Old Phones used as a DAP?
Sep 8, 2021 at 12:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Lexym

New Head-Fier
Do you guys recommend using old phones like the Sony ericsson phones or either Nokia Xpressmusic models to used as phone DAPs just on the go and not really for long calm listening sessions? Just casual listening in general. Was thinking of getting one of em but I'm not sure if those are worth it all since its dirt cheap here. Saw them on a page that was gaining traction since they said it could run Headphones well specially high impedance ones.

Thank you!

Sep 8, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #2 of 5
Why not? If it makes you happy and you can store your music on it, then its a no-brainer, though if I were going to use a phone as a DAP i'd be looking long and hard at a LG V series with the quad DAC

Sep 8, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Why not? If it makes you happy and you can store your music on it, then its a no-brainer, though if I were going to use a phone as a DAP i'd be looking long and hard at a LG V series with the quad DAC
Yep I thought of that but I already have a dongle DAC matched with my Xperia XZ2 so I think it ain't that worth getting another android phone specially having UAPP already installed even though I've been also eyeing LG V series also. I'm just gonna use it for outside use so I won't have to deal with the dongle hanging on about on my pocket specially when I go out cycling or I'm commuting, the size also helps since old phones are really compact. Thanks for the thought though I was just having doubts if ever the audio chips on those are still matching up with current ones or they're significantly left behind.

Sep 8, 2021 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 5
I don't really see the point, why not just get a cheap DAP?

Sep 8, 2021 at 1:37 PM Post #5 of 5
Do you guys recommend using old phones like the Sony ericsson phones or either Nokia Xpressmusic models to used as phone DAPs just on the go and not really for long calm listening sessions? Just casual listening in general. Was thinking of getting one of em but I'm not sure if those are worth it all since its dirt cheap here. Saw them on a page that was gaining traction since they said it could run Headphones well specially high impedance ones.

Thank you!

I bought a cheap, used V30 for that purpose and hand-held video streaming. I kind of like not using up my iPhone battery, although now you have 2 devices to carry around...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back