Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Review by mark2410
Dec 6, 2016 at 10:35 PM Post #16 of 24
Thanks for another great review! You always convey well what the earphones are really about. As great a deal these are, i think they aren't for me. I already have and love the RE-262, this sounds very similar, and I'm looking for something different.

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:02 AM Post #17 of 24
Thanks for another great review! You always convey well what the earphones are really about. As great a deal these are, i think they aren't for me. I already have and love the RE-262, this sounds very similar, and I'm looking for something different.

yeah, they arent as warm as the 262 but they arent exactly a million miles away either

Dec 7, 2016 at 5:03 AM Post #18 of 24
Dec 7, 2016 at 6:50 AM Post #19 of 24
Quote:
  Nice review Mark - what foam tips did you use on the Noble? Are these Comply and if so which ones?

Quote:

actually they arent Comply's i dont know exactly what to call them but they are ones i got from Penonaudio http://penonaudio.com/4-Pairs-Soft-Foam-Eartips

Thanks Mark for confirming - I had trouble getting the Comply to fit my Noble's (I tried a couple of the bigger sizes), which is why I asked - by the time I had got them on they were almost destroyed.

Did the foam ones you used from Penonaudio slip on pretty easily? I might try and order some if they do, as the Comply are a lot of money to keep messing up all the time!!

Cheers

Dec 7, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #20 of 24

Thanks Mark for confirming - I had trouble getting the Comply to fit my Noble's (I tried a couple of the bigger sizes), which is why I asked - by the time I had got them on they were almost destroyed.

Did the foam ones you used from Penonaudio slip on pretty easily? I might try and order some if they do, as the Comply are a lot of money to keep messing up all the time!!

Cheers

yeah they went on no bother at all, not loose or anything but you know tight enough to grip but it wasnt any great effort pushing them on there.  whatever size they both are they meshed perfectly

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #21 of 24
I have a set of Etymotics HF5's . . . I'm thinking of upgrading to the Noble X.  Currently, I only use the Etymotics with my iPhone 6 or iPad and use Fostex Purpleheart  TH 00's at home.  I really like the Fostex sound.  The Etymotics have a nice sound but have little bass for me. Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #22 of 24
  I have a set of Etymotics HF5's . . . I'm thinking of upgrading to the Noble X.  Currently, I only use the Etymotics with my iPhone 6 or iPad and use Fostex Purpleheart  TH 00's at home.  I really like the Fostex sound.  The Etymotics have a nice sound but have little bass for me. Is it a worthwhile upgrade?

hi, well the X isnt going to be hugely more bass if thats what yoru after and its also not going to be driven great by your phone.  tbh your phone wont be driving your etys very well either.  my first suggestion to you would be buy a little amp like a fiio e6 or soemthing, that sohuld drive them better and have a bass boost for you.

now once youv get that then the X may be more seitable asits will like the ampinga nd the bass boost too probably, it will be different from your ety and should do certain things better too.  however, your likely hitting the wall as set by your choice of sorces. if your wedded to using your phone then the inhancement the X could bring to you (aside from being much les ear invasive, and less ravaging in the treble) will be mostly lost on you.

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #23 of 24
Thanks for the info.  Because the drop was ending, I figured that I would give them a try,   I have a headphone amp, but as I said, I use my Fostex's at home.  These are strictly for travel.  However, I can definitely do without the "ravaging treble," LOL! 

Dec 10, 2016 at 5:12 AM Post #24 of 24
  Thanks for the info.  Because the drop was ending, I figured that I would give them a try,   I have a headphone amp, but as I said, I use my Fostex's at home.  These are strictly for travel.  However, I can definitely do without the "ravaging treble," LOL!

lol yeah ety are not subtle up top, the X is much more ear friendly up top

Users who are viewing this thread

Back