New Schiit Lyr: Hybrid 6W Headphone Amp. Yes. Six. Watts. RMS.
Jun 2, 2014 at 9:18 PM Post #826 of 834
I have ordered the Lyr 2 and I will soon order some different tubes for it. But first I shall order a set of Alpha dogs, I just have not decided which colour to get. Please have e a great day.

Jun 3, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #827 of 834
Asgard 2 would likely be more versatile for you.

I know asgard is the most versatile. But anyone out there actually prefer the asgard over the lyr for the he500? Or is the lyr really that big of a leap vs the asgard for the he500 that I should just get it and forget about running my other sets on the lyr?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Looks like I should get the lyr 2 now instead of the asgard. :-D just enough time to save up for my planned December upgrade. Lyr 2 and bifrost Uber with USB

Jun 4, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #828 of 834
I know asgard is the most versatile. But anyone out there actually prefer the asgard over the lyr for the he500? Or is the lyr really that big of a leap vs the asgard for the he500 that I should just get it and forget about running my other sets on the lyr?

Haven't tried them both with he500, but with the LCD-2 at least I preferred the Asgard over the Lyr. With some tube rolling, the best I heard the Lyr made it about as enjoyable to me as the Asgard, and most tubes I didn't prefer as much.

Of course, the usual disclaimers apply, as it's my personal preference, perhaps I listen quieter than most people, etc. And of course, Asgard 2 and Lyr 2 might produce an entirely different result.

Jun 8, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #829 of 834
I'm planning on purchasing the Lyr 2 and two Amperex 7308 gold pins to go with the to-be-released HE-400i, but is a Modi a suitable DAC, or is it worth the extra $250 / $320 (with uber analog) to get the Bifrost? Seems like a huge jump in price for something that just happens to be the same size as the Lyr.

Jun 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #830 of 834
  I'm planning on purchasing the Lyr 2 and two Amperex 7308 gold pins to go with the to-be-released HE-400i, but is a Modi a suitable DAC, or is it worth the extra $250 / $320 (with uber analog) to get the Bifrost? Seems like a huge jump in price for something that just happens to be the same size as the Lyr.

The Bifrost is better, but the Modi is excellent for the price (disclaimer: I haven't heard the Uber or USB2 upgrades).

Easiest way to decide: If you only need a single input and "only" 24/96 support, go for the Modi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back