NEW Ref 8 IEM cable by ALO
Jan 18, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #47 of 53
I failed to use the proper "over under" method to wrap the Ref 8 cable for a period, and now its all indented and bent out of shape. Is there any way to safely reverse my mistake?
Just use a blow dryer or a heat gun on low and run the cable over it while tugging both ends. Afterwards you can hang it on a clip or a hanger and the connector + gravity should take care of the rest.

Edit: don’t yank on the connectors

Feb 2, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #48 of 53
I have reference 8 for my vega and solaris 2020. I'm really curious about sxc 8. The upgrade worth it or i' m good with reference?

Feb 2, 2022 at 6:56 PM Post #49 of 53
I have reference 8 for my vega and solaris 2020. I'm really curious about sxc 8. The upgrade worth it or i' m good with reference?
I did a big exhaustive shoot out of the alo/ca cables at the time. (2016/2017?) On here on head fi and buried somewhere on headpie dot net (see if you can dig it out)

If find with most CA i usually go with the stock cables. They certainly improved their offerings
Tinsel
Litz
Superlitz
Copper
Smokey litz

Etc etc

Sxc8 as you will see in the photos is quite a heavy cable for iems. There are some sonic benefits - also source/dap/files play a part too.

For the vega they would probably be too heavy. Not sure about the Solaris….

Feb 3, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #50 of 53
I did a big exhaustive shoot out of the alo/ca cables at the time. (2016/2017?) On here on head fi and buried somewhere on headpie dot net (see if you can dig it out)

If find with most CA i usually go with the stock cables. They certainly improved their offerings
Tinsel
Litz
Superlitz
Copper
Smokey litz

Etc etc

Sxc8 as you will see in the photos is quite a heavy cable for iems. There are some sonic benefits - also source/dap/files play a part too.

For the vega they would probably be too heavy. Not sure about the Solaris….
Thank you for your feedback. I read your compairison. I didn't think it was that heavy. Already reference 8 is light but 8 wires make the cable a little bit stiff. Probably i' ll save my money. Reference 8 is a good refinement for my campfire's iems

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #51 of 53
Thank you for your feedback. I read your compairison. I didn't think it was that heavy. Already reference 8 is light but 8 wires make the cable a little bit stiff. Probably i' ll save my money. Reference 8 is a good refinement for my campfire's iems
The SXC 8 comes in at 49.47 grams, in comparison the Ref 8 only weight 14.18 grams. If I'm standing with a dap in my hand, it will pull solaris out of my ears.

Feb 4, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #52 of 53
The SXC 8 comes in at 49.47 grams, in comparison the Ref 8 only weight 14.18 grams. If I'm standing with a dap in my hand, it will pull solaris out of my ears.
Seems more a special cable for normal headphones lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back