New Astell&Kern CA1000T impressions thread.
Mar 25, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #16 of 115
@JasonNYC

I havent tinkered with the settings yet. Is there a way to fix the rca outs so that the preamp is bypassed? I am going to see if my streamer recognizes the ca1000t as a dac and feed the digital signal through the ca1000t as a dac only to feed my tube preamp. I just want to compare it to the stock dac in my streamer.

Mar 25, 2023 at 11:12 AM Post #17 of 115
Tex Irie "contact @JasonNYC or the merchant you purchased your CA1000T from", I agree.

That way you can talk about the 1000T charging power supply, possible grounding issue within the housing of the 1000T, and how your computer interacts with the 1000T.

Possibly the 1000T unit only draws power from the battery for sound reproduction and UI operation and not from the external power supply?

Is there a USB selection in the CA1000T settings/menu that gives you the choice of USB function? MTP, DAC or charge? This could effect how the computers interact with the CA1000T.

Somehow I think a phone conversation with JasonNYC would be quickest and allow the issues you describe to be highlighted for specific answer. Maybe first direct Jason to this thread to give him time to digest the contents. I think I remember he is less reachable during the weekend.

I am considering this CA1000T as a purchase.

PS: I have no idea what power supply is included with the CA1000T since an online search was fruitless for me.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #18 of 115
Had my CA1000T for three weeks now. Absolutely no issues. Sounds great with Empire Ears EVO & ESR Mk2's. Have also been using it to drive my Ferrum OOR/Hypsos in power amp mode to use with my Susvara's (needs that extra bit of oomph although can drive the Susvara's in Super gain mode at around 120 on the volume) using mini XLR - XLR leads. Overall very impressed with the CA1000T - really versatile, excellent sounding piece of kit.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #19 of 115
Tex Irie "contact @JasonNYC or the merchant you purchased your CA1000T from", I agree.

That way you can talk about the 1000T charging power supply, possible grounding issue within the housing of the 1000T, and how your computer interacts with the 1000T.

Possibly the 1000T unit only draws power from the battery for sound reproduction and UI operation and not from the external power supply?

Is there a USB selection in the CA1000T settings/menu that gives you the choice of USB function? MTP, DAC or charge? This could effect how the computers interact with the CA1000T.

Somehow I think a phone conversation with JasonNYC would be quickest and allow the issues you describe to be highlighted for specific answer. Maybe first direct Jason to this thread to give him time to digest the contents. I think I remember he is less reachable during the weekend.

I am considering this CA1000T as a purchase.

PS: I have no idea what power supply is included with the CA1000T since an online search was fruitless for me.
In my opinion, this is indeed a grounding issue. The question now is how they are caused. Maybe a problem with the device itself, as you say? No idea! I have never had such a problem otherwise. And I happened to notice it because I was not listening to music at the time.

To clarify, I don't have the CA1000T connected to the PC all the time by now (because of the problems described above). I only connect it when I need it on the PC. The problem with the grounding issue (if this is the problem...) is independent of whether the device is connected to the PC or not.

There is no charger included and must be purchased yourself. But as I said, I have already tried different chargers.

EDIT: @Tex Irie has suggested a power cycle, so I removed the charging cable and let the CA1000T discharge to 90% until now. I just tested it and the noise seems to be gone. Right now I would say this solves the problem, thank you for suggesting this!

I'll keep an eye on it though and I'll report back if the problem reoccurs.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2023 at 3:28 AM Post #20 of 115
You're welcome @phiemon! I'm glad that seemed to work out for you.

I'm really enjoying my CA1000T with the Audeze Euclid and LCD-i4. All my IEMs sound glorious in Op, hybrid, and tube mode. The CA1000T makes me entertain the idea of parting with all my desktop gear for more IEMs. Very cool transportable device

Mar 27, 2023 at 11:43 AM Post #21 of 115
You're welcome @phiemon! I'm glad that seemed to work out for you.

I'm really enjoying my CA1000T with the Audeze Euclid and LCD-i4. All my IEMs sound glorious in Op, hybrid, and tube mode. The CA1000T makes me entertain the idea of parting with all my desktop gear for more IEMs. Very cool transportable device
I think I'm going to sell my OOR/ Hypsos - can't see the need for it now

Mar 28, 2023 at 2:58 AM Post #23 of 115
Hi together,

are there any recommendations regarding a USB-C power unit (maybe linear?) that delivers clean power to the CA1000T? I already have a SUPRA MD08DC LoRad power distribution box but I do not know which power brick to choose.

Best regards

Bojan

Mar 28, 2023 at 10:11 PM Post #29 of 115
Nice…downloaded flawlessly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back