mom looking for gift for 11 yr old
Mar 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #46 of 53
IEM's are more portable and the quality of these I saw on sale is top notch, especially for that price and they are new with warranty and all, so, better to save some extra money and go for it. I owned several portables and all of them have one BIG issue, cable. Have had 2 pairs of AKG k51, on both cable broke within 6 month. My Audio Technica ES7 did much better, but now its on sale, but fully recabled as well. The only pair of headphones I never felt that cable or anything else will be dead soon, were Sennheiser HD25II Adidas edition, but more costly as well.

Anyway, I dont see OP around, becides, many others already mentioned enough to choose from.

THX

Quote:
^^ Dismissing the entire sub $200 market? 

Also headphones, not IEMs. Otherwise...

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #47 of 53
Don't get the ntunes. They are not that great especially with the patience level of 11 year olds. For iems get klipsch image s4 for full sized get jvc ha s400. The s500 sound better but require a burn in of about 100 hours

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #48 of 53
I think we've possibly fried the poor woman's brain.
basshead.gif

I suppose the real answer is that there is no headphone to beat all headphones. You'll just need to try one of the pairs suggested on this thread (All great suggestions btw) and see how the boy likes them.

Just make sure there is a good return policy, just incase the selected pair isn't for him.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #49 of 53
I think we've possibly fried the poor woman's brain. :basshead:

I suppose the real answer is that there is no headphone to beat all headphones. You'll just need to try one of the pairs suggested on this thread (All great suggestions btw) and see how the boy likes them.

Just make sure there is a good return policy, just incase the selected pair isn't for him.
Yeah probably smart :deadhorse:

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #50 of 53
Because he is young, i would suggest headphones that sound fun to listen to. Headphones with lots of bass will sure make him happy when listening to his music on his ipod. So i would recommend the Sony XB500 headphones to you to buy for him. The are small making them portable and have a low impedance so you can easily drive them without having a amplifier. You may have trouble finding them, but if you can its a good steal.

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #51 of 53
Quote:
The Sony XB600 or XB900 are durable, cool and have nice bass and overall sound!
smily_headphones1.gif

I am only 14 so i know what kids like and i have a feeling he will like the style of the Sony headphones. Everyone here has suggested great headphones! The Sennheiser HD419 are even better if your son can keep em safe!

Yeah the XB600 do look cool, but the bass on them is not as good as the XB500. If you have get your hands on a pair of Sony XB500 headphones choose them over the XB600 headphones.

Jul 22, 2013 at 5:55 AM Post #52 of 53
  i just cant stand him cranking his Ipod around the house anymore!!

Seriously. Make him understand that he is damaging his hearing by listening so loud. Don't whine at him about it, show him some threads on the internet from a credible source. There are apps available for phones called (SPL meter) for free. Have him test loudness of his current listening by putting the earbuds into his cupped, closed hand and playing music, and holding the phones mic opening into the cupped hand.

Then, buy him real, isolated (closed back) headphones as suggested by members here already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back