New Beyer DT1350
May 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM Post #1,651 of 4,010

Quote:
And you're so sexy that it doesn't matter what headphones you wear.  Worst case scenario you downgrade from Brad Pitt to Tom Cruise. 

Oh behave

May 1, 2012 at 6:03 AM Post #1,652 of 4,010
Ha ha ha. I like the emoticon. And for whatt is worth I am 40, married with a child too. I think there is even more reason to look good when you are no longer young enough to just look hip. :cool:

May 1, 2012 at 8:06 PM Post #1,653 of 4,010
Quote:
And you're so sexy that it doesn't matter what headphones you wear.  Worst case scenario you downgrade from Brad Pitt to Tom Cruise. 

LoL...not so much, but I don't care much about how I look with headphones. I do care how I look in general, but if some girl thinks I look geeky with a particular pair of headphones, I couldn't care less. Just wait until you're married with children in your 40s Whitney.
tongue.gif

May 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #1,655 of 4,010
Quote:
LoL...not so much, but I don't care much about how I look with headphones. I do care how I look in general, but if some girl thinks I look geeky with a particular pair of headphones, I couldn't care less. Just wait until you're married with children in your 40s Whitney.
tongue.gif

Wait, I'm married with children in my 40 50's... I think I lost 10 years in my 20's...

May 2, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #1,656 of 4,010
Quote:
Yeah I don't care either.  Plus it's a good test to see if she's worth it.  I personally would not marry a girl unless Sigmas turned her on. 
wink_face.gif

Now she would be a special find indeed.

May 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #1,657 of 4,010
Hi everyone, I am cross posting my message here as well as in an other place.

------

I am a newbie here and would like your help. First, I am not an audiophile and know *very* little about sound technology besides the basics.

Here is my situation. A month ago, a pair of my ATH-ANC7 (not B) were stolen and I decided to upgrade to something better. I have ruled out getting a noise canceling cans as the sound is not very good. Tried ANC9 and Bose QC 15 and they were blah. After reading lots and lots of posts on this site, decided to get regular cans. My requirement is that they have to be on-ear as I do move around and need them for work/home/some travel. The other pair that I have and love are the ER-4Ps. I love them, however, get very uncomfortable for longer periods of time. That said, thanks to them I am jaded and am looking for something that sounds as close to that as possible. 
I primarily listen to classical, jazz,new age, some techno, and some pop and rock. In classical, I rarely listen to orchestral. I enjoy some bass but prefer mids and highs. 

In the past month, I have tried the following pairs with at least 15-20 hrs of burn them in - M-80, HD 25-1 II, ATH-ESW9A, and DT 1350. I had the ESW9A's for 3 weeks and loved them until started hearing a certain intermittent hiss and returned them. After that decided to try the DT1350's to see what all the conversations were about. Got them yesterday and have been burning them in for about 15 hours. While they are not as comfortable as the ESW9A's, I wanted to see if the sound is good. Trying to find a right position is a pain in the &%$. While I can hear the difference in bass after the burn in up to now, the middles are VERY mediocre and the highs are so so. I have been using my ER4-Ps as a reference pair.

My question to you is, should I continue burning them in hoping that they will improve the highs and mids or should I give up and get another pair of ESW9's or should I try something else. I love their form factor, their built, and the case they came in. 

Thank you in advance!

Oh yeah, I am using a MBP with SRS iWOW plugin in the iTunes. Will getting a dedicated amp for these help with the mids and highs? If yes, what would you recommend for the MBP?

May 2, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #1,658 of 4,010
To be honest, the burn in wont have that much effect on the sound.

If you dont like the sound signature, just go back to esw9. That is my suggestion :)

You should get whatever you like.

Quote:
Hi everyone, I am cross posting my message here as well as in an other place.

------

I am a newbie here and would like your help. First, I am not an audiophile and know *very* little about sound technology besides the basics.

Here is my situation. A month ago, a pair of my ATH-ANC7 (not B) were stolen and I decided to upgrade to something better. I have ruled out getting a noise canceling cans as the sound is not very good. Tried ANC9 and Bose QC 15 and they were blah. After reading lots and lots of posts on this site, decided to get regular cans. My requirement is that they have to be on-ear as I do move around and need them for work/home/some travel. The other pair that I have and love are the ER-4Ps. I love them, however, get very uncomfortable for longer periods of time. That said, thanks to them I am jaded and am looking for something that sounds as close to that as possible. 
I primarily listen to classical, jazz,new age, some techno, and some pop and rock. In classical, I rarely listen to orchestral. I enjoy some bass but prefer mids and highs. 

In the past month, I have tried the following pairs with at least 15-20 hrs of burn them in - M-80, HD 25-1 II, ATH-ESW9A, and DT 1350. I had the ESW9A's for 3 weeks and loved them until started hearing a certain intermittent hiss and returned them. After that decided to try the DT1350's to see what all the conversations were about. Got them yesterday and have been burning them in for about 15 hours. While they are not as comfortable as the ESW9A's, I wanted to see if the sound is good. Trying to find a right position is a pain in the &%$. While I can hear the difference in bass after the burn in up to now, the middles are VERY mediocre and the highs are so so. I have been using my ER4-Ps as a reference pair.

My question to you is, should I continue burning them in hoping that they will improve the highs and mids or should I give up and get another pair of ESW9's or should I try something else. I love their form factor, their built, and the case they came in. 

Thank you in advance!

Oh yeah, I am using a MBP with SRS iWOW plugin in the iTunes. Will getting a dedicated amp for these help with the mids and highs? If yes, what would you recommend for the MBP?

May 2, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #1,659 of 4,010
No amount of burn in is going to change the frequency response that much.

May 3, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #1,660 of 4,010
Thank you! 

Could the pair that I have be defective. It is hard to believe that with all the reviews saying how neutral these cans are, what I hear is so off. 

I will try it a few more times and if it continues be this way, will order a different pair.

One other q (asked it on the other thread as well), are there any on-ear headphones that have a similar signature to the ER-4P's. That would be the ultimate for me 
smily_headphones1.gif

May 4, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #1,661 of 4,010
I think the Dt's need an amp. The esw' s have even more boosted and bloated bass than the Vmoda m80. I would either get an amp or go for the Vmodas. But that is just my opinion. Cheers.

May 4, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #1,662 of 4,010
Thank you! I am receiving the E10 today and will test it with the dt1350's. I tried M80's before and while overall was very impressed with them, something about them was not quite right. When I got the esw9a's it was a no brainer. Funny, to me I did not feel too much bass. Shows how much I know about the headphones overall. 
cool.gif

In any case, I will play with the dt's and e10 over the weekend and will see. On Monday, I will get a new pair of the esw9's and will play with those as well. 
Will keep everyone abreast. It has been a long process but a rewarding one as I am slowly figuring out what I like and what to look for in headphones. Of course there is the entire world of the over ear ones that I may tackle once I have more time on my hands and a little more budget. Those HD650's sure are nice.

May 4, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #1,663 of 4,010
Have fun making the choice. They are all great cans and as you say it is all dependent upon what type of sound you are chasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back