New HTC 10--Audio Impressions
May 13, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #46 of 476
I am currently mid way testing the LG G5 and HTC 10. I mentioned already on the G5 thread I have reviewed the G5 HiFi module and LG Tone Platinum headphones which have the APTX HD codec. You can find my reviews on my personal blog Gavin's Gadgets. I will be writing my thoughts on the HTC 10 vs LG G5 audio in the next couple of days. Any questions, just ask here.

I am also comparing loudspeakers. I also have the S7, Huawei P9 and if needed for comparison I can borrow my wife's iPhone 6S.

May 14, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #48 of 476

Also can anyone tell me how the included high-res earphones sounds like? Is it great or good?

I would say good. 6 possibly 7 out of 10.

They feel a bit light and low cost to me, I'm not sure how durable they would be. The isolation is average, but the included silicone tips (3 pairs included S/M/L)  are good quality.

The sound signature is the usual plenty of Bass, slightly recessed mid-range and good treble, the sound stage is OK too. 

They have the usual one button control to control music playback, I've not used them for calling yet.

Value for money - 10/10 (at the price I paid. :) )

May 14, 2016 at 5:49 AM Post #50 of 476
Hi guys.
Just getting more and more into my audio and just got a HTC 10 for that reason.Looking for a recommendation on a nice pair of over ear head phones. Nothing crazy. Eyeing off Momentum 2s, B&O H6 or maybe Bose QC 25s. Mainly will be using these on my 2hr daily train commute so ideally looking for something comfortable and portable. Any advice would be great. Audio source will be Tidal and some Flac files.

May 14, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #51 of 476
  I would say good. 6 possibly 7 out of 10.

They feel a bit light and low cost to me, I'm not sure how durable they would be. The isolation is average, but the included silicone tips (3 pairs included S/M/L)  are good quality.

The sound signature is the usual plenty of Bass, slightly recessed mid-range and good treble, the sound stage is OK too. 

They have the usual one button control to control music playback, I've not used them for calling yet.

Value for money - 10/10 (at the price I paid. :) )

how do they compare to other headphones?

May 14, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #52 of 476
I am currently mid way testing the LG G5 and HTC 10. I mentioned already on the G5 thread I have reviewed the G5 HiFi module and LG Tone Platinum headphones which have the APTX HD codec. You can find my reviews on my personal blog Gavin's Gadgets. I will be writing my thoughts on the HTC 10 vs LG G5 audio in the next couple of days. Any questions, just ask here.

I am also comparing loudspeakers. I also have the S7, Huawei P9 and if needed for comparison I can borrow my wife's iPhone 6S.

How "bearable" is the Galaxy S7 without using another DAC?

May 15, 2016 at 1:10 PM Post #57 of 476
Just got my HTC 10. Too early for any serious reviews, but initial impressions are very good cf Samsung S7 and iPhone 6s plus. The output is extremely clean, listening to quiet passages of music through my se535 which reveal any noise and there is absolutely no hiss or electromagnetic interference. Also, the output appears to be powerful.

Full impressions to follow.

May 15, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #58 of 476
Just got my HTC 10. Too early for any serious reviews, but initial impressions are very good cf Samsung S7 and iPhone 6s plus. The output is extremely clean, listening to quiet passages of music through my se535 which reveal any noise and there is absolutely no hiss or electromagnetic interference. Also, the output appears to be powerful.

Full impressions to follow.

May 15, 2016 at 8:55 PM Post #60 of 476
The sound is indeed clear and background noise free with all of my headphones. The power is really surprising. I didn't think it would be capable of driving the SINE but I was mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back