MEAOES Audiophile IEMs impressions & reviews
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #91 of 169
After listening to it for a while I see it the same way. The Eagle is also much too exhausting for me. It's a pity, but he will find his followers.
@all If you want to have the Eagle and the osv3 cheaply, feel free to contact me. I'll stick to my serial :)
Ah! Serial… the ultimate analog sounding outsider

Nov 17, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #92 of 169
After listening to it for a while I see it the same way. The Eagle is also much too exhausting for me. It's a pity, but he will find his followers.
@all If you want to have the Eagle and the osv3 cheaply, feel free to contact me. I'll stick to my serial :)
Exhausting at the high-end? I am just wondering if the Eagle is better suited to people who don't have sensitive hearing at the high end. Certainly my wife can hear high pitched sounds I cannot. But also I am getting older and higher pitched hearing does drop off. I can certainly hear a lot of high end with the Eagles but I have been thinking it was very well tuned like the bass end was.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #93 of 169
20221118_122000~3.jpg

What do we have here? The Eagle has finally landed! WHoohoo!!

20221119_113626~2.jpg

Updated a better picture to do justice to its beauty

Clicked the picture in a hurry. Please ignore the mess.

Anyway, first impression - STAGE! My god, the MASSIVE stage it presents is nothing short of mindblowing! It's big, it's airy, with marvelous imaging, a clean background, and excellent separation!
The low end sounds fine enough. Subbass seems to have a tad bit more emphasis over the midbass, but very slightly so. Along with it, the subbass also sounds slightly loose, may be a bit longer decay, and notes are a bit thick; coupled everything, the sole negative point comes out to be the textures - the subbass certainly exerts very good pressure, but the textures are not very prominent - still discernible though, not exactly washed out. The midbass notes also have a similar kind of thickness, so slams are not very tight - more like punch.
Lower midrange certainly has that thinness that is already being talked about much. The male vocals get mostly affected here, however, I could still detect a certain level of depth to the notes, despite the slightly leaner body, that still made them sound natural. String instruments sound wonderfully clean and textured. Acoustic guitars might have used a bit more thickness, but I'm not complaining, solely because of how incredibly TRANSPARENT the midrange sounds. I can accept it, with all its positives and negatives...I might have even fell in love with it. However, the upper midrange has hints of sibilance that often make their presence known...never becomes particularly fatiguing though. The upper midrange also has some rough edges here and there, slightly prominent peaks, that introduce a certain amount of unevenness in the upper mids.
The treble...oh goodness! I have missed such a beautiful BA treble! It's brilliant, not fatiguing, sparkling, with the right tonality and body and textures and details and extension...yeah, I freaking love it!

I forever wanted a IEM that uses DD for low and mid, and BA for treble. Finally, it has come to reality, within a very attractive budget as well. I just wish that they had tuned the low end a bit differently, made it tight, and made the lower midrange just a bit more thick - it would have perfection by my standards then.

Source: Hiby FC4 (balanced), Qudelix 5K (balanced)

Attachments

• 20221118_164953~2.jpg
    20221118_164953~2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #94 of 169
The Eagle Has Landed! (Not stock cable)
eagle.jpeg3.jpeg

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #95 of 169
Nov 19, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #96 of 169
Nov 19, 2022 at 1:43 AM Post #97 of 169
Penon Totem before they changed it.
Suspected that...I follow a somewhat strict rule, where I never pair a cable that is costlier than the iem. I feel doing that will confuse the price segment the iem actually is in.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:19 AM Post #98 of 169
Suspected that...I follow a somewhat strict rule, where I never pair a cable that is costlier than the iem. I feel doing that will confuse the price segment the iem actually is in.
Good for you, do whatever makes you feel right. :)

My review will not center on using it, but it's just a photograph? So you're not going to use a DAP that cost more than $149.90?

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #99 of 169
Good for you, do whatever makes you feel right. :)

My review will not center on using it, but it's just a photograph? So you're not going to use a DAP that cost more than $149.90?
As a matter of fact...yeah 😅 I know it's stupid, but I mostly use these iems on the go, and my primary on the go sources are Qudelix 5K, Hiby FC4, Shanling UA3, and Hiby R3 Pro Saber. But yeah, some of them are costlier than my current on the go companion Hiby Hela, but let me tell you why I feel it is justified

But before that, please note - my earlier comment was in no way aiming to disrespect you. Each of us has their own choices to listen to music, and I absolutely do not wish to comment on any of that. I only stated it to convey what I feel like to do. And now I can see it sounds like it was a dig at you, which I absolutely did not want it to be, because I do not want to judge how you want to enjoy music.

Now that I have this off my chest...you see, sources are not an integral part of a iem. But cables are. Now, when I am reviewing a iem, analysing its performance, I almost always try to keep its price bracket in the perspective, because that will give others a more holistic understanding of its performance. Now, most iems do not come with a balanced cable, and I always prefer to review via balanced. But if I pair the iem with a cable that's equal to or more than the iem's price, then that's just pushing the iem into a whole different price bracket (not A+B, rather A+x% of B), where I might not justify its performance compared to the peers, since a cable does not enhance the actual sonic performance that much. And that might turn out to be an injustice for the iem, because otherwise it would be a great performer in its own original price bracket. Hence, I always choose a cable that's below the iem's original price. For example, I'm using the ISN S4 with Hiby Hela, EarAudio Anasa with Penon Vortex, VE DIC Vita cable with IMR Elan, EarAudio Elra with IMR Dark Matter, PW Audio SE Ultra Copper with FAudio Dark Sky, Effect Audio Area S with 634EARS LOAK-T(CL), etc. All of the cablea cost less than the respective iems.
And because I do it for review, I do it for daily usage also. That's just how I am. And I am in no way judging you for who you are. I know my statement came off as that, and perhaps I WAS judging you a bit since you are a pretty eminent reviewer as well, but I understand I do not have any right to do that, and I apologise for it.

Nov 19, 2022 at 5:40 AM Post #100 of 169
The Eagle is certainly sensitive to tips. After some 20 hours of burn-in I decided I'd try it on my personal favourite style of tips: large size and wide bore. The sound become immediately more aggressive but in a very good way. Bigger sound stage and less of a "diffuse field" style across the mid-range. Very subjective of course - wide bore in the large size just seems to be what suits my ears on most IEMs with multiple drivers. These are now sounding very nice indeed.

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:01 AM Post #101 of 169
As a matter of fact...yeah 😅 I know it's stupid, but I mostly use these iems on the go, and my primary on the go sources are Qudelix 5K, Hiby FC4, Shanling UA3, and Hiby R3 Pro Saber. But yeah, some of them are costlier than my current on the go companion Hiby Hela, but let me tell you why I feel it is justified

But before that, please note - my earlier comment was in no way aiming to disrespect you. Each of us has their own choices to listen to music, and I absolutely do not wish to comment on any of that. I only stated it to convey what I feel like to do. And now I can see it sounds like it was a dig at you, which I absolutely did not want it to be, because I do not want to judge how you want to enjoy music.

Now that I have this off my chest...you see, sources are not an integral part of a iem. But cables are. Now, when I am reviewing a iem, analysing its performance, I almost always try to keep its price bracket in the perspective, because that will give others a more holistic understanding of its performance. Now, most iems do not come with a balanced cable, and I always prefer to review via balanced. But if I pair the iem with a cable that's equal to or more than the iem's price, then that's just pushing the iem into a whole different price bracket (not A+B, rather A+x% of B), where I might not justify its performance compared to the peers, since a cable does not enhance the actual sonic performance that much. And that might turn out to be an injustice for the iem, because otherwise it would be a great performer in its own original price bracket. Hence, I always choose a cable that's below the iem's original price. For example, I'm using the ISN S4 with Hiby Hela, EarAudio Anasa with Penon Vortex, VE DIC Vita cable with IMR Elan, EarAudio Elra with IMR Dark Matter, PW Audio SE Ultra Copper with FAudio Dark Sky, Effect Audio Area S with 634EARS LOAK-T(CL), etc. All of the cablea cost less than the respective iems.
And because I do it for review, I do it for daily usage also. That's just how I am. And I am in no way judging you for who you are. I know my statement came off as that, and perhaps I WAS judging you a bit since you are a pretty eminent reviewer as well, but I understand I do not have any right to do that, and I apologise for it.
Cheers. :)

LOL.........no problem. Actually I use whatever works out side of the review..........but in review in such a way that if I have really good luck with something like the Shanling UA3 Dongle then I will write about that in my review. The Shanling UA3 may be the best thing for an IEM. Your right though a $699 or $799 has no place in an actual $149. 90 review. Also you are probably right, it may be nonsense to put the Eagle with a super expensive cable.

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #102 of 169
Fan2 is much more neutral in presentation has more forward mids presentation especially lower mids and the Eagle is more v shaped IEM excellent for energetic genres. Rock Metal, EDM and such. More bass impact and rumble and has more in the upper mids gain over the Fan2, Clarity well imaged technical with good punch and rumble is what the Eagles are or a more energetic tuning. Fan2 is more even handed in its balancing and is excellent for acoustic and vocal music, orchestral and the like. They actually compliment each other in the way they are tuned.

The Eagle and the OSV3 have landed yesterday.

As a former owner of the OSV3, I immediately recognized the sound signature and am very happy to have these back in my arsenal again. Fantastic sounding budget set.

It’s another story with the Eagle. These are one of the brightest and thinest sounding set I have ever listened too, period. Really not my cup of tea, unfortunately. Switched tips, cables and sources, without success, but it’s not surprising and I did not expect dramatic changes anyway. 🔥-in? Yes, they might require two decades of uninterrupted white noise before starting to sound decent to my ears.

I won’t bash the Eagle, it’s no use. I can understand that some people like this tuning and I am not saying these are bad by essence. It’s just a terrible sounding set in my book and they directly will land on the Classifieds section.

Something positive maybe? Sure. The modular cable is… good. The tips selection is generous and the case more than decent. The IEMs themselves look gorgeous.
You'll never know how good the Eagle is if you don't buy the Totem cable.

Nov 19, 2022 at 6:45 PM Post #103 of 169
DSC_0024.jpeg124231463.jpeg
DSC_0056.jpegzone.jpeg

Nov 19, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #105 of 169

Users who are viewing this thread

Back