Please don't arbitrarily rate threads
Jul 8, 2001 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Apheared

You call that an amp? THIS is an amp!
I know everyone wants to play with the features, and hey have fun! But keep in mind thread ratings... later in life, when there's thousands of threads and very high traffic, it will be a GREAT feature for those unlike us who read every post.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2001 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:

i don't like the whole rating thing. i mean, this is a online community and i don't think there's any place for putting a rating on a discussion.

I could not agree more, XXhalberstramXX. Life is tough enough without having to worry whether or not our postings here will be up to snuff. I can see people not posting something because they may be worried their quality rating will be poor.

Jul 8, 2001 at 9:10 PM Post #4 of 17
I agree too - ratings do not belong here, for all the reasons you mentioned. After all, we have moderators - if there's something really offensive/stupid/not-belonging-here, they can easily get rid of it. Ratings might be useful when there is no moderator...

Jul 8, 2001 at 9:13 PM Post #5 of 17
Jude and I have talked about this before, and chances are it's going to go sometime soon. Not necessarily for good, just to see if anyone misses the feature. I too find it unnecessary, especially since only a few threads get rated and most likely by only one person
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2001 at 9:42 PM Post #7 of 17
See, there ya go. Some moron thought he was being funny rating this thread, when it's about as non-important and non-informative as possible... it would be pointless for moderators only to control ratings, only things they personally care about would get rated, regardless of importance... but this guy just proved the case for removing the feature.
biggrin.gif

Jul 8, 2001 at 10:25 PM Post #11 of 17
hehe... I just gave a thread of mine a 5 star rating. hopefully more ppl will respond now! long live the rating system!

(or conversley, get rid of it since it's really kinda silly)

Jul 8, 2001 at 11:57 PM Post #12 of 17
Though I don't really rate threads, common sense will tell you that threads in which many people crap on either the original post or each other's replies will deserve a rating of either one or two stars.
frown.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 12:40 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

I rated the thread, and I loved it! I can't stop rating threads now!

So, rating threads can be somewhat addictive too? Glad I never started.
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2001 at 12:45 AM Post #14 of 17
don't get apheared goin' man , you know how he gets !

oh,um...thats me ........

anyway,the true measure of a threads interest is how many respond,for good or bad it gets a life of its own and then we all learn something, either about the topic or each other

these are the REAL five star threads

biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back