Modi is on the way!
Mar 1, 2021 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Pondoro

500+ Head-Fier
Bought a Schiit Modi to see how it compares to the audio out from my computer. I have a few different downstream end-states for it: Powered computer speakers, powered bookshelf speakers (which have their own DAC but also have RCA in) and my stereo, which also has it's own DAC, but I can use the Modi to connect my PC to it as well. And there is my CD player. So lots of playing around. I listen mostly to ripped CD's but I also listen to a fair number of online concerts.

Mar 4, 2021 at 2:24 PM Post #2 of 2
The Schiit Modi arrived two days ago. It sounds very good! I expected it to, I knew from past experience that installing a $40 sound card in a PC made the sound better. So I figured this would be even better, based on the reviews and the company reputation. I was right, sound improved noticeably (this PC did not have an after market sound card so the Modi was replacing a probably $3 chip). Anyway my two adult daughters agree. I pointed to the silver box and said, "That has replaced the sound card" while playing some music. Daughter number one immediately said, "It sounds a lot better!" The next night the scene was repeated with her identical twin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back