MEZE AUDIO ELITE - The New Isodynamic Hybrid Array Headphone - official thread
Sep 1, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #46 of 5,658
Hey looks like someone on the 'Empyrean Elite' thread got a set! Maybe some hands-on impressions incoming!

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #47 of 5,658
Reminds me of that LUDICROUS Rolex/Cameron circus where a $100,000.00 Rolex goes to the bottom of some deep trench..ANY MONKEY can keep throwing $ to make TOTL,you want to impress me make a giant killer for $1000.00 or less,LIKE iBasso did with the $500.00 SR-1!!!
Guys, really, take a breath...

Another way to think about this is to think about how cars are developed and introduced. Every car manufacturer builds multi-million dollar racing cars as well as concept cars which are way too expensive to manufacture and market. However, these cars are used to develop technology which eventually does trickle down is some form to the models at your dealership.

The same could be said for flagships like the Elite, LCD-4, Utopia, Fourte Noir, Traillii, Stealth, etc. etc. etc. The difference is with tours we might get the opportunity to "drive" the Elite, and we might get a chance to own a pair.

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:39 PM Post #48 of 5,658
The World: Our economies are in the gutters. This pandemic has cost many jobs, and people are struggling to pay the bills... if they even still have a home.
Meze and Dan Clark: Hey guys, check out our new unobtanium headphones!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Snark aside, here's hoping the Elite's can surpass the Susvara for the crown of World's best! :sunglasses:

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #50 of 5,658
Guys, really, take a breath...

Another way to think about this is to think about how cars are developed and introduced. Every car manufacturer builds multi-million dollar racing cars as well as concept cars which are way too expensive to manufacture and market. However, these cars are used to develop technology which eventually does trickle down is some form to the models at your dealership.

The same could be said for flagships like the Elite, LCD-4, Utopia, Fourte Noir, Traillii, Stealth, etc. etc. etc. The difference is with tours we might get the opportunity to "drive" the Elite, and we might get a chance to own a pair.
I get what you're saying, but I have to say I'm not seeing a lot of the trickle down effect in personal audio. Where's a cheaper Sennheiser with the HD800 ring radiators? Where's a cheaper Meze with an Empyrean driver? A cheaper ZMF, a cheaper Focal, etc etc. You get where i'm going. I'm not saying it never happens. Actually Dan at DCA does a decent job of taking yesterday's flagship tech and making mid-tier headphones like the Aeon. But it's just not common enough for my tastes. I hope we see more trickle down in the future compared to recent history.

And to stay at least somewhat on topic this is even more reason to attend the socal canjam! Between the Stealth and this, and my desire to test a Stellia, there's a ton of gear i'm dying to try out.

Sep 1, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #51 of 5,658
Well our launch units have sold through so I know our customers will have them in their hands tomorrow. Should have owner impressions up soon!

Demo shipped to our Canadian office today so impressions and squiggles later in the week.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Sep 1, 2021 at 4:07 PM Post #52 of 5,658
geez...can this former 2X Meze 99 owner get Meze to make a Meze 99000000 Rai-Mega CLOSED-BACK!??? Damn...yall keep doing open cans when I HATE open cans. Sigh..........

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #53 of 5,658
holey macrodynamics... or is it microdynamics... personally I don't care if they cost $4000 or $40,000 ... I just want to know how every one seems to just jump on these new TOTL phones where they are selling out of stock within a day or a few hours.... can someone help a poor guy out and tell me how to get the funds for all of these phones...

now just waiting on Koss to release their version of TOTL ... :)

Sep 1, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #54 of 5,658
The World: Our economies are in the gutters. This pandemic has cost many jobs, and people are struggling to pay the bills... if they even still have a home.
Meze and Dan Clark: Hey guys, check out our new unobtanium headphones!
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Snark aside, here's hoping the Elite's can surpass the Susvara for the crown of World's best! :sunglasses:
Given the performance of the original Empyrean I highly doubt it but will be keeping an eye on it for sure. I remember bugging my local hifi shop about it and when they got the shipments in I was so disappointed. Such a beautiful headphone ruined by muddy sound and poor technicalities. And they are asking 3k for it. The build quality is amazing, but spending 3k for mud was just a no go for me.

The Elite at 4k it's more expensive than the HE1000SE, but if it can match that performance it will be highly competitive.

If the new driver fixes the Empyreans issues I can definitely see myself owning one in the future, but only if it can be competitive with HE1000SE. Build quality and serviceability are definitely huge advantages of the Elite but they really need to up their game on the sound.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2021 at 5:34 PM Post #55 of 5,658
Why ask ? If it sounds good, it can’t be cheap, period. At the moment where the market and demands are, I would say that headphones that sounds good and sitting at TOTL should be priced $8,999 or about that

Before anyone criticize my view, let me remind you that even a cable can cost $3-4k. Now if the phones manufacturers don’t cheap out and include TOTL cables that synergies the best with their TOTL phones, the price range $8,999-10,999 still is cheap
You must work with the State Dept trying to inflate the dollar to zero

Sep 1, 2021 at 6:25 PM Post #57 of 5,658
$4000 and you're getting only 1 cable? This is ridiculous.

I will stick with my "cheap" Verite Closed.
That’s the deal breaker?

”only 1 cable”?
which you can choose.

it’s a touch crowd

Just food for thought would you say this to this member in person. Do you feel like you have enough data points to make a negative statement like this about another member
Yes i would - in a friendly smiling way.
i don’t really expect him to be selling many hps.

but i think expecting totl hps to be reasonably expected to be $8k and (imho of course) discussing hp cables costing a few thousand dollars as a common purchase for people (or something like that) is probably not that accurate.

but hey, it’s his opinion/post/contribution and that’s ok.
i just have a different one

ps: data points???

all the best

Sep 1, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #58 of 5,658
Exciting to see Meze release something new. But it also seems-- familiar. I suppose they want to stay with their winning design and fit formula. Just by appearance and description from their press release, it sounds like it would still be appropriate to call it the "Empyrean Elite," given that it seems more of an evolution of the Empyrean, and not a whole new design departure. In any event, I wish much success to Meze (I continue to love both the Empyrean and the 99 Classic).

Sep 1, 2021 at 9:28 PM Post #59 of 5,658
I love my Shure SRH1540 headphones. I probably won't demo. I have the AKG flagships and stopped there...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back