Looking for a DAC with multiple XLR out
Jan 5, 2020 at 2:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

pichu

500+ Head-Fier
Hey all, i want to connect my Liquid Plat and my active powered ADAM speakers to the same DAC. I currently am using the Mytek Brooklyn. I would really like a DAC with multiple XLR out and the ability to cotrol the volume of my speakers through. Preferably a passive design on the volume control but its not that big of a deal. Does anything like this exist on the market? if not, what are my alternatives?

Jan 5, 2020 at 3:06 PM Post #2 of 6
Search for an XLR Audio Switch box.

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 6
Hey all, i want to connect my Liquid Plat and my active powered ADAM speakers to the same DAC. I currently am using the Mytek Brooklyn. I would really like a DAC with multiple XLR out and the ability to cotrol the volume of my speakers through. Preferably a passive design on the volume control but its not that big of a deal. Does anything like this exist on the market? if not, what are my alternatives?

Your main problem is the amp. Preamp outputs are usually on the amplifiers or a single box DAC-HPamp, not the DACs, since the preamp is already there to control the output for the headphones. It's just a matter of making it possible for the signal to come out of the gain stage and out the amp than getting sent through the amp's output stage. DACs without headphone amps in them but having preamp outputs to control those speakers are rare, much less one with XLR and multiple XLR out. Easiest bet: get an audio interface so you can send a signal to the Adam monitors, but then you'll be sending a higher voltage variable output signal to the Liquid Platinum.

Best way to integrate all that? Get an AudioGD NFB-28. Unless you can find one of the older balanced DACs from AudioGD that has a preamp output.

Jan 9, 2020 at 9:21 PM Post #4 of 6
idk but I want to say your Liquid Plat match the volume for both inputs whether it's single ended RCA or balanced XLR, so here is that.
You can also try the Schiit Freya preamps, they can have up to 3 modes, passive, active and tubes, but idk if you're okay going through 2 volume knobs.

Jan 10, 2020 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 6
@pichu,

I suggest the Drawmer MC 2.1 for your needs, I use this myself to connect multiple speaker monitors with one output free for other balanced gear from my audio interface.

Feel free to ask more when necessary.

Hope you have a great day !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back