New Audeze LCD3
Jan 7, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #3,032 of 11,521
Quote:
Have we jumped the shark yet?

Lol, I hadn't come across that term yet, I suppose I don't watch enough sitcoms:

"It's a moment. A defining moment when you know that your favorite television program has reached its peak. That instant that you know from now on...it's all downhill. Some call it the climax. We call it 'Jumping the Shark.' From that moment on, the program will simply never be the same."

In an analogous sense this happened a couple of Audeze threads ago.

Quote:
What is the "vegan pad" made of ? Is it a cloth type of pad?

Since Sankar has commented that these pads don't change the LCD's sound I would assume that they're some kind of "pleather".

Jan 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #3,033 of 11,521

Quote:
Quote:

Since Sankar has commented that these pads don't change the LCD's sound I would assume that they're some kind of "pleather".

It's made from hamster foreskins that were left over from the abandoned evil world domination scheme. I'd go for the shark skin option for longevity and much less stitching. 

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM Post #3,035 of 11,521

Quote:

It's made from hamster foreskins that were left over from the abandoned evil world domination scheme. I'd go for the shark skin option for longevity and much less stitching. 

sharkskin would be too shiny but luxurious
L3000.gif

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #3,040 of 11,521

Quote:
Audeze's Leather Free earpads "... are made from faux suede (polyester microfiber) and use non-toxic and environmetally safe dyes."

Thanks, that sounds like the faux suede would be a nice plus in the warmer weather and also absorb/relive a little presser coming from the drivers as opposed to a tight seal that the leather pads give the LCD-3's.

Jan 8, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #3,041 of 11,521
This is painful!

I had some pad inconsistency on my LCD-3 and finally decided to have it taken care of.

My headphones haven't even arrived at Audez'e yet, and I already want them back!

Jan 8, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #3,042 of 11,521

Users who are viewing this thread

Back