Oriolus Products General Discussion Thread
May 22, 2021 at 11:32 AM Post #16 of 587
I heard back from Andrew he said they placed a bulk order with Oriolus that should arrive mid-June..pre-orders will appear at some point.

May 22, 2021 at 11:34 AM Post #17 of 587
I heard back from Andrew he said they placed a bulk order with Oriolus that should arrive mid-June..pre-orders will appear at some point.
Excited!! My Isa order will be on the way.

May 22, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #20 of 587
Other than this thread’s hype (and I think the one formal review online in Chinese) anyone managed to get any more impressions on the Isa? 🙃

May 22, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #21 of 587
Other than this thread’s hype (and I think the one formal review online in Chinese) anyone managed to get any more impressions on the Isa? 🙃
There has been multiple Chinese reviews as it is quite popular there. No English review I am aware of ATM.

Here is one more comprehensive Chinese review.

【【耳边评测】重新定义“杂食”——Oriolus 铜黄鹂 HiFi耳机体验谈_耳机_什么值得买】https://post.m.smzdm.com/p/a7doew2l/

Edit: found another one:
【Jaben Oriolus isabellae 铜黄鹂 一款有魔力的耳塞_耳机之家】https://headphonehome.net/19434.html

May 22, 2021 at 12:31 PM Post #22 of 587
I did some "Google Translate" on those two reviews. I found the association with ALO audio quite fascnating, and in my case, perhaps almost prophetic.

The first (This one was my favorite of the two)

"The label Oriolus may not be considered a highly-recognized brand for casual HiFi enthusiasts, just as many non-photography enthusiasts around me don't know about Auba or Ricoh. For the new generation of enthusiasts who are veteran or who are trying to play with portable HiFi equipment, the impression of this label is mostly affected by other veterans. Oriolus, also known as the "Elderly Audio Studio", used to be a topic that fans would never get around in the field of portable bundled equipment. Oriolus started to develop HiFi earplugs almost five or six years ago and persistently named it after various "orioles". This way was later followed by ALO, an American manufacturer on the other side of the ocean. The latter was also a predecessor brand that made a variety of portable amps and cables. Later, it was changed into plugs halfway through the monk, and it was also persistently named after various constellations. . In all fairness, I haven't been a fan of his earplugs products for so many years since playing with equipment, even ordinary users can't even talk about it. Of course, the reason for this is not to blame Oriolus, it is more of a problem of my own orientation.

"Old man" has always been good at expressing human voice, but I am not a pure vocal fan. As a result, when his representative work "Black Oriole" was extremely popular in the past, I only contacted it for a short time, and there were not many opportunities to listen carefully. Later, when the "Grey Oriole" was on fire, I listened seriously for a while. The stopper is a good stopper, not only the appearance, but also the sound that can be beaten in similar iron products. However, so many years have passed since the release of these two products. Although there have been several iterations of the products, they are all minor repairs. The overall style and tone have not been greatly changed, and even the name has been retained as the original name.

As for the stopper of "Bronze Oriole", the overseas version is named "Isabella". It has a relatively foreign name, and it seems more grounded in the foreign fan circle but it is also a routine operation. And the copper oriole is also a mid-to-high-end model made by Oriolus with a single moving coil solution. Of course, in the past two years, it has also been a trend to rejuvenate the dynamic circle of portable HiFi. For Oriolus, which has been working in the circle iron scheme for many years, there is no bottleneck in the technical aspect of going back to the single-moving circle scheme. The official price of 3680 is not cheap, but compared to its own high-end series "White Oriole", "Crested Oriole", "Silver Oriole", "Mountain Oriole" and the like, the price of copper Oriole is already very restrained. If it is categorized one-sidedly on the basis of valence, its position is slightly lower than the enduring "black oriole". According to the official product line classification, "Copper Oriole" should be regarded as the high-end model on the previous "Grey Oriole" line, not the "lower version" of the so-called "Black Oriole" line. On the packaging, the style of the entire "bird plug" series is the same, nothing more than the difference in the amount and grade of the foil inside the storage box or earplug sets. Of course, there is no storage box included in the plug of the copper oriole. If it is due to cost considerations, the development budget is put on the sound level, which is a good thing. Earplugs and wire body, a pack of silicone sleeves of various sizes, a wire clip and a cleaning stick, this is all the dowry of the copper oriole, there is no special sense of opening the box. The earplug cavity is still a one-piece design similar to the male mold resin. In order to echo the name of the "copper oriole", the entire cavity is translucent amber. Unlike other series of cavity backplane artwork, the backplane of the copper oriole is actually embedded with a dilapidated brass back cover to integrate with the cavity. It is quite a Sony JUST EAR design style, with six air guide holes also surrounding it. Around the center circle LOGO, I still have a good impression in terms of look and texture. The original wiring material uses a four-stranded wire, which has excellent flexibility, which is reflected in the practical wearing of the stethoscope effect and the convenience of storage. Of course, what needs to be reminded is that the original cable is a 4.4mm balanced plug. This point is destined for the user group this plug faces is serious enthusiasts rather than ordinary consumer users.

In terms of drive difficulty, the copper oriole does not appear to be a high barrier for users because of the default configuration of the 4.4mm balanced plug design. In fact, it can get its normal level on the small tail of HiFi mobile phones that support 4.4mm balanced output. Sound density and dynamic performance. The upward direction of the copper oriole is generally a balanced way, restrained but not contagious. Although the sound field is not the kind of feeling that allows you to be in a concert hall with one ear, it is quite enough for most popular music, whether it is horizontal or deep, it belongs to the upper-middle level of similar products. The atmosphere of the mid-low frequency band has an excellent performance, the low frequency volume is moderate, the dive is not deep, and the point is reached, while retaining the due details. In the playback performance of mainstream popular tracks, the low frequency of the copper oriole is provided to users. Sensory pleasure is quite excellent. The mid-range image distance is medium and close. Compared with the gray oriole, the sound is more supple, and it is more omnivorous on the original basis. In the key vocal interpretation repertoire, there will be no human voice to a certain extent. In terms of suppressing the performance of instrumental details, from this point alone, compared with the gray oriole, my personal acceptance of the subjective sense of hearing, especially the hearing resistance, is much higher. The mid-high and high-frequency parts of the copper oriole provide good brightness and transparency. Although there is still a slight gap in extension compared with higher-end products that are based on instrumental music, it is loose and extended at both ends. A reasonable trade-off was made, at the expense of a bit of ultra-high frequency penetration, in exchange for a less tight, looser sense of hearing, which is more suitable for long-term listening in terms of endurance, and the most important thing is all this They are not exchanged for the loss of details.

Regarding the collocation, after more than half a month of tossing, I will briefly list a few collocations that impressed me as a reference:

Copper Oriole + LOTOO S1:

As the most frequently used equipment in people's daily life, mobile phones should naturally be given priority. As for how many mobile phones now have 3.5mm audio output ports, it is definitely not a 4.4 balance port. On the other hand, the choice of the Letu S1 decoding amp with a small tail is precisely because it supports 4.4mm balanced output. As mentioned earlier, in terms of driveability, Le Tu S1 did not drag the copper oriole's hind legs due to thrust problems. This set of collocation feedback is in the subjective sense of hearing, and the entire sound framework is basically at the same level as the mainstream entry-level DAP. S1, as a piece of equipment that does not have much dyeing, makes the copper oriole have a good dynamic performance under the introverted appearance. And if this degree of dynamics has to be true, it is still slightly less interesting in some physical instrumental music with large rhythm fluctuations, but it is more than enough to cope with general popular music. It is hard to say what is so close to this set of collocation, the low frequency can be more perfect if it can be condensed a little more."

The second

"The copper oriole uses a large-caliber single-moving coil unit. In other words, there should be certain requirements for the burn-in time; coffee beans have a bean-growing period, and the moving-loop plug needs to be burned. When the pen is written, this one is on hand. It has reached 300+ hours and entered the state stage by stage, so it is also possible to simply share the sense of hearing.

For the original line 4.4mm balance, I used Shanling M8 as the front end; while the single-ended 3.5mm with the upgraded line Jaben W90 uses SE200 as the benchmark, supplemented by Lepi 199LTD as a reference.

The sound of the copper oriole is generally very healthy. You can feel the regular sound frame just after unpacking, the sound bottom is clean, the tri-band energy is evenly distributed, the thickness of the sound is thinner than most products of the elderly, and the instrumental image is clear, which benefits Due to its excellent resolution and a relatively wide sound field, the instrumental music is well distributed, with good dynamics and transients, and the sound has a sharpness in the vividness; in the restoration of pan-pop and rock music, the taste of copper oriole ring The sound is sweet and delicate, the vocal position is moderate, and the low frequency is flexible. The fly in the ointment is that higher transparency will bring a part of the tooth sound. However, this problem can be weakened by changing the single-ended cable and adjusting the earplugs. The W90 single-ended cable is a 4-core 8-core finely braided copper wire. The sound roughly retains the original line style while weakening the tooth sound problem. The vocal position is slightly pulled in, and the low-frequency sense is slightly increased, but more Some flavor.

Generally speaking, the copper oriole is a good plug that takes into account both sound quality and musicality. I often wear it and it is difficult to remove it."

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 1:13 PM Post #24 of 587
31vCPd7huwL._AC_.jpg

Does anyone have experience with the ddhifi 4.4mm adapter? I wonder which adapter do most here use?

I use the 2.5 -> 4.5 adapter on my Elysium. No complaints.

May 22, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #25 of 587
31vCPd7huwL._AC_.jpg

Does anyone have experience with the ddhifi 4.4mm adapter? I wonder which adapter do most here use?
I have used it with my Iliad. Works fine.

May 22, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #26 of 587
It is interesting to see how much interest in Oriolus has grown since they released their 6000 Dollar IEMs! Seems to have been be a genius marketing stroke besides the profit of selling many of those!

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #27 of 587
It is interesting to see how much interest about Oriolus has grown since they released their 6000 Dollar IEMs! Seems to have been be a genius marketing stroke besides the profit of selling many of those!
Indeed. I definitely remember hearing about them a while back with some fairly niche higher end products that just never seem to have caught on. But release one stupid $6k iem that somehow everyone seems to love... Definitely seems to be working for them, at least around these parts.

May 22, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #28 of 587
I am curious what was going through @twister6 head just before he clicked the ‘publish’ button on his Traillii review. Did he predict how successful the Traillii would become?

He put a lot on the line and he turned out to be correct.

much to the disappointment of my wallet 😅

Last edited:
May 22, 2021 at 5:38 PM Post #29 of 587
I did some "Google Translate" on those two reviews. I found the association with ALO audio quite fascnating, and in my case, perhaps almost prophetic.

The first (This one was my favorite of the two)

"The label Oriolus may not be considered a highly-recognized brand for casual HiFi enthusiasts, just as many non-photography enthusiasts around me don't know about Auba or Ricoh. For the new generation of enthusiasts who are veteran or who are trying to play with portable HiFi equipment, the impression of this label is mostly affected by other veterans. Oriolus, also known as the "Elderly Audio Studio", used to be a topic that fans would never get around in the field of portable bundled equipment. Oriolus started to develop HiFi earplugs almost five or six years ago and persistently named it after various "orioles". This way was later followed by ALO, an American manufacturer on the other side of the ocean. The latter was also a predecessor brand that made a variety of portable amps and cables. Later, it was changed into plugs halfway through the monk, and it was also persistently named after various constellations. . In all fairness, I haven't been a fan of his earplugs products for so many years since playing with equipment, even ordinary users can't even talk about it. Of course, the reason for this is not to blame Oriolus, it is more of a problem of my own orientation.

"Old man" has always been good at expressing human voice, but I am not a pure vocal fan. As a result, when his representative work "Black Oriole" was extremely popular in the past, I only contacted it for a short time, and there were not many opportunities to listen carefully. Later, when the "Grey Oriole" was on fire, I listened seriously for a while. The stopper is a good stopper, not only the appearance, but also the sound that can be beaten in similar iron products. However, so many years have passed since the release of these two products. Although there have been several iterations of the products, they are all minor repairs. The overall style and tone have not been greatly changed, and even the name has been retained as the original name.

As for the stopper of "Bronze Oriole", the overseas version is named "Isabella". It has a relatively foreign name, and it seems more grounded in the foreign fan circle but it is also a routine operation. And the copper oriole is also a mid-to-high-end model made by Oriolus with a single moving coil solution. Of course, in the past two years, it has also been a trend to rejuvenate the dynamic circle of portable HiFi. For Oriolus, which has been working in the circle iron scheme for many years, there is no bottleneck in the technical aspect of going back to the single-moving circle scheme. The official price of 3680 is not cheap, but compared to its own high-end series "White Oriole", "Crested Oriole", "Silver Oriole", "Mountain Oriole" and the like, the price of copper Oriole is already very restrained. If it is categorized one-sidedly on the basis of valence, its position is slightly lower than the enduring "black oriole". According to the official product line classification, "Copper Oriole" should be regarded as the high-end model on the previous "Grey Oriole" line, not the "lower version" of the so-called "Black Oriole" line. On the packaging, the style of the entire "bird plug" series is the same, nothing more than the difference in the amount and grade of the foil inside the storage box or earplug sets. Of course, there is no storage box included in the plug of the copper oriole. If it is due to cost considerations, the development budget is put on the sound level, which is a good thing. Earplugs and wire body, a pack of silicone sleeves of various sizes, a wire clip and a cleaning stick, this is all the dowry of the copper oriole, there is no special sense of opening the box. The earplug cavity is still a one-piece design similar to the male mold resin. In order to echo the name of the "copper oriole", the entire cavity is translucent amber. Unlike other series of cavity backplane artwork, the backplane of the copper oriole is actually embedded with a dilapidated brass back cover to integrate with the cavity. It is quite a Sony JUST EAR design style, with six air guide holes also surrounding it. Around the center circle LOGO, I still have a good impression in terms of look and texture. The original wiring material uses a four-stranded wire, which has excellent flexibility, which is reflected in the practical wearing of the stethoscope effect and the convenience of storage. Of course, what needs to be reminded is that the original cable is a 4.4mm balanced plug. This point is destined for the user group this plug faces is serious enthusiasts rather than ordinary consumer users.

In terms of drive difficulty, the copper oriole does not appear to be a high barrier for users because of the default configuration of the 4.4mm balanced plug design. In fact, it can get its normal level on the small tail of HiFi mobile phones that support 4.4mm balanced output. Sound density and dynamic performance. The upward direction of the copper oriole is generally a balanced way, restrained but not contagious. Although the sound field is not the kind of feeling that allows you to be in a concert hall with one ear, it is quite enough for most popular music, whether it is horizontal or deep, it belongs to the upper-middle level of similar products. The atmosphere of the mid-low frequency band has an excellent performance, the low frequency volume is moderate, the dive is not deep, and the point is reached, while retaining the due details. In the playback performance of mainstream popular tracks, the low frequency of the copper oriole is provided to users. Sensory pleasure is quite excellent. The mid-range image distance is medium and close. Compared with the gray oriole, the sound is more supple, and it is more omnivorous on the original basis. In the key vocal interpretation repertoire, there will be no human voice to a certain extent. In terms of suppressing the performance of instrumental details, from this point alone, compared with the gray oriole, my personal acceptance of the subjective sense of hearing, especially the hearing resistance, is much higher. The mid-high and high-frequency parts of the copper oriole provide good brightness and transparency. Although there is still a slight gap in extension compared with higher-end products that are based on instrumental music, it is loose and extended at both ends. A reasonable trade-off was made, at the expense of a bit of ultra-high frequency penetration, in exchange for a less tight, looser sense of hearing, which is more suitable for long-term listening in terms of endurance, and the most important thing is all this They are not exchanged for the loss of details.

Regarding the collocation, after more than half a month of tossing, I will briefly list a few collocations that impressed me as a reference:

Copper Oriole + LOTOO S1:

As the most frequently used equipment in people's daily life, mobile phones should naturally be given priority. As for how many mobile phones now have 3.5mm audio output ports, it is definitely not a 4.4 balance port. On the other hand, the choice of the Letu S1 decoding amp with a small tail is precisely because it supports 4.4mm balanced output. As mentioned earlier, in terms of driveability, Le Tu S1 did not drag the copper oriole's hind legs due to thrust problems. This set of collocation feedback is in the subjective sense of hearing, and the entire sound framework is basically at the same level as the mainstream entry-level DAP. S1, as a piece of equipment that does not have much dyeing, makes the copper oriole have a good dynamic performance under the introverted appearance. And if this degree of dynamics has to be true, it is still slightly less interesting in some physical instrumental music with large rhythm fluctuations, but it is more than enough to cope with general popular music. It is hard to say what is so close to this set of collocation, the low frequency can be more perfect if it can be condensed a little more."

The second

"The copper oriole uses a large-caliber single-moving coil unit. In other words, there should be certain requirements for the burn-in time; coffee beans have a bean-growing period, and the moving-loop plug needs to be burned. When the pen is written, this one is on hand. It has reached 300+ hours and entered the state stage by stage, so it is also possible to simply share the sense of hearing.

For the original line 4.4mm balance, I used Shanling M8 as the front end; while the single-ended 3.5mm with the upgraded line Jaben W90 uses SE200 as the benchmark, supplemented by Lepi 199LTD as a reference.

The sound of the copper oriole is generally very healthy. You can feel the regular sound frame just after unpacking, the sound bottom is clean, the tri-band energy is evenly distributed, the thickness of the sound is thinner than most products of the elderly, and the instrumental image is clear, which benefits Due to its excellent resolution and a relatively wide sound field, the instrumental music is well distributed, with good dynamics and transients, and the sound has a sharpness in the vividness; in the restoration of pan-pop and rock music, the taste of copper oriole ring The sound is sweet and delicate, the vocal position is moderate, and the low frequency is flexible. The fly in the ointment is that higher transparency will bring a part of the tooth sound. However, this problem can be weakened by changing the single-ended cable and adjusting the earplugs. The W90 single-ended cable is a 4-core 8-core finely braided copper wire. The sound roughly retains the original line style while weakening the tooth sound problem. The vocal position is slightly pulled in, and the low-frequency sense is slightly increased, but more Some flavor.

Generally speaking, the copper oriole is a good plug that takes into account both sound quality and musicality. I often wear it and it is difficult to remove it."

Thanks for that! Damn this new DD seems much more up my street than the IE900, and a sight cheaper too.

Have we heard much about the Crassirostris?

May 22, 2021 at 5:40 PM Post #30 of 587
Thanks for that! Damn this new DD seems much more up my street than the IE900, and a sight cheaper too.

Same...pretty sure I'll be early adopting as soon as I get the go ahead from @MusicTeck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back