New kid arrived!
Sep 16, 2007 at 2:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 30

The Pieman

500+ Head-Fier
Tomorrow is a big day in Casa-de-Pieman. My other half is going into hospital to have our second child. If you wondering how I know it will be tomorrow, my wife is being induced. This is due to our first child being 10 pounds plus when born. Our doctor does not want my wife to go over time.
On a personal level I am finding this to be more daunting, yet more exciting than having our first was. Perhaps it is due to my age. I am turning 50 later this year. Or maybe I am just looking forward to more sleep deprivation.
biggrin.gif

I will post in a day or two about the end result.

cheers
Simon

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:30 AM Post #5 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tomorrow is a big day in Casa-de-Pieman. My other half is going into hospital to have our second child. If you wondering how I know it will be tomorrow, my wife is being induced. This is due to our first child being 10 pounds plus when born. Our doctor does not want my wife to go over time.
On a personal level I am finding this to be more daunting, yet more exciting than having our first was. Perhaps it is due to my age. I am turning 50 later this year. Or maybe I am just looking forward to more sleep deprivation.
biggrin.gif

I will post in a day or two about the end result.

cheers
Simon

is your wife in her late forties?

Sep 16, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #6 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1911 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
is your wife in her late forties?

No, late thirties.

Sep 16, 2007 at 4:00 AM Post #7 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pieman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, late thirties.

Congratulations
very_evil_smiley.gif
And wow that's a big kid.

Sep 16, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #11 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, baby induced amnesia, indeed. I have no idea why people would want more than one. I am keeping as much video and photo evidence as possible to remind myself later...

Ed... believe it or not, you forget all the bad stuff. I had your mentality..."Who would want TWO of these??!". LOL. And now, I swear I am So overjoyed with the two of them. Two however IS enough.

Congrats Simon!! Good Luck with the whole thing.
biggrin.gif
WOW, 10 pounds!!

Sep 16, 2007 at 9:59 AM Post #12 of 30
Best wishes to you and your family!
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2007 at 12:41 PM Post #13 of 30
Congrats man It puts things in a whole new perspective.

Sep 18, 2007 at 7:52 AM Post #15 of 30
The newest addition to the Pieman family arrived about 24 hours ago, a healthy 3.74kg/8lb 4oz boy. Mum is healthy, dad, i.e. me, is absolutely stoked and the 3 1/2 year old daughter is not quite sure despite being well primed by mum and dad.

It is a bit hard to put into words how elated I am. And I don't have total amnesia about child number 1! Yipeeee!!!

cheers
Simon

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif