New Focal Headphone Launch - January 28th, 2021
Jan 28, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #79 of 104
I own a pair of Clears and have had them for close to a year and they are one of the best dynamic headphones I have ever heard as far as being tonally accurate....ie musical instruments sound like their real world compliments....pianos sound like pianos, strings like strings etc...

These new cans look very, very nice to me. They have the cosmetics, color and branding down very well....

The ONE big thing IMO is the relatively small soundstage, Tyll mentions this with his Utopia review...same for me with the Clears....other cans can have a wider more 3 dimensional presentation...I hope in future releases this attribute would be addressed and make this area even better.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 4:09 PM Post #80 of 104
I missed the livestream as I was training. So what is exactly the difference between this headphone and the Bentley one (I believe it is called Radiance or something?).

Jan 28, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #81 of 104
I own a pair of Clears and have had them for close to a year and they are one of the best dynamic headphones I have ever heard as far as being tonally accurate....ie musical instruments sound like their real world compliments....pianos sound like pianos, strings like strings etc...

These new cans look very, very nice to me. They have the cosmetics, color and branding down very well....

The ONE big thing IMO is the relatively small soundstage, Tyll mentions this with his Utopia review...same for me with the Clears....other cans can have a wider mor3 3 dimensional presentation...I hope in future releases this attribute would be addressed and make this area even better.
I don't think these headphones are made with soundstage in mind. More tonal balance, slam, imaging, and clarity.

Jan 28, 2021 at 5:37 PM Post #82 of 104
:astonished::smile: I'll be interested in a Elegia comparison....what changes in tuning. I have the Stellia pads on my Elegia and it's a night and day difference from stock.

Jan 28, 2021 at 6:01 PM Post #83 of 104
I missed the livestream as I was training. So what is exactly the difference between this headphone and the Bentley one (I believe it is called Radiance or something?).
The main difference is the tuning...the Bently has a more warmer tuning vs the less warm tuning of the new Celestee. I would expect the magic tuning inside the earcup allows for a deeper, fuller bass with the Bently than the Celestee...

Jan 28, 2021 at 9:18 PM Post #85 of 104
Yeah, I am just a tad skeptical here about the naming of this....especially for a french company. Celeste, sure, but Celestee? It means nothing, and is not an existing word/name as far as I know. Maybe just throwing people off?
actually Celestee means light blue in Spanish but I hear ya - plus they are not light blue but rather a dark blue lol

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #87 of 104
actually I think Celeste is French and means Celestial in english and actually is
pronounced (S sound for 'C') Ca LEST - the E in Celeste is silent- 4 years of French drilled that into me
so I have no idea what they were thinking by making it a Spanish word meaning light blue when it's really dark blue and sounds like CE LESTE-E which is re-donk-u-lous
confused-i-am.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 29, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #89 of 104
I hope they design some new headphones instead of non-stop tweaking the same driver/housing/pads every four months. They are quite capable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back