar 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #12 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by ri_toast /img/forum/go_quote.gif
very nice FlacV. be interesting to see which player over say, the span of a month you most often grab. that is one of the nicest looking players. hopefully it will have a better play back time than that sad s9 you got with the bad battery.

Hi ri_toast...

Its going to be a war between the fuze... and the lisse Q10 for sure. we'll see how easily i adapt to the Q10...

I'm already an old hand at the fuze and ENJOY rockbox on it! however the lisse Q10 offers sweeter, smoother, more detailed/analytical sound closer in character to the s:flo2 with a drastically more convenient usable interface and its cute as a button. Reminds me tons of my classic D2... which i have always missed.

and it plays back for 20 hours of audio if this one has a factory spec battery! the other WM8987 DAC equipped device i own, the RAmos T11TE, plays that timeframe too.... so it may actually live UP to the spec!!!

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #13 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by FLACvest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would initially place this player dead between my s:flo2 which is in slot #1 at the top for SQ, then the lisse Q10 (on normal EQ) in slot #2, wedging itself between the s:flo2 (EQ'ed or Normal EQ) and the now thirdly slotted SQwise #3 sansa fuze (rockboxed and madly tweaked of course)

Thats my pre critical evaluation, its obvious from using the same flacs on the same card with the same headphones results...

Great to hear that. I looked up on ebay and it costs about 160USD excluding shipping for the 8GB model.

Heres a video that I found on youtube:
Navigation looks smooth from what I have seen.
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

BTW: Is the screen AMOLED?

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:06 PM Post #14 of 66
Thanks for adding the pics, FLACvest. What caps does the Q10 come in? Having that card slot makes it really not too terribly important, but still, it matters a little.

Mar 7, 2010 at 2:15 PM Post #15 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by MartyLK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for adding the pics, FLACvest. What caps does the Q10 come in? Having that card slot makes it really not too terribly important, but still, it matters a little.

The built in capacities are listed on box as 4GB, 8GB, and 16GB (now i feel robbed. i would have LOVED a 16GB model. fooey!! LOLzie!! haha :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back