New to tubes is this one busted?
Jul 20, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #2 of 9
I haven't had experience with that particular socket type, but no there shouldn't be anything jostling loose inside the tube unless something's broken loose. With tubes, everything should be anchored in place in the glass tubing by the pins through the internals.

Jul 20, 2018 at 10:02 PM Post #5 of 9
Do you see anything inside the tube? It doesn’t mean the tube is bad. It could be a part that didn’t get removed after gas filling and just got stuck in the socket. Did you see if it worked?

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 9
Idk about the dark voice but a broken tube in some amps can lead to very bad things. Fry an el34 in a BHSE like mine and other parts can go with it. I would proceed with caution.

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 9
Idk about the dark voice but a broken tube in some amps can lead to very bad things. Fry an el34 in a BHSE like mine and other parts can go with it. I would proceed with caution.
Do you know it is a broken tube.?

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:42 AM Post #8 of 9
No but I wouldn't want to find out by blowing my amp.

Jul 21, 2018 at 3:12 AM Post #9 of 9
Yeah that's what I was expecting, guess I'm ordering a new one. :)

Just to clarify, you don't have to order a new amp. Contact support for where you bought the amp and tell them you're sending the tube. Include a vid with sound of the rattling. They might just send you just the tube and not require that you send that back first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back