New Member Introductions thread
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:54 AM Post #15,511 of 15,537
Yeah, it is available in Indonesia, but the reviews I read about the Simgot EM6-L model had me worried on the mid (I love being able to listen to the song lyrics clearly) and treble, as some review mentioned the tuning for those area seems a bit over and fatiguing. also, seems like the tuning is quite similar with Aria 2 so it goes into my to-try list on my next trip :D
Ok, I did not know that 7th Acoustics is Indonesian brand, and the review on the tuning seems promising for a future upgrade :beyersmile:.
I would also recommend 7th Acoustics. Supernova is such a great iem albeit a little hard to obtain.
Good resolution and a good all-rounder

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:27 PM Post #15,512 of 15,537
Hi All,

This is Weng Fai from LAIV. :blush: I'm excited to be joining this vibrant community of audio enthusiasts! Looking forward to connecting with all of you and embarking on this audio adventure together!
Welcome!!

Enjoy your time here, it is a great community!

Cheers!!

iFi audio Stay updated on iFi audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/people/IFi-audio/61558986775162/ https://twitter.com/ifiaudio https://www.instagram.com/ifiaudio/ https://ifi-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@iFiaudiochannel comms@ifi-audio.com
Apr 24, 2024 at 12:32 PM Post #15,513 of 15,537
Welcome!!

Enjoy your time here, it is a great community!

Cheers!!

FYI time to remove links from your FB account it's hacked with inappropriate/NSFW content now

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #15,515 of 15,537
Good day, everyone. Just posting to say hello. Not new to audio, but just picked up my first nice pair of headphones (Grado GS1000i’s) and am looking for Information on matching a portable DAC/Amp. I’ve been looking at the Chord Mojo 2 and the ifi Gryphon. If I go the direction of the Gryphon, I’d like to take advantage of the 4.4mm balanced output but know my headphones are unbalanced 1/4”. Looking for advice as to if I can convert them somehow and still use them on my Audio Research I/50. Not a huge deal if I need to keep things as-is, but just inquiring.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #15,516 of 15,537
Good day, everyone. Just posting to say hello. Not new to audio, but jut picked up my first nice pair of headphones (Grado GS1000i’s) and am looking for Information on matching a portable DAC/Amp. I’ve been looking at the Chord Mojo 2 and the Ifi Gryphon. If I go the direction of the Gryphon, I’d like to take advantage of the 4.4mm balanced output but know my headphones are unbalanced 1/4”. Looking for advice as to if I can convert them somehow and still use them on my Audio Research I/50. Not a huge deal if I need to keep things as-is, but just inquiring.
Welcome! A number of people modify their Grado headphone cables, including doing balanced conversions. You'll find dedicated threads around here on the topic. As for portable DAC/amp choices, I'm biased toward the Mojo 2. I've grown to love the little device so much that I actually use it as my primary desktop DAC too. It would also obviate the need for a PITA conversion to balanced (which IMO isn't necessary or even beneficial in most circumstances).

Apr 24, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #15,517 of 15,537
Good day, everyone. Just posting to say hello. Not new to audio, but just picked up my first nice pair of headphones (Grado GS1000i’s) and am looking for Information on matching a portable DAC/Amp. I’ve been looking at the Chord Mojo 2 and the ifi Gryphon. If I go the direction of the Gryphon, I’d like to take advantage of the 4.4mm balanced output but know my headphones are unbalanced 1/4”. Looking for advice as to if I can convert them somehow and still use them on my Audio Research I/50. Not a huge deal if I need to keep things as-is, but just inquiring.
Always welcome to Grado's fan :)

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:21 PM Post #15,519 of 15,537
Welcome! A number of people modify their Grado headphone cables, including doing balanced conversions. You'll find dedicated threads around here on the topic. As for portable DAC/amp choices, I'm biased toward the Mojo 2. I've grown to love the little device so much that I actually use it as my primary desktop DAC too. It would also obviate the need for a PITA conversion to balanced (which IMO isn't necessary or even beneficial in most circumstances).
Thanks, @Hypops! Appreciate the feedback. I listened to the Mojo the other day and like the sound. Wish it had Bluetooth built in.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:25 PM Post #15,520 of 15,537
Hi everybody! I just joined the Head-fi community because I want to upgrade from earbuds to headphones. I'm interested in open back headphones then I saw a few people mentioning Okcsc and comparing them to Grado. Can anyone who has used them tell me the difference between the Okcsc WTD-3, M1 Pro, M2 models?

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:37 PM Post #15,521 of 15,537
Hi all! I've been here a while but mostly just lurking. See you all in the threads.

I tend to collect gear and not sell for a while. It's time for spring cleaning. I'll be posting classifieds soon for Bryston HPA-1, Chord Hugo 2, maybe my McIntosh MHA200, Naim Uniti Atom Headphone edition, and HE1000 V2.

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #15,522 of 15,537
Hey y'all! Decided to fire the account back up after getting out of the hifi game in 2017, picked up a couple mid level/entry headphones and i've been super happy with them! Have the Moondrop Para (absolutely love), and the Moondrop Blessing 3 (meh, may end up returning since they're uncomfortable and don't have as much bass as I was hoping for). Still would love to pick up another pair of LCD-X one day as they were my favorite headphones of all time, I will say though these Paras get 99.8% of the way there!

Apr 26, 2024 at 6:09 PM Post #15,523 of 15,537
Hi, I'm on my first post too... and since I own both the Chord Mojo 1 and the ifi micro iDSD Black Label, I can tell you that, in general, Chord has better detail while ifi has better dynamics. From what I have read, the Mojo 2 exceeds the limits of the 1 (which were listening fatigue, narrow soundstage and little bass dynamics), while the Grifon does not appear to me to be an improvement in sound compared to the micro iDSD BL, except for the balanced output and bluetooth (which I consider non-essential). So I too would recommend looking more at the Mojo 2

Good luck
Max

Apr 27, 2024 at 4:22 PM Post #15,524 of 15,537
Hi, I'm on my first post too... and since I own both the Chord Mojo 1 and the ifi micro iDSD Black Label, I can tell you that, in general, Chord has better detail while ifi has better dynamics. From what I have read, the Mojo 2 exceeds the limits of the 1 (which were listening fatigue, narrow soundstage and little bass dynamics), while the Grifon does not appear to me to be an improvement in sound compared to the micro iDSD BL, except for the balanced output and bluetooth (which I consider non-essential). So I too would recommend looking more at the Mojo 2

Good luck
Max
@Hypops and @Max61MI - I tested out the Mojo 2 at my local stereo store and really liked the sound and build quality, so I pulled the trigger and got one. I thought the menu system would be harder to navigate, but once I realized the colors followed the ROY G BIV order I learned in grade school, it all made sense. Thank you for your input!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back