Musician Audio Andromeda balanced amplifier
Feb 1, 2023 at 6:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

project86

Headphoneus Supremus
Didn't see any discussion around here relating to this amp, so I figured I would start a thread. It's the Musician Audio Andromeda fully balanced headphone amplifier. Sells for $869 and is a wonderful minimalist design that sounds excellent when using balanced headphones.

DSCF2287.jpg

My full review is here - actually a combined review with the Musician Aquarius DAC if that matters. In summary, for under $1k, this is an extremely well built, accurate, neutral sounding amp that can drive nearly any headphone well.

May 6, 2024 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 2
I am using this set up now. Everstream a6 usb (schiit usb) to danafrips iris then i2s (audioquest carbon 1 meter) to denafrips area 12-1 as well as AQ carbon coaxial to schiit mb2

From schiit mb2 goes to Nitsch maximus
From 12-1 it goes to Musical Andromeda/balanced

Name brand cables but nothing spectacular

The Andromeda is still being broken in but it sounds more in control than the schiit/Nitsch does by a lot.

Like if someone has low water pressure for decades they would be fine with it. Then they go on vacation and have real water pressure. That is what it seems like to me.

I don’t think buying headphone amps under the andromeda is even worthwhile any longer.

Removed the ef499 and Midgard to another location — gonna try and get one of the kids to get interested.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpeg
    IMG_0387.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0386.jpeg
    IMG_0386.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back