Penon Audio 10th Anniversary Commemorative In-Ear Monitor
May 19, 2023 at 5:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Penon

Sponsor: PENON
Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your support and attention.

Penon Audio has been in business for 10 years from 2013 to 2023 , and this year we celebrate our 10th anniversary by making a good value earphone.

Penonaudio10thIEMs.jpg

Penon Audio 10th Anniversary Audiophile IEM
2 Electrostatic + 2 Balanced Armature + 2 Dynamic Driver
3D printed, medical grade resin material, light and beautiful, comfortable to wear.
2 x Sonion EST for ultra-high frequency
1 x Knowles BA for high frequency
1 x Sonion BA for middle frequency
2 x 6mm crystalline plated biofilm Dynamic driver
4-way crossover, 3 tube channel
Frequency response: 15Hz-70kHz
Sensitivity:110dB
Impedance:8ohm±10%

Link:
https://penonaudio.com/penon-audio-10th-anniversary-iem.html

Discussion thread:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-penon-official-thread.934523/post-17561819

Last edited:
PENON Stay updated on PENON at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221974387914138/ https://twitter.com/PenonAudio?s=09 https://www.instagram.com/penonaudio/ https://penonaudio.com/ penonaudio@hotmail.com
May 23, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #4 of 20
This looks fantastic! I am a HUGE fan of everything I have heard by Penon so far: Serial, Globe, Fan 2, Fan [also ISN EST50!], so this has me beyond excited!

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #5 of 20
Ordered...

the_10th_c2.jpg

May 25, 2023 at 3:53 AM Post #7 of 20
May 27, 2023 at 7:26 AM Post #8 of 20
Great job Penon! What a beautiful blue beast of an IEM you've created, at a very reasonable price.

Penon 10th AE-1.jpg

Jul 14, 2023 at 9:31 PM Post #9 of 20
Just a quick set of pre-burn-in impressions.
Nice fullness that is not necessarily coming from the midrange. Well...........it's a window into the mids still, as it wouldn't be a Penon without that. But the low-end shows off deeper than the Volt ever thought of being, and the tippy-top is a form of balance for the lows which seems to walk a totally correct line? I mean.........what this all does is still showcase the lovely midrange :).........and there is no doubt about it in my mind. Literally I can hear somehow an unwavering balance, yet that balance is off-set by deep authentic drama in the strings and a slight thinness to the taps found existing in the midrange middle, but they are still totally utilitarian? It's this full-on exquisite balance that lets through the emotion still held in dynamism?
DSC_0328.jpeg don.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2023 at 2:10 AM Post #10 of 20
Looking forward to hearing what you think of them.

The Tuning befits its name and stature, the 10th Anniversary Edition In Ear Headphones. They're not difficult to play, load is so much less.
Massive sound field most especially the height. played via any decent dac dongle including the Penon Tail, expect the same including super wide staging as well as a really deep holographic imaging. Layering is awesome as well as separation, too.
The tuning is a shallow v shape, No worries about the Mids. All details, low level, macro and 3d effects can be heard without difficulty, but with absolute clarity. The Penon house sound signature open air, boundless, realistic mids are all here. Expect 100 % timbre correctness, in tasty lush, neutral tone.
Vocal projection (usually) from the middle centre is fantastic, with pin point accuracy. Multiple voices will treat you with the best blending.
The Bass amplitude, extension, rumble, texture parameters are all excellent. Sub and mid bass are tuned equally well.
The treble air, decay, extension, sparkle are expertly tuned. One wouldn't want for more, believe it.
Any genre can be played in this set, with consummate ease.
I understand this is a usd499 unit - expensive to some, but from the sets that I have owned and some still with me that are 6 times the price, one should consider this as a bargain.
By the way of how it was tuned, the quality of build and tuning, I'd put the value at more than usd1,799 - this is an Anniversary winner!
IMG_E4187.JPG

Jul 17, 2023 at 5:05 AM Post #11 of 20
Just because $499.00 is a lot of money, and you want to keep your Anniversary Edition in shape.
Penon 10th Anniversary Special Edition included genuine leather carrying case, with smaller ear-tip, brush and shirt-clip case.
https://penonaudio.com/penon-audio-10th-anniversary-iem.html
3EC23F32-F592-4622-8063-68E9585106C4.jpeg

Did you know that the cases make the number 10 when positioned right and the blue center of the IEMs together makes the number 10.
24C2AE75-732D-4937-89D0-A5C1931868C8.jpeg

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #12 of 20
Yep, two days or so into it, and I can already tell the 10th Anniversary is the best thing Penon/ISN has ever made. Just the total size of the stage for one. Then such effortless in walking. Just simply going ahead and parlaying such distance of imaging. Really it’s unreal how good these are. Penon totally sequenced the introductions (to me) too, recently first the Volt, which I totally understand where the Volt gets it’s value, except this 10th Anniversary is so much more elaborate and evolved, most contrasts! The contrast is really doing something? :)

Taking everything they have learned, plus the last 10 years since the store opened, to not become afraid in adding bass and treble. But the bass is fast and detailed, there are tiny little bass embellishments which go ahead to show how it’s not slow in the slightest? Then the treble as so far as the best treble from Penon ever. Big and involving but textured and dense yet fast and agile. All this goes ahead to lay the groundwork for the mids.

Anyone who says these mids are showing grain must be a planted shill or an operative to keep the truth from being known? The mids are dovetailed in and seemingly doing their duty. These are Penon mids, the center of the ability here. There is a very careful placement of all the instruments I know in songs, yet each instrument shows a slight added dimension of correctness and poise? I still can’t get over the stage too, the way it’s forward and back, top and bottom but also the prefect width?

The best thing Penon has ever made, and not by a little, but by far! This isn’t a matter of opinion! Keep in mind I haven't heard the Impact.

Now here is the thing, even difficult stuff the 10th Anniversary just takes it like it’s nothing. The scary part is just how really well rounded the 10th is. AnythIng, anything I would play has the same drama and the involvement? Everything all music is a gift, nothing does it do off. And finally the timbre? What? The 10th puts all other methods to shame. I mean I love Hybrid anyway, but this is not metallic or steely or anything, but the 10th shows the space and distance between notes and events just like the best Hybrids do, except everything, everything is with-in correct timbre. I’m looking for what it does bad, but I can’t find anything? I just listened to the whole album of Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL Batman v Superman in 96 kHz - 24 bit. I listened to Theater of Tragedy “Episode” 44.1 kHz - 24 bit and Anastasis by DCD “Kiko” in 44.1 kHz - 24 bit. Used Sony WM1Z and ISN G4 cable! Truly this is something here? And Penon has never done this exact tune before, totally new! New but the tune doesn’t remind me of anything? Speechless.......A TOTL Flagship in every sense of the word!

Oh, and fit, they are big, but fit perfect!

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2023 at 9:32 PM Post #13 of 20
Aug 12, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #15 of 20
Just received my pair of the 10th Anniversary IEMs. First ever Penon IEMs, and I have to say, WOW! Is the sound of the 10th Anniversary the usual Penon house sound? What are the closest other Penon IEMs?
See that’s the thing.......the 10th Anniversary has a little of everything they’ve done, but it is also different in that it has a midrange emphasis, but not like others. Meaning some may hear the midrange as slightly less involved, where there is definitely a treble and a big bass showcased. But maybe that midrange is what makes the 10th unique, just the style of it. I have heard 14 Penons/ISN IEMs total. But it is hard to say what the 10th is most like? Maybe a better question to you is what are your top 5 favorite IEMs and I will try to recommend something similar in the Penon/ISN line? Just so you know, the 10th is my most favorite IEM they have ever made. Just the overall sound I really like, as well as the fit, it fits me the best of all of them.

Of course from left field is to suggest the Penon Serial. The wild thing is before the Serial came out there was nothing exactly as warm/neutral as it. Now the confusing thing is in a way it is the opposite of the 10th! Still the Serial showcases 3 DDs all of a different caliber. There is really nothing like it. Yet you can still also find the Penon midrange inside. So the crazy part is it is a recommendation, yet that’s kinda how Penon/ISN is, you can recommend the opposite of the 10th and still the buyer will be happy!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back