My Personal Review on the Sennheiser ie80
Nov 15, 2014 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

weissshay

Head-Fier
My review on the Sennheiser ie80 earphone used on Fiio X5 high resolution player. Playing FLAC & MP3 files lessening to – Classic, Rock, Heavy Metal, and Disco form the 80's, Dance Music/DJ Remixes as well as Movie Soundtracks​
I had experience many Headphones-Earphones over the years many brands passed through me including:​
Sennheiser HD650 – 600, 25 CX300ii HD800 ie800 ,AKG,Audio Technica,Grado,Bose and the list goes on and on...​
I had never came across earphones that made me so thrill and happy like the ie80.​
Even as I enjoyed Shure se415 very much, the ie80 blew them out of the water​
The effect of the 3D sound/Image on those ie80 simply amazing. The Instruments separation you can hear them instead inside your mind it gives you a feeling that they are playing outside. Surrounds you. Like Saturn and its orbit.​
As for the comfort, they are extremely comfort inside the ear canal.​
Cable can be replaced with new one if need so, or upgrade (Like Shure's earphones) but the original cable looks cheap or very 'thin' compered to Shure's earphones, also it doesn't have the 'cool-looks'  that Shure has.​
The package is full of ear tips size and types of many kind. For me personally the Memory foams were the best, they reminds me of Shure's ear foams.​
Now let us get to the sound –​
They sound (For me) like HD600-650 HD800 (for its image) and Momentum (For its punchy Bass) all entwined into ie80​
 ​
Image: 3D feeling​
Soundstage: Wide & Deep! Gives you a feeling like you are in a hall or concert. Even if you are leasing to Studio Dance/Remixes​
 Highs: Sparkling! Beautiful!​
Mids: Where the weak spot is. The mids are not like the Shure's they are like step backward from the rest of the spectrum of the music but it's not that bad neither​
Bass: Punchy! When you adjust to low bass on the earphones still I get great bass, when you adjust it to more bass it just becomes wide/stretch but still, sounds clean and good​
Clear sound – Very Clear! And smooth  ​
Isolation: Is fair enough, not like the Shure's but it blocks sounds quite good​
My Score –​
Soundstage – 10/10​
Image – 10/10​
Highs – 10/10​
Mids – 7/10 (way distance from Shure's mid's)​
Bass – 10/10 (can be adjust, comes with a tool)​
Image – 10/10​
Isolation – 8/10 (unlike Shure but still good)​
Clear Sound- 10/10​
Design – 8.5/10 (they don’t look cheap nor expensive but the cable defiantly looks cheap)​
Package – 10/10 has it all with everything you will need​
Cable- 3/10 Unfortunately the Looks feel cheap but do its job​
Comfort – 9/10 (the only issue I have with it is that the cables sometimes goes out of the hooks that can be a little annoying)​
 ​
Conclusion:​
I truly don’t know how they are compered to Shure se846 or 535 or others brands and models that have high-end earphones on the market. But for me THEY ARE THE BEST.​
 They come with a high tag price and it's worth it​
As for ie800 vs ie80 I kindly say that I dislike the ie800 they just sounded (to my ears) way too fast/aggressive and lack of bass although their sound Image was very good​
That’s my personal review on the Senn's ie80​
Thank you for reading​
 ​
Shay Weiss
 ​

​
  ​
 ​
 ​
  ​
 ​
 ​