ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA | DSD 256 | Android 5 |
Oct 3, 2016 at 6:47 PM Post #11,582 of 16,326
So I need to downsize my setup because I'm moving into a much smaller apartment and I have limited desk space. I'm currently running a Onkyo CD player with a Teac UD301 DAC/Amp but Its way too big. I was about to pull the trigger on a Schiit Jotenheim amp but I started taking interest in DAP's. How much of a decrease in sound quality should I expect from using a DAP like the DPX1 compared to a niceish desktop setup like a Jotenheim? 

Oct 3, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #11,583 of 16,326
  So I need to downsize my setup because I'm moving into a much smaller apartment and I have limited desk space. I'm currently running a Onkyo CD player with a Teac UD301 DAC/Amp but Its way too big. I was about to pull the trigger on a Schiit Jotenheim amp but I started taking interest in DAP's. How much of a decrease in sound quality should I expect from using a DAP like the DPX1 compared to a niceish desktop setup like a Jotenheim? 

I compare a desktop dac with dp-x1, actually the dp-x1 I think perform better on easy to drive headphone.

I think only 150-300ohm difficult to drive headphone the desktop dac will outperform dp-x1.

Oct 4, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #11,586 of 16,326
Try

turn off each app's notifications
Disable some apps
Specially any system mod apps

Thanks, your almost a legend!   
Its crashing much less often now. I disabled lots of notifications and also system sounds etc  its only crashed 5 times in the last day lol

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #11,587 of 16,326
http://www.jp.onkyo.com/news/information/topics/20161004dpx1a.htm

looks like the release date of the DP-X1A and XDP-300R has been delayed from early to late October 2016..

Oct 4, 2016 at 1:54 PM Post #11,588 of 16,326

Thanks, your almost a legend!   
Its crashing much less often now. I disabled lots of notifications and also system sounds etc  its only crashed 5 times in the last day lol

Great to hear it works (at least in some part).
beerchug.gif

Oct 4, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #11,590 of 16,326
How to find out if there is there an FM Radio chip inside DP-X1 that is deliberately left inactivated like most mobile phone manufacturers do?

If yes, how to activate the same?

Or, any other way I can get to listen to FM Radio on DP-X1 without using app-based FM streaming?

Oct 4, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #11,591 of 16,326
  How to find out if there is there an FM Radio chip inside DP-X1 that is deliberately left inactivated like most mobile phone manufacturers do?

If yes, how to activate the same?

Or, any other way I can get to listen to FM Radio on DP-X1 without using app-based FM streaming?

I don't think DP-X1 is similar to a mobile phone. It is more similar to an Android pad which does not have GSM and FM.

Oct 7, 2016 at 2:41 AM Post #11,592 of 16,326
I am thinking of buying this.  I probably would not use the balanced output since I have multiple headphones I would use as well as using it quite a bit via 1/8" connection in my vehicle.  Would I be better off getting the pioneer player if I was never going to use the balanced output? 

Oct 7, 2016 at 3:54 AM Post #11,593 of 16,326
  I am thinking of buying this.  I probably would not use the balanced output since I have multiple headphones I would use as well as using it quite a bit via 1/8" connection in my vehicle.  Would I be better off getting the pioneer player if I was never going to use the balanced output? 

You can get the Pioneer XDP-100R at a discounted price now, saves you ~ $ 200 compared to the Onkyo XD-P1.
So if you don't use balanced the XDP-100R is a good choice, or the newer XDP-300R which basically is a rebadged DP-X1 but priced cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back