Luxury & Precision Announced The Newest P-Series Flagship P6Pro Ti99!!!
Oct 27, 2023 at 11:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

MusicTeck

Sponsor: MusicTeck

Two years after the P6PRO was launched, its "ultimate flagship" has finally appeared. Introducing the P6PRO Ti99, which combines the essence of L&P's high-end DAP technology. Only 99 units will be released worldwide, priced at $4799.

1698417485098.png

Why only 99 units?

As the first discrete R2R DAP — the ultimate version of the P6 series, the technical challenge of the Ti99 is how to "further improve" based on the PRO version. Note that the dynamics of the P6PRO are equal to having two P6s running in parallel. In the end, after a lot of precise selection and matching, only the ±0.01% ultra-precision resistors were selected. As a result, the overall dynamics of the Ti99 increased by 2dB compared to the PRO version. Due to the difficulty of selecting and matching resistors with such precision, only 99 units were produced.

1698417508149.png

Now, it's even more powerful and better suited for IEMs!

As the most powerful model in the P series, the Ti99 not only put a lot of effort into its 202 resistors but also made many changes and upgrades in the analog amplification circuits. For instance, the op-amp was upgraded to the same model as the LP6Ti 7th anniversary edition; the inclusion of the LP6 Platinum firmware "adds a touch of finesse" to the listening experience. The "limited-edition sound" returns once again.
12199301.png

Bring back the classic 7th-anniversary casing craftsmanship?

In terms of casing craftsmanship, the P6PRO Ti99, also limited to 99 units, uses the same techniques as the LP6Ti 7th anniversary edition. This includes a lightweight and sturdy grade-five titanium frame, a colorful titanium color printing process, a traditional Japanese Echizen lacquered rosewood back panel, and a leather case handcrafted from Italian veg-tanned waxed leather. It's useful, delicate, textured, and fun to play with.
1698419231886.png

The next-gen pocket-sized device for audiophiles?
While achieving better performance and sound tuning, the size of the P6PRO Ti99 remains the same as the original P6PRO, and its weight is still less than 300 grams. It offers powerful sound quality for on-the-go use.

P6Pro Ti99 is available to pre-order at MusicTeck!

Attachments

• 1698418683940.png
    1698418683940.png
    1 MB · Views: 0
MusicTeck Stay updated on MusicTeck at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MusicTeckStore https://www.musicteck.com/ info@musicteck.com
Oct 27, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #3 of 55
Nah... Too expensive per gram... 😁

drftr
Hey Joop, great to see you are still here. I had been away for several months, but mostly back now.

Oct 27, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #4 of 55
Hey Joop, great to see you are still here. I had been away for several months, but mostly back now.
I'll never lose the interest in the hobby, Jim, just the urge to buy. Regardless of the price to be honest. Guess that means I'm happy/satisfied then.

I don't read the nicest thread on HeadFi as a means of self protection though... :xf_cool:

drftr

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #6 of 55
Does anyone know if this DAP has streaming? I think I recall that P6 Pro had streaming.

Also, from a sound POV, where is this likely to rank and sound relative to the LP6 variants?

Oct 27, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #7 of 55
Does anyone know if this DAP has streaming? I think I recall that P6 Pro had streaming.

Also, from a sound POV, where is this likely to rank and sound relative to the LP6 variants?
likely no streaming, not sure about if any other improvements to the software, etc., It amazes me that they release so little info on something so expensive.

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #10 of 55

LP has never (in its past) and will not (for the foreseeable future) make their DAPs with built in streaming. The next generation devices (7th generation) will NOT have streaming either. 8th generation will not have streaming either. Wan has no plans or desire whatsoever to built streaming into anything they produce. All LP players utilized LP OS, in house operating system.

This P6Pro Ti has LDAC (like every other P6 Pro), so you can wirelessly connect to a smartphone or Android DAP if wired USB C is too inconvenient.

I suspect this P6 Pro Ti will rank somewhere in between LP6 Platinum and LP6 Ti regarding SQ. However, best to wait for folks to take delivery and provide feedback. I am merely speculating on this without any evidence.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2023 at 5:14 PM Post #11 of 55
What size connectors are available on the unit? Hard to distinguish between 4.4mm and 6.3mm in pictures.
3.5mm, 4.4mm. Both are Line Outs and Phone Out.

I am surprised how fast these are selling out. HK was out in 3 hours, and in China people are already bidding on second hand units.

Oct 27, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #12 of 55
Why only two button now? Can you pls confirm if it has physical skip/next track button. I use skip button alot so cannot do without.
Also are we talking about the same UI interface? Is there any improvement to UI and bluetooth connection?

Oct 27, 2023 at 6:23 PM Post #13 of 55
Why only two button now? Can you pls confirm if it has physical skip/next track button. I use skip button alot so cannot do without.
Also are we talking about the same UI interface? Is there any improvement to UI and bluetooth connection?
Confirmed there are pause/rewind buttons on the left side just like previous P6 Pros. The chassis design is identical, just the material and the '99' graphic is different. The press photos do not show the left side for some reason, an artistic choice. The UI remains the same. The bluetooth algorithm should be the same (if I get different response, will post here).

Oct 27, 2023 at 6:48 PM Post #15 of 55
I’d love to know if it’s more powerful than the standard P6Pro and if so it would be great to have some specs. I own the HK edition of the P6Pro which is already beefed up

Per the Marketing:
Now, it's even more powerful and better suited for IEMs!

As the most powerful model in the P series...

I would like to know the mW output for both SE and BAL outputs @ 32 ohms, can @MusicTeck provide this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back