Apr 24, 2024 at 10:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Vespa25

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I've finally registered here after reading along very intensively over the last few weeks.

I have been listening to a classic audio system with tube amplifiers and horn loudspeakers for many years and I am slowly familiarising myself with the subject of headphones. I'm surprised at how many manufacturers there are on the market, even for higher priced devices. I recently visited a headphone show and some retailers. My current favourites are the Meze Empyrean II and Elite, ZMF Atrium and Caldera and the Centauri from Spirit Torino. While there are numerous and predominantly positive comments about Meze and ZMF on the internet and here in the forum, the comments about the Centauri are very limited and sometimes negative. I liked the Centauri very much, perhaps because I listen to music differently with my special audio system.

My next step will be to visit the High End Show in Munich in May, knowing that I probably won't gain any new insights there due to the hustle and bustle. Once I've found the right headphones, I'll start looking for the right amplifier. Thanks to this forum, I was able to familiarise myself with the subject matter.

Regards, Vespa25

Apr 24, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello and welcome! Although your favourite headphone may differ depending on different amps?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back