New FiiO M11S Player with dual ES9038Q2M DACs, 670mW output power and 14 hours of battery life
Dec 7, 2022 at 7:07 PM Post #211 of 648
I would get the issue addressed - I have never had screen issues with a Fiio device but that is an indicator of a definite problem...
None on my end either
I think it is safe to say that the developers and manufacturers of high quality audio hardware are not always the best developers of software to accompany their devices (although some will disagree - YMMV). Before you judge the HW as "crap" I would humbly suggest that you download UAPP (or some other app of your choice) to see if the issue resolves. Personally, I would rather have an excellent device with with a software issue that can be resolved with a low cost app (considering what the device costs) rather than an expensive device that no software can improve...
The device isn't cheap so Fiio should definitely have software issues as top priority.

Dec 7, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #212 of 648
I think it is safe to say that the developers and manufacturers of high quality audio hardware are not always the best developers of software to accompany their devices (although some will disagree - YMMV). Before you judge the HW as "crap" I would humbly suggest that you download UAPP (or some other app of your choice) to see if the issue resolves. Personally, I would rather have an excellent device with with a software issue that can be resolved with a low cost app (considering what the device costs) rather than an expensive device that no software can improve...
I actually downloaded the UAPP and it appears to be working well with all my music files. Cmon Fiio! Please fix your application.

Dec 8, 2022 at 2:18 AM Post #213 of 648
I‘ve tried different sd cards and ways to format These, but the stutter at the beginning of each track is still there. I online use Flac files. I like the Look and feel of the hardware but this is a Audio Player which can Not do what is was made for without error?
So this device is only crap!?
Dear friend,

Please try to adjust the crossfade option to see whether it helps? Are your music files in different sampling rate?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Dec 8, 2022 at 3:36 AM Post #214 of 648
Thanks to everyone for responding.

Shure it can use an other App. But there are some features like pure music Mode which Depend on the Fiio App and I‘ve bought the device for the Features.
I Never Said the Hardware is crap. I really Like the Hardware. But if a product can Not Perform the task it was made for without issue, that is what I call crap because the all in all experiance is Bad.
Would Anyone buy an lets say an ebike which can only use it‘s Motor When using a third Party App? I don‘t think so…

@FiiO Yes I do use different sample rate, but this is not the cause of the issue. I can kill the music App in Android os and start an album. The issue is there, regardless of the sample rate and inbetween the album there is No sample rate change.
Crossfade to solve this? I can try it. But at the end I don‘t want Any crossfade.

Dec 8, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #218 of 648
All electronic components need some hours to settle down, capacitors especially.
Don't know if it is 150 or 50 hours but I am giving plenty of time to everything before I start listening.
It is an automated procedure.
I don't observe changes during this period.
I just burn everything and only then listen....

Dec 8, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #219 of 648
All electronic components need some hours to settle down, capacitors especially.
Don't know if it is 150 or 50 hours but I am giving plenty of time to everything before I start listening.
It is an automated procedure.
I don't observe changes during this period.
I just burn everything and only then listen....
Interesting indeed. I am probably around 20 hours, so I have some catching up to do.

Dec 12, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #221 of 648
Does the power button light up? If so, how can I turn that on?
for the Fiio M11pro and pro LTD - it's under Display->Indicator Light Control. Not sure if you have to enable Developer Mode to see it. Perhaps you can ask Fiio if it isn't visible.

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #223 of 648
I don't think there power button lights up on the M11s
That would be strange as the SOC is identical on all 3 players (Snapdragon 660) and the version of android (Android 10) is the same as well - it would seem that a simple update to the firmware could turn this on since system-wise they appear to be identical. I wonder if excluding the ability to turn this on was used to squeeze maximum battery lifetime for marketing purposes?

Dec 12, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #224 of 648
That would be strange as the SOC is identical on all 3 players (Snapdragon 660) and the version of android (Android 10) is the same as well - it would seem that a simple update to the firmware could turn this on since system-wise they appear to be identical. I wonder if excluding the ability to turn this on was used to squeeze maximum battery lifetime for marketing purposes?
@FiiO - comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back