Night Time Shots Of Our Tubes Glowing -- Post Them Here!!
Jan 31, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #31 of 1,510
img4497copyjg4.jpg

Feb 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM Post #33 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[IM]http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/751/img4497copyjg4.jpg[/IM]

Those tubes are backlit with LED's, right? Nice picture regardless.

Feb 1, 2008 at 11:51 PM Post #35 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by M0T0XGUY /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those tubes are backlit with LED's, right? Nice picture regardless.

Yup- under lit actually.

Feb 3, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #36 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys and gals. I administer the Vacuum tube group on flickr. If any of you are using flickr, feel free to post them in that group!
Flickr: Vacuum Tubes

I just spent 40 minutes "strolling" through this gallery of photos of "The Vacuum Tube". It seemed like no time at all. What most fascinates me about this collection of 130 photos is all of the facets of the Vacuum Tube that they highlight. What a wonderful gallery it is! Well worth a leisurely stroll through.

I believe you all might enjoy this video of a french amateur radio operator making his own vacuum tubes. Much like the flickr photos, it's as interesting for what it show about the artisan as it is for what it shows about the vacuum tube.

MAKE: Blog: Make your own vacuum tubes?

Feb 3, 2008 at 6:11 AM Post #37 of 1,510
Quote:

Originally Posted by sbulack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just spent 40 minutes "strolling" through this gallery of photos of "The Vacuum Tube". It seemed like no time at all. What most fascinates me about this collection of 130 photos is all of the facets of the Vacuum Tube that they highlight. What a wonderful gallery it is! Well worth a leisurely stroll through.

I believe you all might enjoy this video of a french amateur radio operator making his own vacuum tubes. Much like the flickr photos, it's as interesting for what it show about the artisan as it is for what it shows about the vacuum tube.

MAKE: Blog: Make your own vacuum tubes?

Thanks so much for that video link! It's terrific. I have never known of any one building their own vacuum tubes. Wow oh wow. And the guy does it in his sport coat... classic!

Feb 3, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #42 of 1,510
pict0067ug6.jpg

pict0068pp0.jpg

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #43 of 1,510
CanonDarkWE408aYamamoto.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back