Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Aug 5, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #7,831 of 16,931
Quote:
Hello guys!

I'll need a replacement for my Ultimate Ears 700, which are going to break soon :frowning2:

I am currently using DTX101, but imo they are a bit muffled and not so detailed what I would want from my earphones.

I loved my UE700 and I was thinking about getting Brainwavz B2, but I'm a little bit concerned about their durability. 

Any other options? My budget is about 200€, and I'm not a basshead. (looking similar sound to AKG K601 / UE700 / Genelec)

My source is rockboxed Fuze, without amp.

Thanks.

that was the exact case with me , the ue 700 is too fragile , had to get it replaced twice , for the third time , was forced to take some thing else so got the ue 600 , not that bad for a single BA , a bit less treble spark but really good for the price . you can get that . exactly equal bass , similar mids , better sound stage , and cheaper price and will suit your need far more better then the dtx 101 .

for more expensive iem , you can consider the jays q-jays , sba-3 / meelec a161 may be eph-100 , if you can do with even lesser bass then consider the boss , ath-ck10 .

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #7,832 of 16,931
I've read a lot of reviews now, but I can't decide on what to get. I have so far come up with three alternatives. 

- Yamaha EPH100SI
- VSONIC GR01
- Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkii 

As mentioned earlier I mainly listen to electronic music, and therefore need adequate bass.  Which one should I go for?  

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:59 PM Post #7,833 of 16,931
Quote:
I've read a lot of reviews now, but I can't decide on what to get. I have so far come up with three alternatives. 

- Yamaha EPH100SI
- VSONIC GR01

As mentioned earlier I mainly listen to electronic music, and therefore need adequate bass.  Which one should I go for?  

The Yamahas would probably be the best out of these for electronic music. Both the DBAs and the VSonics utilize a TWFK BA driver, which is known to have a neutral bass, which won't really fit electronic music.
Meanwhile, I didn't hear the Yamahas, but all of the reviews that I read mentioned that it had "full" and "healthy" bass, which'll be great for electronic music.

Aug 5, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #7,834 of 16,931
Quote:
The Yamahas would probably be the best out of these for electronic music. Both the DBAs and the VSonics utilize a TWFK BA driver, which is known to have a neutral bass, which won't really fit electronic music.
Meanwhile, I didn't hear the Yamahas, but all of the reviews that I read mentioned that it had "full" and "healthy" bass, which'll be great for electronic music.

exactly , twfk are just above flat at bass , so for bass , go for dynamics , or multiple BA earphones , who have dedicated bass drivers .

Aug 5, 2012 at 6:35 PM Post #7,836 of 16,931
Quote:
and how do you compare the dtx 101 to the brainwavz m2

The DTX101 is bassier and has a slightly more even presentation. The M2 is a little clearer.

Quote:

Hmm.. then my options narrow down to GR 07 and EPH 100. I cant understand really, you gave a 8.5/10 for EPH-100 and youre saying it better suits me than a 9.5/10 GR 07. Is GR 07 analytical? Which of EPH-100 and GR-07 is warm+sweet? I did like M6 only for its bass, it was pretty lacking on highs and mids. Only the triple flanges on M6 did gave me some comfort and the rest of the single/double flange tips were painful and uncomfortable for me. Since I can use my M6s triple flanges, GR 07 could be comfortable. Whats about the EPH -100? The M6s tips dont fit on those, so do they fit enough well in my ear? EPH-100 seems to be a bit costly over GR 07 (180$ over 149$ since I live far away in India, shipping for EPH-100 is high), so I would like to consider buying EPH-100 if its really a great improvement over GR 07. 

What are those numbers (8.5/9.5)? I simply made a recommendation based on your requirements. You are free to ignore it and get the one with the higher numbers but I think you will like its sound less, if at all. Fit is a personal thing - I can't say how the EPH-100 or GR07 will work for you.

Quote:
So I went back to the comply tips (non-butchered by my hands). All I did was EQ the shortcomings, and I'm happy with it. The Turbines really are for work use while I walk around, and nothing too serious. The comfort and EQ-ed sound is all I need.

This is all that matters.

Quote:
Hello guys!

I'll need a replacement for my Ultimate Ears 700, which are going to break soon :frowning2:

I am currently using DTX101, but imo they are a bit muffled and not so detailed what I would want from my earphones.

I loved my UE700 and I was thinking about getting Brainwavz B2, but I'm a little bit concerned about their durability. 

Any other options? My budget is about 200€, and I'm not a basshead. (looking similar sound to AKG K601 / UE700 / Genelec)

My source is rockboxed Fuze, without amp.

Thanks.

If you're worried about the durability of the B2, get the Fischer DBA-02 mkII. Sturdier construction and sounds just as good, if a bit less bright. Should run you around $180.

Quote:

- Yamaha EPH100SI
- VSONIC GR01

I would agree that the EPH-100 is the safest choice of the three.

Aug 6, 2012 at 2:34 AM Post #7,838 of 16,931
Quote:
I have a westone 3 with a messed up cable and $450 on amazon. I love the bass and full sound of the westone 3's but would like a bit more clarity. Any suggestions?

You could get it re-shelled into a custom or perhaps have the cables repaired for much less than that. There's really not many high-end IEMs with as much bass as a W3 and the only one I can think of with better clarity would be the Phonak PFE 232 ($599). 

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #7,839 of 16,931
How do you compare ACS T15 with UE TF10? Few months ago i had TF10 but there was to much mid bass and to little deep bass and to recessed mids for me.
I know that ACS are more neutral and maybe more natural IEM but what do you think about using them to listening rock and more often dnb.
I'm not a huge fan of quantity of bass, but i love good quality of bass. I'm listening from Xperia P it's compareble player to Sony A84x. 

And does ACS T15 benefit from amping a lot?

I'm sorry for my english but i hope you'll understand me.

Aug 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #7,840 of 16,931
Quote:
How do you compare ACS T15 with UE TF10? Few months ago i had TF10 but there was to much mid bass and to little deep bass and to recessed mids for me.
I know that ACS are more neutral and maybe more natural IEM but what do you think about using them to listening rock and more often dnb.
I'm not a huge fan of quantity of bass, but i love good quality of bass. I'm listening from Xperia P it's compareble player to Sony A84x. 

And does ACS T15 benefit from amping a lot?

I'm sorry for my english but i hope you'll understand me.

The T15 has less mid-bass and no recessed mids but it really doesn't sound like what you're looking for. I think you would be much happier with the VSonic GR07 - it's got no mid-bass bloat, better deep bass than a T15, mids that are not recessed (though it does have a somewhat more distant presentation compared to the T15), and works well for rock. It also pairs well with Sony DAPs in my experience.

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #7,841 of 16,931
Hi joker, 

I have read some people saying they liked GR02bass than Gr06, why do you think that is? 
If i like listening to avril lavigne, taylor swift, mariah carey type of music and maybe some piano, which one would be better? 

thanks

Aug 7, 2012 at 12:52 AM Post #7,842 of 16,931
Quote:
Hi joker, 

I have read some people saying they liked GR02bass than Gr06, why do you think that is? 
If i like listening to avril lavigne, taylor swift, mariah carey type of music and maybe some piano, which one would be better? 

thanks

The GR02 BE has significantly more bass than the GR06. If you're looking for heavy bass there is a good chance you'll like it better than the GR06. However, it also tends to recess the vocals which may not be ideal for your music types. Personally I would go for the GR06 if you can afford it.

Aug 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #7,844 of 16,931
gr02 , as joker have rated , has the best value , you cant upgrade it with anything of similar price , but if you take a leap , a big one , cuz in between there quiet less no of earphones who do bass , may be se215 .

Aug 7, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #7,845 of 16,931
Hey guys, so I've read all of the reviews for the $60-100 as well as the $100-150 IEM sections, and am a bit overwhelmed. I have been looking to upgrade from my Sony MDR-XB40EX for a while now, but have been reluctant to do so. A few years ago, I tried out the Klipsch Image S4, in part due to the stellar reviews it quickly received. I was not happy with the purchase, because I honestly prefer more bass. (I know, typical consumer is typical.) I swapped them for the Sony MDR-XB40EXs and was quite satisfied with the swap. I mostly listen to house music, but also some alternative/rock. The Sonys, to me at least, seem to be the best of both worlds.

My budget is around $100. I am intrigued by the aesthetics and reviews of the Brainwavz M2 as well as the Hippo VB and HiFiMan RE-ZERO. On a side note, the Fischer Audio Eterna also appeals to me, but it appears to be absent online. One concern I have is that these are several-year-old products. Have any stellar, bass-emphasizing in-ears come out in the past year? If not, and bearing in mind what appeals to me, what would your ultimate recommendation be?

Thank you for taking the time to read my plight! I am looking forward to any advice or recommendations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back