Pictures of your portable rig- Part IV- A fresh start
Feb 23, 2006 at 4:02 PM Post #421 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
My newest portable setup, doesn't sound half bad either. Motorola L7 SLVR and Westone UM2's.

large.jpg

thats a very nice theme/skin u got there... is it downloadable from the net??

Feb 24, 2006 at 4:21 AM Post #422 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by RB26DETT
thats a very nice theme/skin u got there... is it downloadable from the net??

Not sure, it's called Techno and it was preinstalled on the phone.

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:05 AM Post #426 of 595

i love this case. That tape mod is professional eh?

i took these to try to show the size of the HD201 cups. They're smallish, but good if you have small-medium ears i guess

sry if the pics are sucky/blurry. i accidentally had the setting for VGA res. for some reason
tongue.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 2:29 PM Post #428 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Not sure, it's called Techno and it was preinstalled on the phone.

hmm... anyway u've got links to download themes/skins and applications for motorola phones?

Feb 28, 2006 at 2:35 PM Post #429 of 595
Here is my humble contribution to this thread, even though it is not exactly portable, more... err... like... transportable!
icon10.gif

SonyStax.jpg

Y'all should know what these are, but just in case:
Sony Discman D-Z555; Stax SR-001 MkII; custom made Kimber GK-Mini Hybrid (Silver/Copper).

I plan to use the Stax with the smaller (and lighter) Sony D-EJ2000 (US version), which should arrive this week; I'll post an updated photo later...
wink.gif

Bruno

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:30 PM Post #431 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
I know it's not the proper reaction, but when I see that I think "retro-ghetto".

Yeap, I could have chosen an easier route (Ipod or similar), but ended up prefering a vintage Discman... You just don't get that brick solid (and heavy
icon10.gif
) feeling elsewhere...

Retro-Ghetto or not (had never seen that expression before), it does sound great!

Bruno

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:34 PM Post #432 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
I know it's not the proper reaction, but when I see that I think "retro-ghetto".

It's all retro, but boy, there's exactly 0% ghetto to these components!

Feb 28, 2006 at 6:39 PM Post #433 of 595
The great thing about those Stax and the CD player is no one is gunna steal them from you. All they see is dinosaur CD player and uncomfortable looking headphones from the 70s. Covert-fi at its greatest!
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #434 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brunobiseu

I plan to use the Stax with the smaller (and lighter) Sony D-EJ2000 (US version), which should arrive this week; I'll post an updated photo later...
wink.gif

Bruno

So...does it hurt to insert those into your ears?
confused.gif
biggrin.gif

Feb 28, 2006 at 7:39 PM Post #435 of 595
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver :)
It's all retro, but boy, there's exactly 0% ghetto to these components!

Oh of course, I know it's all top notch gear, I'm just looking at it with a layman's point of view.

As was pointed out by skudmunky, old klunker
wink.gif
discman and uncomfortable funny looking (ugly) headphones. Have to admire your dedication at the very least.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back