Looking for suggestions for comperable headphones to v-moda
Nov 16, 2013 at 10:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

DigitalEternal

Head-Fier
Hi Guys,

Wanted to see if someone could suggest a comparable pair of headphones to v-moda crossfade's, a family member put it on their wish list and I'm their 'secret santa', really wanted to get them a good pair of headphones but the v-moda crossfade's are a bit out of my price range. Looking for something that I can get for under, $100 or at least on sale for under $100, which is comperable in sound and build quality (if such a thing exists anyways)

Thanks guys!

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #2 of 12
Crossfade LP's? They should be around $100, unless your family is really keen on getting the newer LP2 which sells for $200.

The Logitech UE6000's are on sale for under $100 as well. It's not as sturdy and is made of all glossy plastic, but sound-wise it's one of the best in its price range.

Nov 17, 2013 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 12
Thanks for the reply Viralcow, I'm from Canada and the lowest I can find the LP's for here is $160, after tax and shipping that's $200, amazon.com has them for $109 but they won't ship to Canada. As for logitch, honestly never been super fond of the brand and when people think good quality headphones I think Logitech is near the bottom of the list of brands that come to mind.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #4 of 12
  Thanks for the reply Viralcow, I'm from Canada and the lowest I can find the LP's for here is $160, after tax and shipping that's $200, amazon.com has them for $109 but they won't ship to Canada. As for logitch, honestly never been super fond of the brand and when people think good quality headphones I think Logitech is near the bottom of the list of brands that come to mind.

Not the UE6000's.  They're close to the top in their price range for audio quality.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #5 of 12

Logitech's UE team was responsible for its creation, and UE has a history of creating good audio devices.

Nov 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #6 of 12
Maybe, but the Logitech name just lacks that wow factor, it's a gift so I want them to open it and say "Wow, thats awesome!" not "Oh, logitch..do you have the gift receipt? You know... in case it doesn't work..."

Nov 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM Post #7 of 12
Would you rather them go "wow that is such a cool headphone, XXX brand is great" - but then later come out and say "you know what they sound lousy"

or

"oh boy, Logitech. Yeah thanks..." then "wow these headphones sound absolutely amazing"

wink.gif

Seriously though, anyone on this forum will tell you that the sound quality should come first, and the logitechs are an A+ value. What do sony MDR-1R's go for over there?

Nov 17, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #8 of 12
No but there's gotta be other nice headphones for under $100, logitech is just synonymous with cheap junk and no one gets excited about it, there's almost a placebo effect where if you perceive something as crappy it doesn't matter how good it is it will always see mcrappy to you.

~Dave

Nov 17, 2013 at 2:59 PM Post #9 of 12
  No but there's gotta be other nice headphones for under $100, logitech is just synonymous with cheap junk and no one gets excited about it, there's almost a placebo effect where if you perceive something as crappy it doesn't matter how good it is it will always see mcrappy to you.

~Dave

Strange, Logitech is usually synonymous with sturdy build quality and reliability.

Nov 17, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #10 of 12
Well... I can see how some people see Logitech as a shoddy brand, since most of their products are cheap electronics. But as everyone else has been saying here, the UE6000s retailed for $200 and even at that price they had glowing reviews for being the best in their price range.

So you live in Canada... the prices there are always 50% higher for some reason.

Assuming your secret santa guy wants something stylish and bass-heavy, try the AKG K618/619. You can get them for around $85-$90 on eBay.ca depending on the color. 

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 12
Hmm, even if I wanted to get the logitech headphones they are about $300 after shipping and taxes unless I buy from ebay and I dont typically like spending more then $20 on ebay because if it's broken or breaks then you're screwed.

Nov 17, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #12 of 12
Yeah, the moment you said you were from Canada I knew you couldn't get the Logitech's anyway.

IMO eBay is reliable as long as the seller is a reputable dealer. For instance, the K619's I was talking about is sold by sonic electronix- who has great ratings and from whom I've bought a couple times in the past. I wonder if they have the same price on their website http://www.sonicelectronix.com/ b/c a november sale is going on there right now and you could get them even cheaper.

Edit: Indeed they do. 30% off both the K618 and K619 with code Premium30. They ship to Canada but I'm not exactly sure how much it will cost. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back