New headphones - $400ish budget
Jan 13, 2024 at 8:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Entropism

100+ Head-Fier
Looking for a warmer sound, with decent bass. mostly rock, tap, some metal. Lots of other genres thrown in there as well.

This will be for home use, open back is fine. Magni +/Modi stack will be driving them. $400ish budget, US based.

I was thinking Hifiman Edition XS or Ananda Stealth, but I'm absolutely open to other recommendations.

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #2 of 7
I've had almost every Hifiman model. Just got the Ananda Nano and they're really exceptional. Very close to the Arya stealth but 1-2 more in the treble range above vocals so it's more like cymbals and high hats. If you can get one from Hifiman open box you can't go wrong. Best value is still the Hifiman He5xx or Beyerdynamic DT880 250 ohm, solid choices too.

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 7
I've been demoing the Deva Pro and Beyer Amiron Home (within my return period with Amazon) and I like them. I just wonder if there's something out there significantly better (worth the $200 price increase)

Jan 13, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 7
If you happen to have really good luck you may see a pair of Hyland Audio Jupiter Ones within budget.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:44 PM Post #5 of 7
I've been demoing the Deva Pro and Beyer Amiron Home (within my return period with Amazon) and I like them. I just wonder if there's something out there significantly better (worth the $200 price increase)
The Deva Pro is good, Ananda Nano is great as well - only going to sell mine because I picked a Raal CA-1a and it doesn't get used anymore. Amiron has some conflicting reviews. Best of luck!

Jan 15, 2024 at 4:44 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back