Looking for suggestions
Apr 10, 2024 at 11:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

gracebass

New Head-Fier
I've been using the IE80 since 2014 and recently upgraded to the IE80S. Although I love its sound, especially with enhanced bass, I'm ready for something new. I prefer wired IEMs for daily use and have a budget of around $1000 AUD. I'm in Sydney, where I can test IEMs at Addicted to Audio and Minidisc. I'm considering models like the Noble Django, Dulce Bass, Sage, A&K Diana, AK Zero1, Sony M7, and Sennheiser IE600, but need a detachable cable. I'm also curious about Campfire Audio's range. Additionally, I have a Fiio BTR7 on pre-order and use a Fiio X7ii as my DAP or phone. Looking for suggestions, thanks!

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 5
The Sennheiser ie600 is worth it, but the ie200 has the same driver with less chambers for a lot less. Much better value. The ones I'd get again would be the Seeaudio Yume ii, 7hz Zero (original, the bass driver in the AE version is lame), Moondrop Kato, or Moondrop Blessing 3 which is the IE version of the Sennheiser HD600. Prices have really come down, even the 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 will blow you away that it costs just $24.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:22 PM Post #3 of 5
I don't know much about their current lineup, but DUNU had some of my favorite sounding universal IEMs in the sub-$1000 range. The DK-3001 Pro was the last one I heard, and reviewed it very highly.

Apr 10, 2024 at 4:17 PM Post #4 of 5
I haven't tried a lot of IEMs under 1000 aud. However, I do recommend checking out the Kiwi ear orchestra / orchestra lite, Moondrop variation / aria 2, and the Tangzu wan'er which is ridiculously cheap at only 35 aud. The one I got out of the bunch was the Moondrop variation which is around 850 aud and also the most expensive.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 5
You might like the Noble Audio Kaiser 10, or K10 for short. They have a reputation for clear sound and are comfortable to wear. They also have a detachable cable, which is handy, and are known for being durable.Another option could be the 64 Audio U12t. They're praised for their clear and balanced sound, and they're comfortable too. They come with a detachable cable, which could be a plus for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back