Looking for competitive FPS IEMs
Apr 13, 2024 at 2:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kaudio356

New Head-Fier
Hi! Looking for a good IEM which I could use for competitive FPS gaming. I've recently tried in ears and found that I hear positional audio much better with them compared to over ear headphones. Looking for:

-Priority is accurate imaging (don't care too much about soundstage)
-Speed (fast and responsive)
-Budget around $250

Thanks in advance :)

Apr 13, 2024 at 8:48 PM Post #2 of 5
Most of the highly rated IEMs in the $150-$250 range all image about equally IMO. In that price range, the emphasis is mostly on frequency response rather than on technical prowess (imaging, staging, etc).

Speed is entirely dependent on your gear chain, not on your IEM. Lag/delay is most likely to happen in your DAC.

Thankfully, you have *many* good options in your price range. It's probably the most competitive part of the entire IEM market (and possibly of the entire audio industry).

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #3 of 5
Most of the highly rated IEMs in the $150-$250 range all image about equally IMO. In that price range, the emphasis is mostly on frequency response rather than on technical prowess (imaging, staging, etc).

Speed is entirely dependent on your gear chain, not on your IEM. Lag/delay is most likely to happen in your DAC.

Thankfully, you have *many* good options in your price range. It's probably the most competitive part of the entire IEM market (and possibly of the entire audio industry).
Thanks for the response. Would you have any recommendations for IEMs and DACs that I should look out for? Thanks.

Apr 13, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the response. Would you have any recommendations for IEMs and DACs that I should look out for? Thanks.
Everyone's going to have their favorites (like I said, it's a very competitive price bracket, so there's a ton of very good choices). Some of the more popular choices in that range are things like the Letshuoer S12, Kiwi Ears Quintet, Binary x Gizaudio Chopin, Aful Performer 5, and Truthear Nova. And if you don't mind sticking something waaay into your ear, you can check out the Etymotics. But, seriously, there are a ton of really good options at around $200. Throw a rock, and you'll hit a good IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back