OnePlus Icons - Revews, Pics and Impressions Thread
Mar 5, 2016 at 6:16 PM Post #106 of 125
  Could not resist and bought the ICONS. I hope i would not be disappointed. 
atsmile.gif

Let me\us know your impressions...I'm tossing around the idea as well but am hesitant because I have so many hp's.

Mar 5, 2016 at 7:26 PM Post #107 of 125
They are very good earphones.
:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 6, 2016 at 8:32 AM Post #109 of 125
Mar 6, 2016 at 9:16 AM Post #110 of 125
cool.gif
Okay. I can go there. They are Amazing. They are 2nd only to my TK12 so far. However, If it wasn't for the fact I like a little Darker sound the LZ-Z03A are definitely the Icon's equals only just a tad brighter.... both are incredibly good for single DD drivers.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Mar 6, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #112 of 125

cool.gif
Okay. I can go there. They are Amazing. They are 2nd only to my TK12 so far. However, If it wasn't for the fact I like a little Darker sound the LZ-Z03A are definitely the Icon's equals only just a tad brighter.... both are incredibly good for single DD drivers.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

so ICONS are not an upgrade to LZ-Z03A?? i was under the impression they are an upgrade to z03a. 
redface.gif

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:03 PM Post #113 of 125
I'd be hard pressed to decide. I favor the ICONS simply because they are darker over all. The LZ are extremely refined sounding, and can hold theor own. They have great bass extension

Mar 6, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #114 of 125
I'd be hard pressed to decide. I favor the ICONS simply because they are darker over all. The LZ are extremely refined sounding, and can hold theor own. They have great bass extension

LZ s are almost half the price of ICONS. I will get the ICONS on wednesday, but LZ would have taken a month. Is there a comparision of these two somewhere i can read??
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #115 of 125

LZ s are almost half the price of ICONS. I will get the ICONS on wednesday, but LZ would have taken a month. Is there a comparision of these two somewhere i can read??
confused.gif

Pretty sure Twin can give you that pleasure.

On another note, I put in my Yamaha EPH-100 today after only listening to the Icons for a while and holy subbass my folks. The EPH-100 instantly started warping my ears with awesome sub bass, I knew that they had plenty of it but didint realise exactly how plenty. So a short compo is in order.

Yamaha EPH-100

More sub bass
Bigger soundstage
Mids are silkier/smoother
Warmer

---

OnePlus Icons

Less sub bass punch
Treble is more consistent and detailed
Treble is more extended
Darker

Mar 11, 2016 at 11:48 AM Post #116 of 125

Pretty sure Twin can give you that pleasure.

On another note, I put in my Yamaha EPH-100 today after only listening to the Icons for a while and holy subbass my folks. The EPH-100 instantly started warping my ears with awesome sub bass, I knew that they had plenty of it but didint realise exactly how plenty. So a short compo is in order.

Yamaha EPH-100

More sub bass
Bigger soundstage
Mids are silkier/smoother
Warmer

---

OnePlus Icons

Less sub bass punch
Treble is more consistent and detailed
Treble is more extended
Darker

I cancelled the icons and bought the lz-03a. I could not buy both so had to compromise. i got a pretty good deal for lz-z03a. i hope it will be awesome. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 11, 2016 at 1:14 PM Post #117 of 125
You won't go wrong with either choice. They are both stellar performers.

Jul 1, 2016 at 1:24 PM Post #119 of 125
A little update on as I've been away for a while.

The icons are still an amazing everyday driver for me, sound has opened up even more. Now that I've got the large Auvios on them it's really hard to fault these IEMs.

Jul 3, 2016 at 5:07 PM Post #120 of 125
A little update on as I've been away for a while.

The icons are still an amazing everyday driver for me, sound has opened up even more. Now that I've got the large Auvios on them it's really hard to fault these IEMs.

Glad to hear you're still enjoying these. The way things have been moving around here lately, hype trains are running the short-line and good earphones are being forgotten quite quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back