Official X3 1st gen firmware thread--3.34beta: removed 5800 song limit, play through folders--Happy Chinese New Year!
Nov 21, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #127 of 921
The way its implemented now isn't the best, should be a bigger pt. size for readability. Personally I like having a numerical read out. Just having the battery icon seemed pretty arbitrary - never could tell how much battery life really was left.

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:17 PM Post #128 of 921
  The way its implemented now isn't the best, should be a bigger pt. size for readability. Personally I like having a numerical read out. Just having the battery icon seemed pretty arbitrary - never could tell how much battery life really was left.

Maybe they could have both but I find the indicator is fine in FW 3.22. It's just an estimate of how much battery is left which is all I need.

Nov 21, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #129 of 921
Here is my take on SQ for 3.24. First off I am not audiophile. I just got into this HD stuff about a year ago when I picked up my X3 and a set of Sony XBA-4s. Since then I have upgraded the FW twice to most recently FW3.0 before 3.24 and just added an E12A. 

Songs include a little of everything in 256ACC and ALAC.  The XBA's are a pretty good IEM which excels in EDM and Electronic but still holds its own with other genres. I am shopping for a set of good headphones this Christmas and are looking forward to this purchase.

FW3.0 without the E12A was great. It was a big improvement IMO. I then purchased the E12A a few days ago and played with this for while with FW3.0. One thing I noticed was more solid bottom end with more oomph - but not overly - I liked it and the Sony's responded well except after a few days of really listening to different genres I found the midrange to have this strange slight resonance with the E12A. Maybe due to the full range amature of the BA's.

With the equalizer setting now in 3.2X I decided to give 3.24 a try to try to get that 1Khz bump I was hearing down a bit.I Installed it last night and found that there was more detail but the slight resonance was still there. The equalizer setting helped get this down and it sounds much better now however that detail I am hearing is a little to spiky - I suppose I could tame it with the equalizer but to be honest I prefer no equalizer. Again, it could be my IEMs but they were really good with no E12A and FW3.0. The other issue is that I definitely noticed some more background noise with FW3.24.

I suppose my ask is to have FW3.0 sound with an equalizer setting. Also, with equalizer set to ON and equalizer on Custom flat the sound is much softer (lower level - like a gain issue) than with it off. I find this odd as it should be the same as both are flat and I find this annoying.

DDS.

I think just activating the equalizer takes away 6db in sound volume, I think I remember reading something like that on the X1 thread. If you move all sliders up to the top you should arrive at the full volume again.
I agree that it would be nice to have the fw 3.0 sound signature as an eq option (or a menu option).

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #134 of 921
Tried the 3.24beta.
Only issue i noticed is removing the headphones doesn't pause the music.

I used to like this feature, where if you remove the headphones it would pause the music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back