Neumann NDH 30
Apr 14, 2023 at 8:43 AM Post #1,891 of 4,947
One of the few reviews mention a terrible stock pad. Maybe he has a partnership with a guy making pads...

Concerning the sound, they do have more extension and crisp than hdhxx/hd650 right?
I have faital compression drivers at home and love them...

Anyone tried the heddphone? They are great but I think they are no longer headphones, you need to be installed to listen to them, it is more a mix of monitors and headphones at the same time.

I think there is a misunderstanding here. What this reviewer doesn't like is the NDH 20 pads which are small. He says that he likes very much the comfort and quality of the NDH 30 pads and he wished that he could put them on the 20s but it was not possible because they are different size.
There are no comfort or quality issues with the NDH 30, it is one of the most comfortable headphones in the market. (Only users with quite protruding ears have reported that they don't like the orange foam in front of the drivers touching their ears.)

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 10:26 AM Post #1,893 of 4,947
Ok cool,

I think i will return my k702 while it is still possible and get the ndh30 when I can.
I had a Q701 for a few years and thought it was a pretty great headphone, actually. But the NDH30 is a big step up from the AKG IMO. I doubt you'll be disappointed with this move. Report back when you get the Neumann and let us know what you think

Apr 14, 2023 at 4:27 PM Post #1,895 of 4,947
I just placed a Cardas order myself. I generally like their sound with my HD 600 and I think these cans are reminiscent of those so probably good synergy as well.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:14 PM Post #1,896 of 4,947
Why did you request Cardas wire instead of Mogami?
I didn’t like the mini star quad they offered with their regular order. I asked for an alternative and they gave me the Cardas option.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:16 PM Post #1,897 of 4,947
I think there is a misunderstanding here. What this reviewer doesn't like is the NDH 20 pads which are small. He says that he likes very much the comfort and quality of the NDH 30 pads and he wished that he could put them on the 20s but it was not possible because they are different size.
There are no comfort or quality issues with the NDH 30, it is one of the most comfortable headphones in the market. (Only users with quite protruding ears have reported that they don't like the orange foam in front of the drivers touching their ears.)
You called Zoes a “reviewer“ :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:53 PM Post #1,898 of 4,947
You called Zoes a “reviewer“ :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:
I watched a video of Zoes at the CanJam New York, &, most people he was meeting up w/ seemed annoyed by his presence. He was loud, w/ corny remarks and just walked into different places where people were already talking and he’d sort of try to take over. Like the obnoxious brother in law you hope would leave even before he sets foot inside your home.

Last edited:
Apr 14, 2023 at 10:07 PM Post #1,899 of 4,947
Hello. I know that everyone's long-used or most recently purchased headphones are the best, and they are very biased, even if they don't perform as they say. is there an ndh30 owner here who can speak objectively about it? please mention what dac/amplifier is used in this review, because it matters a lot. first of all, I would be interested in the strengths and weaknesses of the ndh30, because there are no perfect headphones. I heard that the ndh30 is weak in terms of dynamics and slam, impact. this is his weakest point. how is it technically in other areas? resolution, separation, stage, imaging? e.g. compared to an HD650/6xx, whose frequency curve is also so perfect. I would also be interested in the depth and impact of the sub bass. because it would also behave great with a 120ohm OTL amplifier?

Apr 15, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #1,900 of 4,947
I watched a video of Zoes at the CanJam New York, &, most people he was meeting up w/ seemed annoyed by his presence. He was loud, w/ corny remarks and just walked into different places where people were already talking and he’d sort of tried to take over. Like the obnoxious brother in law you hope would leave even before he sets foot inside your home.
Zeos just hypes everything he likes as if it was the best thing the audio world has ever seen.
The small selection of stuff he doesn't enjoy is useless crap to him.
There is rarely anything in between for him, I even mentioned that in a comment one time and he said to me that this is his review style, I can always look for other reviewers. (he was friendly about it though)

Apr 15, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #1,901 of 4,947
I think he has a style to get teenager audience.
Anyway this was one of the few reviews I found.
Any measurements published ? On my morphit version there is only the ndh20...
Hd6xx hd650 rolls of fast in the upper region, it needs quite a lot of eq which is not ideal. I like the crisp of violins and the sustain of cymbals

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #1,902 of 4,947
Hello. I know that everyone's long-used or most recently purchased headphones are the best, and they are very biased, even if they don't perform as they say. is there an ndh30 owner here who can speak objectively about it? please mention what dac/amplifier is used in this review, because it matters a lot. first of all, I would be interested in the strengths and weaknesses of the ndh30, because there are no perfect headphones. I heard that the ndh30 is weak in terms of dynamics and slam, impact. this is his weakest point. how is it technically in other areas? resolution, separation, stage, imaging? e.g. compared to an HD650/6xx, whose frequency curve is also so perfect. I would also be interested in the depth and impact of the sub bass. because it would also behave great with a 120ohm OTL amplifier?
Search function is your friend.

Apr 15, 2023 at 3:09 AM Post #1,903 of 4,947
Plenty of excellent reviews earlier in this thread. The only thing I will point out is that the NDH 30 is strange (for a headphone) in that it doesn’t really have a sonic character of its own, so it’s hard to pin down as it can sound almost completely different from one recording to another. For example, If the recording lacks dynamics, so will the NDH 30, but if the recording has good dynamics you’d better watch the volume!

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 3:24 AM Post #1,904 of 4,947
The Sony MDR-MV1 is an interesting option. It would be a pity if it's just monitor flat sound... But I hope it's not like I think.
If anyone gets a chance to compare the Sony MDR-MV1 to the NDH 30 before I can do that, that would be great!

Apr 15, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #1,905 of 4,947
Plenty of excellent reviews earlier in this thread. The only thing I will point out is that the NDH 30 is strange (for a headphone) in that it doesn’t really have a sonic character of its own, so it’s hard to pin down as it can sound almost completely different from one recording to another. For example, If the recording lacks dynamics, so will the NDH 30, but if the recording has good dynamics you’d better watch the volume!
I agree, it’s a chameleon. Just like their speaker equivalent (KH 310), bad recordings sound awful and good recordings sound amazing.

It’s one of the reasons I keep the 660S2 purely because it handles shoddy recordings a lot better.

BTW I highly recommended playing a few intense FPS games like Squad, Ready or Not and Insurgency: Sandstorm. They sound incredibly visceral on the NDH 30, especially with that subwoofer like impact, I need to be careful not to accidentally get PTSD! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back