Look! MOONDROP's First HiFi Smartphone, MIAD01
Apr 27, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #106 of 181
1714228593983.png

:thinking:

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:09 AM Post #107 of 181
If Apple release a big size iphone with 3.5 phone out near future, I am sure to make a jump from Android (samsung).
I keep away from Apple because it close OS.
Hope this Moondrop phones can complete to an ip6
About ip6 audio...
I do not need switch box (seen below, with all internal circutri cut, just keep the toggle to not reduction sonic quality) to found ip6 sounds good.
It can use as line out as a good dap.
I do not use any Apple products but bought this ip6 for my daughter 7years ago.
Just use a Bluetooth headphone at the time of buying, I know it sound much better than all samsung's I've used.
By comparision directly to some daps, I recognise iphone6 out put a clean, clarity sound with high level of sharpness.
It doesnt retouch or polishing the sound by adding echo, reverb, filters to make something like "holographic", 3D like.... sometimes make bass loose beating compare to ip6.

IMO the most importance is the impedance matching and driving power, not white paper measurement result.
And ip6 does not win the dap by this terms. When use for feeding an power amp, that will be a king.

20240427_095857.jpg
Which DAP/phone is this on the right please? Thanks

Apr 27, 2024 at 11:49 AM Post #108 of 181
Which DAP/phone is this on the right please? Thanks
A&Ultima SP1000 brand of A&K
When I jump to it, I even do not know how it sounds compare to my prev dap AK120ii.
Time after time I found the difference: both end extended and holographic of newer one.
But, I don’t mean SP1000 sound better/worse to my ear. It just a difference sonical characteristic.
I mostly could not find what is difference of ip6 and ak120ii (not include the output power and output impedance, or in other words, compare only when use as lin in for an amp)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2024 at 12:24 PM Post #109 of 181
Shure 1500 internal dac, ak120ii dap, ip6, moondrop 01 are all use chip dac from CS. Do they share the same 2d, flat frequency, clean and sharp? Or atleast CS house sound...
Wish an android phone with circuit of Ru6,( an excellent dongle R2R ladder) cost $600-1000.

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:39 PM Post #112 of 181
It's definitely a niche product for the hifi community but at least it seems cool enough and it will be interesting to see how it sounds when you debloat all the junkware from the Android OS and use Neutron player app.

Still woulda been better if you could Hypercharge the battery like I can on my One Note 10T.
An aside: I really miss my One Note...

Apr 28, 2024 at 6:39 AM Post #115 of 181
Dump the schoolgirl iconography FGS and up the voltage to 9V or something for planar cans...

Apr 28, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #117 of 181
I've uploaded the Part I of my Moondrop MIAD01 review, available for viewing in the video below. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll respond here.

Could you test to connect a USB dongle DAC/Amp to the MIAD01 and try playing music with a sampling rate of 48kHz, 96kHz, and 192kHz (using Apple Music if possible)?
How does the USB dongle show each sampling rates? If all of them are shown as 48kHz, it means the USB output of the MIAD01 is via Android SRC.

And I'd like to know the AnTuTu benchmark score.

I'm also looking forward to your review part II.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #119 of 181
Interesting use case (for me):
Forget about SIM card, disable cellular functionality, and use it as a Roon controller (instead of a tablet).
Bonus functionality: stick a 1TB microSD card, and use as a DAP (running UAPP).
Maybe for my next international vacation, I can use it as a dedicated "international phone" with a local SIM card, and also serve as mobile hotspot to my "real" phone and laptop?

The more I am thinking about it, makes it clear that for $399 - it is a no-brainer (for me)!

Apr 28, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #120 of 181
It's a little sad that there is no official response to all the open questions here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back