New Questyle CMA400i
Aug 5, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #31 of 1,014
Well my friend is a record engineer and his comment about the two was "they sound honest.." which I think we all know what that means.
He bought the HD800S for his work and I dont think that he is looking for a warm/coloured setup

Aug 6, 2017 at 12:28 AM Post #34 of 1,014
Looks like 400i doesn't support DoP (DSD over PCM)64, DoP128 Conversion. Comparing the specifications mentioned on their site, i do not see any mention of this. I am interested to know what compromises they made to cut down the price from 600i. Is it just a weaker amp or are we missing something else?

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #35 of 1,014
I'm so excited to get this piece in... I am going to be doing a youtube review of multiple IEM's that we sell and I am going to be feeding them through the 400i. I can take requests from anyone that wants to know how a certain headphone handles with it. The Audeze line will be interesting to see how it does.

The HD800 is definitely one I will find out about...

Would you be able to test Ether Flows? I think those who own easy to drive high end headphones like these would prefer 400i over 600i if SQ stays the same.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #36 of 1,014
Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #37 of 1,014
Aug 6, 2017 at 3:24 AM Post #38 of 1,014
Looks like 400i doesn't support DoP (DSD over PCM)64, DoP128 Conversion. Comparing the specifications mentioned on their site, i do not see any mention of this. I am interested to know what compromises they made to cut down the price from 600i. Is it just a weaker amp or are we missing something else?

400i has smaller power transformator, no remote, cheaper potentiometer (no motor), smaller case and no analog inputs.

Did you receive yours? I still don't see them in stock, wondering if they are shipping preorders.

Nope, still waiting for my pre order, should have it in next few days.

I have ordered it with a stand and transparent cover. Its normal prices are 270 and 130 PLN here in Poland, so something about 70$ for stand and 35$ for cover. Not cheap for rubber and plastic but it looks great.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #39 of 1,014
Would you be able to test Ether Flows? I think those who own easy to drive high end headphones like these would prefer 400i over 600i if SQ stays the same.
Yeah I can test Ether flows! It will have to be the closed version though. We sold the rest of our opens and bought Aeons. So I will try it out with that too.

In regards to stock on these we havn't received our order yet. I was told that no Authorized dealers received theirs either.... I have been looking forward to this since it was announced ha

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 6, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #40 of 1,014
400i has smaller power transformator, no remote, cheaper potentiometer (no motor), smaller case and no analog inputs.

Nope, still waiting for my pre order, should have it in next few days.

I have ordered it with a stand and transparent cover. Its normal prices are 270 and 130 PLN here in Poland, so something about 70$ for stand and 35$ for cover. Not cheap for rubber and plastic but it looks great.

That's a little bit high for a stand, hopefully it'll be a bit cheap over here when it is available.

Meanwhile, this thing is alive :)

DSC_0015.JPG

Feels really good to finally have a proper source again

Edit -

I don't know if its my ear or my cma400i, but i hear a little bit of hiss on single ended output. As i mentioned on my post somewhile ago, i can hear a noticable hiss on the balanced out using the store's demo unit.

After receieving my unit, i can hear some hiss with the jh5 and u10 through the single ended output. On balanced out, even when the volume knob is at the lowest position and no music playing, the hiss is clearly noticable. On the other hand for single ended output at 10 o'clock the hiss starts to show. Personally, i am comfortable with listening music with the volume knob at 8-9 o'clock position, as it still has a really black background and sounds loud enough to me.

Hopefully other prospective users that are planning to use sensitive phones to pair with this unit can try it first

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 3:27 PM Post #41 of 1,014
That's a little bit high for a stand, hopefully it'll be a bit cheap over here when it is available.

Meanwhile, this thing is alive :)

Feels really good to finally have a proper source again

Edit -

I don't know if its my ear or my cma400i, but i hear a little bit of hiss on single ended output. As i mentioned on my post somewhile ago, i can hear a noticable hiss on the balanced out using the store's demo unit.

After receieving my unit, i can hear some hiss with the jh5 and u10 through the single ended output. On balanced out, even when the volume knob is at the lowest position and no music playing, the hiss is clearly noticable. On the other hand for single ended output at 10 o'clock the hiss starts to show. Personally, i am comfortable with listening music with the volume knob at 8-9 o'clock position, as it still has a really black background and sounds loud enough to me.

Hopefully other prospective users that are planning to use sensitive phones to pair with this unit can try it first

Dang! I am jealous! How does it sounds compared to 600i?

Aug 7, 2017 at 3:29 PM Post #42 of 1,014
Yeah I can test Ether flows! It will have to be the closed version though. We sold the rest of our opens and bought Aeons. So I will try it out with that too.

In regards to stock on these we havn't received our order yet. I was told that no Authorized dealers received theirs either.... I have been looking forward to this since it was announced ha

Yeah Ether Flow C would do! Thanks a lot! Much appreciated! (Like and subscribe in advance.. lol)
I think its been 3 months now i guess. They keep pushing dates for US market while we keep wondering if its selling like a hot cake elsewhere or they are still working on finishing touches.
I have seen two versions of it on the internet. (One with Function button and one without)

This is what is advertised on their website
MAC_00075web.jpg

This is what we have on Moon-Audio
cma400i_1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back