Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones
Feb 28, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #1,081 of 8,051
  For who ever needs it.

I have the pdf of the 5yr warranty. I cant attach it because it exceeds the 5MB limit.

Can you host it on an anonymous file hosting website so all of us can have a copy just in case? 

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #1,084 of 8,051
Here's a screenshot hosted on my Google Drive account:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3_gYHto2dc-ZXFlU0lZa1U2aU0/view

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:20 PM Post #1,085 of 8,051

LET'S DO THIS THE AMERICAN WAY AND SUE, SUE, SUE!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Okay. I can live with the crappy connectors and hardwire them somewhere down the road. The side plates that have sharp edges can be used for grating cheese. The semi-permanent ear pads don't present too much of an issue except the replacements are running between $65.00-$100.00. Now I'm getting into the used Grado RS1e range from a company who has a proven track record + made in USA!
 Do I justify a one year warranty by thinking this is great; I don't have to wait 5 years before I can modify & kill the warranty!
 I get a little gun shy when companies do this. If it was a mistake, there should be something posted on their website stating their course of action. Somebody made the change so it's NOT an oversight.

I sent an email to them regarding replacement pads over a week ago and got no response. Now I'm seriously wondering about repairs & customer service.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:22 PM Post #1,086 of 8,051
Here is the pdf: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02LmhzZu_zAemRfZjVVOXVxLUk/view?usp=sharing

Edit: And others beat me to it! HAHAHA
This is the American Way!

Share, Share, Share,  and Help each other out!
smile.gif

Good ol values.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:31 PM Post #1,090 of 8,051
Man, some of us haven't even received our pairs and stuff is already being screwed with by monoprice.

I don't think I can keep these on principle regardless of sound. That's just a low thing for a company to do.

EDIT: Oh hey, there we go. That works then. Still very shady and a big negative that'll be floating in my head while I review these

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #1,092 of 8,051
THEY WILL HONOR 5 YEAR, I just got a call back!!

How will that work if you need a repair.  I picture three phone calls and speaking with five managers before someone finally accepts that you purchased one of the original 500 units.  Monoprice needs to issue a statement on this so that we have something to stand on when they do break in three years.  I am always skeptical of just a phone call because I have been lied to before.

Feb 28, 2017 at 1:36 PM Post #1,093 of 8,051

How will that work if you need a repair.  I picture three phone calls and speaking with five managers before someone finally accepts that you purchased one of the original 500 units.  Monoprice needs to issue a statement on this so that we have something to stand on when they do break in three years.  I am always skeptical of just a phone call because I have been lied to before.

This.

We need it in writing. Like the other poster, The American way.... Not in writing? Is not real!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back