looking for advice for sleeping iem in the $100 range
Aug 14, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #17 of 32
UE700s are quite nice, if you can get them under $100.

Aug 14, 2011 at 7:46 AM Post #19 of 32
um1 and pl50 are both top notch in terms of comfort. If its for a sleeping rig then maybe cheaper the better? plus it doesnt have a lot of bass nor treble...

Very smooth mids that makes them perfect for a sleep iem. I fall asleep with them and they havent break yet lol

Aug 14, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #20 of 32
Thanks for all yours answers.

I already ordered a Meelec a151 for ~$30 on some flash sales. If they are not comfy enough to sleep in, i'll ordered a pair of PL50 and use the Meelec for everyday use.

As already said thanks you all
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 14, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #21 of 32
You're in Australia right? The logitechshop has sales quite often, and they usually have UE700s for less than $100 (maybe not at the moment). Alternatively, you can go to FluidTek.

Quote:
Where and how?

Aug 14, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #22 of 32

Quote:
You're in Australia right? The logitechshop has sales quite often, and they usually have UE700s for less than $100 (maybe not at the moment). Alternatively, you can go to FluidTek.

For real?

Are you talking about online? Can you link me? I really want a cheap UE700!

Aug 15, 2011 at 8:24 AM Post #23 of 32
logitechshop.com.au doesn't have them in stock at the moment. As for FluidTek, thats a store in Sydney, which owns logitechshop.com.au (or vice versa. I can't exactly member). You'll have to check every now and then.

Quote:

For real?

Are you talking about online? Can you link me? I really want a cheap UE700!

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:21 AM Post #24 of 32

Quote:
logitechshop.com.au doesn't have them in stock at the moment. As for FluidTek, thats a store in Sydney, which owns logitechshop.com.au (or vice versa. I can't exactly member). You'll have to check every now and then.

Thanks that's a good price because the TWFK driver alone (the driver used in the UE700) costs around $70 not including shipping.

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #25 of 32
off topic, I can confirm that logitechshop thing is for real, though the owner of the store is a colourful bloke, usually called Fast Eddie on the whirlpool forums.

As for sleeping IEM's I can't vouch for the RE-0's as they feel like a small rock in your ear when you turn on your side. Actually, recently I was shocked to discover that the Apple earbuds, with their lack of edges and flat profile, feel extremely comfortable to wear while sleeping, almost as if they were designed around it. What a weird world. I'm guessing based on that that in fact many ear bud rather than IEM designs will feel better when sleeping because different angles of pressure on an earbud won't make them dig into your ear canal.

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #28 of 32
Whirlpool forums FTW
biggrin.gif

Quote:
off topic, I can confirm that logitechshop thing is for real, though the owner of the store is a colourful bloke, usually called Fast Eddie on the whirlpool forums.

As for sleeping IEM's I can't vouch for the RE-0's as they feel like a small rock in your ear when you turn on your side. Actually, recently I was shocked to discover that the Apple earbuds, with their lack of edges and flat profile, feel extremely comfortable to wear while sleeping, almost as if they were designed around it. What a weird world. I'm guessing based on that that in fact many ear bud rather than IEM designs will feel better when sleeping because different angles of pressure on an earbud won't make them dig into your ear canal.

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #29 of 32
I'll PM you if I see it around at that price again.

Quote:
Thanks that's a good price because the TWFK driver alone (the driver used in the UE700) costs around $70 not including shipping.

Aug 15, 2011 at 9:42 PM Post #30 of 32

Quote:
I'll PM you if I see it around at that price again.

My friend actually got a pair last week. It always comes and goes, along with $109 dollar S715i iPod docks (that is lower than the Amazon goldbox price!) or UE200s in plastic bags. I have no idea how he does it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back